New Official Millennium Fox Site !

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Many thanks to Agent1013 for letting me know that Fox have launced a new MillenniuM website, I posted the news earlier at MDUK.

https://www.foxhome.com/millennium/

I think it's quite stunning and is everything I dreamed of in a new and modern MillenniuM site, great use of MillenniuM imagery and sound. Nicely animated and I like the sound of the snake hissing when the Ouro moves too! Whoever created it did a fantastic job and is obviously an MLM enthusiast, it drips with the atmosphere of the show. I found one Easter Egg too but can't find the other (yet!).

I'm not sure how it will come over on a dial up connection but on Broadband it rocks!

Some excellent wallpapers have been created in the Downloads section (bit sad to see no screensaver yet) but I'm glad they have accounted for the new larger screen resolutions suppoorted by modern monitors compared to the original Fox wallpapers on the old site.

Check out the Polariod Stalker themed Gallery, very nice indeed with new images that have been created instead of using the old lossy formated jpegs that are still knocking about. They must have an archive at Fox of first class quality artwork.

the behind the scenes shots are nice too and its fun to spot the directors behind the camera etc.

One thing I noticed was that the wording at times seems as if its in present tense rather than past, such as the page that mentions "where MillenniuM is filmed.".

I think its great as you can tell. Let us know what you think.

THE TIME IS NEAR :ouro:

• Elders (Moderators)

A brilliant site!

Well done to Agent1013 (great name!) for spotting it.

Gra, are you going to post this news on the Millennium and x-files newsgroups?

Edited by Libby

Guest Regan MacNeil

Does this seem weird to anyone else? I saw the site, it's amazing. I've never seen anyone put this much effort into promoting a DVD release. The websites for The X-Files releases weren't this good. Do you guys think Fox could be gauging interest in Millennium, possibly for a Millennium movie? I know that sounds far fetched, but I know CC and LH want to do it and that CC has said he's working on two other film projects other that XF2. Presales for season 1 seem to be doing great and Fox is currently making a film based on Firefly because of great DVD sales. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe studios promote DVD releases this well all the time, it just seems like Fox never gave Millennium the attention it deserves and they wouldn't be paying attention now unless they thought they could make some serious money off of it.

Guest Regan MacNeil

I know it sounds crazy, but this is how Star Trek started. Not that I think Millennium is going to be huge or anything, but I think if any show could make a comeback it's Millennium. MM has been canceled for 5 years now and the fan base seems stronger now than it ever was. It seems like more and more people are starting to remember how good MM was. With DVD pre sales, the film petition, the internet fanbase, I think Fox may be starting to realize that they can still make money off MM. A film may be too much to hope for, but I do think Fox is finally starting to take note of this show and it's following.

Guest WaveCrest

I read on an X Files forum the quote that CC has "2 other film projects" in the works beside writing an XF2 script. You know I never even thought about a Millennium movie MAYBE being one of those two film projects that CC is also working on.

Edited to say:

Nice looking site!

Edited by WaveCrest

those easter egg things, um would that happen to be things like the frenchman saying I want to see you dance on the red rimmed tides? or the flash of someone getting ripped up, and the third one I saw was the girl getting mauled... eww gross.

anyway, that sound you hear isn't a snake hissing, listen closely, it blood dripping in to the snake and when it moves up, it smears the blood.

the site reminds me of what was put into THE RING the ring movie web page... enter at your own risk... the last thing you see is the ring...

kath