X-Files Four CD Set Confirmed By Snow - Spring 2009

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

• Elders (Moderators)

I don't know if this https://www.filmscore...mID=1&archive=0 is the same place you got your information from, SadEyes, but one member posted:

18 tracks for Lone Gunmen

15 tracks for Harsh

TT: 77:42

And MV also said:

This will be coming out some time in August... have not decided when yet. Possibly Aug 10. If not then possibly Aug 24. We are drowning in Predakrullman orders... but it's a good thing.

And yes, it will be signed by Mark Snow.

• Elders (Moderators)

Yes, my source is the FSM-site too and the mail, that MV wrote me. 33 Tracks, not bad, but that sounds like some very short cues... :whistling:

Brilliant stuff Alex, thank you. That's precisely the cover I was hoping we would get as it's my favourite image of the Gunmen. I wonder if there's a Harsh Realm cover on the reverse of the inlay sleeve. That seems to me to be the most likely possibility as you could opt to have whichever show you prefer as the front cover. I'm still not convinced this should have been available for sale to a select few whilst they are are still unable to confirm a firm release date to the majority of people waiting for this. Surely rips of this are already circulating? It seems a very strange decision that could potentially damage sales of what is already going to be a nice product.

Who knows.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Of related interest (from another message board):

I didn't notice any comment about this (my apologies if this has already been discussed), but another new release from La La Land that was featured at the Comic Con preview night was Mark Snow's music to both the Lone Gunment and Harsh Realm. It is a single disc, and is limited to 2000 units. I snagged a copy last night, and even got an autographed booklet!

I'm curious about this. Was this person a normal poster on the message board, or do they run this message board?

My fear with observations like this, is that people who have snagged copies will put them up for sale on eBay, and aren't really a fan of the show(s).

Nice Lone Gunmen cover on the CD in the picture. I hope too that Harsh Realm is on the reverse side.

• Elders (Moderators)

WaveCrest - I think all of the quotes here are from the same forum - see the link in my post above. All of the posters in that thread are listed as members, but one response is from "MV" who is associated with La La Land Records.

It also worries me a bit that some people might have bought a copy of the CD at ComicCon solely with the purpose of making money from selling on ebay. I would hope that the vast majority of people who went to ComicCon were fans of some kind, but I suppose there always the possibility of a few people attending with the idea of making a fast buck. However, having said that, I would have thought that such people would go for items that would have a larger prospective market than TLG and HR which are likely to be more of a niche market than a mainstream one.

Just to add a (hopefully) calming note - I see that the MM CD is still available to purchase (though not a signed copy) from the La La Land website. And I do think that the MM music would have had a larger fanbase than TLG/HR.

Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed here - not too long to go.

Hi folks,

I don't know very much at all about La La Land or how these projects come to fruition but I wondered if anyone knew if there had been any consultation with the fans in respect of suggestions for what should be included? Kimon shared with me a superb list that he had compiled over the years from the wish-lists of X-Files fans and it was a great rundown of various cues and themes from the whole nine seasons of the show. Evidently X-Files fans have their own passions for what they would like to see make the final release and I wondered if their ideas had at least been taken into consideration?

Eth

PS I'd share the link to the list with you if I could recall where it is but I'm kerfuffled at present. I will find it and share it later.

Guest WaveCrest

WaveCrest - I think all of the quotes here are from the same forum - see the link in my post above. All of the posters in that thread are listed as members, but one response is from "MV" who is associated with La La Land Records.

Sorry Libby. I did read your post before last but forgot about it when making my last post. It was like a puff of smoke had appeared in my mind as I made my last post!

• Elders (Moderators)

The quotes are almost all from the FSM-site, FSM stands for Film Score Monthly and they are also a label for film scores, like La-La-Land. MV is the executive at La-La-Land, he is producing their CDs and some of his quotes are from e-mails, that he sent.

The "Lone Gunmen" CD will now be announced August 17th.

And for fans of TV scoring in general, from Film Score Monthly (.com) we got coming:

"CHiPs": Volume 3 (score from season 4); Alan Silvestri

Possibly by the end of August

"Star Trek: The Next Generation" 14CD set (40 complete episode scores, of the 42, that Ron Jones did)

Hopefully the first couple weeks of September