Worst Mm Episode....ever

Rate this topic

Guest MMawagen

Well said Jim. That's pretty much what I was trying to say but you said it far more eloquently!

Alot of television shows and film franchises are judged by their weakest episode. Like how 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' did nothing but tarnish the brilliant 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' by taking our hero and turning him into a bumbling moron.

Luckily with MM we had so many terrific episodes that the 2 or 3 bad ones really don't take anything away from the show as a whole.

Guest RodimusBen

Just as often in television, the public at large rarely remembers much past the first season when a show is at the height of its public visibility. For example, ask any non-viewer about LOST and they'll say "That's the show where they're surviving on an island, right? With the hobbit guy in it?"

In Millennium's case, they say "that's the show by the same guy who did X-Files about the psychic who hunts serial killers, right? With Bishop in it?" :dry:

But I have to admit that I really love "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me." My only problem with SSGBM is that its references are all dated. If you don't remember Ally McBeal, The X-Files, and When Animals Attack, then half of the humor is gone for you. The same is true if you're not aware of how many times Millennium butted heads with BS&P. But the episode did make me feel an awkward sympathy for these four demons, so for that it's a very deft piece of writing.

I am surprised more people are not saying "Thirteen Years Later."

That episode is pure crap. KISS.... what the f***? Get off my TV!!

I mentioned it! It was pretty rotten. I'm a huge horror movie fan and I still didn't like it. A couple of the John Carpenter references were amusing but that didn't really help. Un-funny satire + 'Millennium' = not good.

Guest RodimusBen
KISS.... what the f***? Get off my TV!!

Dude! KISS on MM was awesome! It's just that the script that surrounded their appearance was total garbage. I also thought the cameos in other roles was a great idea.

Plus, you HAVE to admit that this picture is all kinds of awesome.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CW5iuzp1bHM/SSHe...-h/pic305bl.jpg

Edited by RodimusBen

Guest Anephric
I am surprised more people are not saying "Thirteen Years Later."

That episode is pure crap. KISS.... what the f***? Get off my TV!!

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not a big advocate of humor on the Chris Carter series. Millennium did a fair job of it with Somehow Satan Got Behind Me and Jose Chung... but X-Files had repeatedly dumb, poor episodes revolving around bad plots written expressly for the people who *didn't* watch the show regularly. I wanted to like Lone Gunmen but it failed for this very reason; everything about it illicted a groan and a rolling of eyes.

Guest ZeusFaber

Could not disagree more with that assessment of The X-Files's intelligent and innovative sense of humour, but each to their own.

I still haven't finished Season 3 only 4 eps in... but my least favorite so far are both from Season 1 which is a season that as a whole I really love...

The Well Worn Lock and The Wild and the Innocent.

WWL reminds me too much of a Lifetime movie of the week and as an attorney I just can't take the court room scene seriously.

WatI reminds me too much of Natural Born Killers which was a movie I could not stand, although I like most of Tarantino's other scripts- particularly Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Also, I can't stand that harsh type of unattractive southern accent, which living in the south I get to hear all the time, so that probably added to my dislike of the episode.

Several people here don't seem to like A Single Blade of Grass, which I actually enjoyed quite a bit. Just goes to show YMMV.

Edited by BillQS

Guest Jim McLean
WWL reminds me too much of a Lifetime movie of the week and as an attorney I just can't take the court room scene seriously.

You must love Boston Legal... :)

Shame when an episode loses its shine from being too close to the realities behind it. Always a good reason never to go into the police. Aside from The Wire, I think every other drama must have hair pulling moments!