The Penitent Man

Rate this topic

Guest Kudzu1977

Hi Sidewinder,

That's a superb suggestion. I would certainly be interested in reading the interview and I wondered if you had had the chance to view the film yourself and what you thought of it? Lance seemed very enthusiastic about his work on this project so I have high expectations for it and the reviews were positive to boot.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

I'm with you regarding the high expectations on The Penitent Man. When I was in contact with Nicholas Gyeney the movie was still in post production. I sadly haven't seen the movie yet but I hope to change that soon.

Regarding the interview: I'll post a little note in here when I have it online.

Guest WaveCrest

Of Lance's more recent new films the ones I'm most looking to are The Penitent Man and Beautiful Wave. The former sounds very interesting and the latter is very interesting and looks gorgeous.

I'm with the both of you. I am really looking forward to this one. One of the problems with low budget film makers is the desire to want to make big budget offerings on a small budget. Sometimes it encourages those involved to new heights of creativity and amazing results emerge but all to often it simply leaves the project looking over ambitious and shoddy on the screen. A few of Lance's films have suffered but because of any competence in the cast (this is the mighty Lance Henriksen after all) but in the crew. "The Penitent Man", however, looks to be well conceived of for its small budget and what impresses me is that it seems high concept rather than something intent on providing jollies for the sake of them.

The trailers I have seen have looked wonderful.

Eth

PS Looking forward to the interview Sidewinder and thank you so much for offering to share with us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WaveCrest

Ordered my copy of the CD version of The Penitent Man soundtrack a few days ago. Had an email from Amazon.com today to say it's been shipped.

Superb stuff. :clapping: Let us know what you think of it Richard. I am really looking forward to seeing this film and if it grabs me I will be following suit and ordering myself a copy. I have the Bone Dry soundtrack as well and that is superb.

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

We sadly only get the mp3-downloads here. But the snippets on amazon.de sound cool. It reminds me a little bit on the "Millennium"-mood.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

PS Looking forward to the interview Sidewinder and thank you so much for offering to share with us.

Sometimes things need a little time and as I was very busy lately it needs some more time. But finally I put the "old" interview online. In English this time. Hope you have some fun with it even though some informations are old by now.

Just follow the link to Lance-Henriksen.de and be my guest.

Thank you so much for sharing that it is a fascinating interview and kudos to you for doing it. I hope you don't mind if I share of link of this to others who might enjoy reading it also?

The last I heard he was selling The Terminator portrait that Lance gave to him. I wonder what became of that?

Eth

Guest Sidewinder

Thank you so much for sharing that it is a fascinating interview and kudos to you for doing it. I hope you don't mind if I share of link of this to others who might enjoy reading it also?

Off course not, please feel free to share the link (as long as my website is named as the source; promotion is always a good thing :oneeyedwinK ).

The last I heard he was selling The Terminator portrait that Lance gave to him. I wonder what became of that?

Eth

Me too.