High Plains Drifter, Joseph McBrayer

Message added by The Old Man

AA8E491A-5499-45D4-A0C4-01573D1B92A4.jpeg

RIP High Plains Drifter. This Is Who We Are.

things are not going well for Joe .  he is still in the hospital and will soon be moved to rehab.  there is always hope but reality can not be ignored .  please continue to send love and strength his way and for for his family .  :23::rose1:

posted by his wife a few minutes ago on FB ;  "  Friends and family - Joe is still at Mercy Hospital. The short term plan is to get him ready to go to rehab by the beginning of next week to gain some strength back.His oncologist is going to monitor his liver function for the next two weeks. If there is no improvement or it gets worse, he has advised us to look into hospice care, either here st the Pratt Center (where Joe does chemo) or at home. Alongside the liver, the cancer lesions in his lungs are continuing to grow rapidly. The one in his upper arm bone is the most painful one. Pain meds are able to control the pain for now.You all know Joe and what a fighter he is. We have not given up, but we need to come to terms on what the best care for him is. Trust me when I tell you that "saying" come to terms and "accepting" come to terms are very far apart in my head right now.If you are in town and would like to visit him, he's in room 5360. Plz be sure you ask the nurses for a gown and gloves as he is still battling C-diff, a nasty staph infecction and visitors need to cover up.I know you are already doing this, but I can't tell you how much it means to us that you are praying for him, for Gabriel and I. A friend said our village will take care of us. So, plz keep prayers, light, love, good thougths and good vibes coming. "  

• Like 1

Joes last post is he is now in rehab.  he is staying  strong , at least on the outside , for his family and friends for which he is very grateful for all their love and support .   :23::rose1:

Edited by Walkabout
  • Like 1