Worst Mm Episode....ever

Rate this topic

Guest MMawagen

Guest A Stranger
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Pest House" or "Closure".

Pest House was predictable and boring whereas Closure had nothing to do with Millennium at all. It felt like a leftover X-Files episode that the producers stumbled upon.

I'm also not impressed with the two Darrin Morgan episodes. I thought they were a bit absurd and departed from the theme of Millennium to a considerable degree.

How did "Closure" have nothing to do with MLM. There weren't any supernatural elements so how do you relate it to X-Files? It's not great but it seems appropriate subject matter.

• 1 year later...

Blade of Grass and Goodbye Charlie are my least favorites. Blade is just cheesy, and I can't stand the singing in Goodbye. Also, I see both as trying to deleiver polictacal correct message rather than the good vs. evil theme of the show.

I have seen my beloved "Somwhow Satan Got Behind Me" kicked around in here too much. I know that I like it because it so closely relates to my world view, and mimics one of my favorite books; The Screwtape Letters. The thing is, it has good social commentary, addresses classical philisophical questions, contiains rich dialog, AND pokes fun at MLLM, X-Files, and FOX in general. If you only see it as a farce, I think you miss the point.

Guest betweenthelines

I only watched it once on DVD, but I kind of liked 'The Pest House'. It may not be as engaging or thought-provoking as most MM episodes, but it was an entertaining way to kill 44 minutes or so.

'Closure'... eh. I didn't totally hate it, but this story could have been done on any show. It has the same problem as other Season 3 episodes: typical cop show feel with some MM characters thrown in the mix. I did like the scene where Emma crashes her car in order to kill the one criminal--what a bold move on her part!

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I only watched it once on DVD, but I kind of liked 'The Pest House'. It may not be as engaging or thought-provoking as most MM episodes, but it was an entertaining way to kill 44 minutes or so.

'Closure'... eh. I didn't totally hate it, but this story could have been done on any show. It has the same problem as other Season 3 episodes: typical cop show feel with some MM characters thrown in the mix. I did like the scene where Emma crashes her car in order to kill the one criminal--what a bold move on her part!

Yes, not two of the greatest episodes, but I enjoyed them both as well. I think "Closure" does fit Millennium more than most people do, because it does deal with "evil" and the nature of evil. In this episode, Emma takes the case because she thinks it might allow her to understand why her sister was killed, and why these people do the evil they do, but Frank tells her the case will not give her the answers she is looking for, and sometimes there are no answers as to why men like this do evil.

As for Pest House, it's just good fun with a nice twist at the end. It gives us the feel of a good slasher flick, and I think this was the intention. Many people complain that the murders are cliched, but I would argue that this is because the murders come from the sub conscious dreams of the patients. Personally, I thought it was a good twist making the male nurse/counselor the killer and did not find it to be predictable before they started heading down that path. As mentioned many times in the past, Melinda McGraw (Scully's sister) was a nice addition to the cast and made it all the more enjoyable.

Having recently seen Human Essence, I can say it wasn't the train wreck I was led to believe. Not great, but not horrible.

I've stayed away from the Jose Chung episode, but I'll have to bite the bullet one day...

Guest SouthernCelt

I don't know why some don't like the Jose Chung ep. Yes, it's wryly and satirically humorous, some might say farcical, but it offers a good departure from the pretty much deadly serious eps that surround it.

I don't know why some don't like the Jose Chung ep. Yes, it's wryly and satirically humorous, some might say farcical, but it offers a good departure from the pretty much deadly serious eps that surround it.

I hear you and I liked the X-Files episode with him in it, but as I was going through the series and that episode was up, I just didn't want to see it. I'm all about deadly serious! :wink:

Guest chagrin

As for me, I like almost all episodes. I haven't yet dipped back into Season 3 yet (it's been 3 years) but as for my opinion of bad episodes, Luminary is ridiculous, a kid runs away, tries to talk like an adult gets saved and then runs away again. I didn't buy any of it. It's not that I don't "get it", I do but I didn't buy the kid or the story. I don't think I can watch it again, although it's hard for me to stay away from the show, for long - heh

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
As for me, I like almost all episodes. I haven't yet dipped back into Season 3 yet (it's been 3 years) but as for my opinion of bad episodes, Luminary is ridiculous, a kid runs away, tries to talk like an adult gets saved and then runs away again. I didn't buy any of it. It's not that I don't "get it", I do but I didn't buy the kid or the story. I don't think I can watch it again, although it's hard for me to stay away from the show, for long - heh

Bold choice my friend, I think Luminary is at the very top of the polling for best episode, but it goes to show you that different episodes work for different people. I too liked almost all of the episodes.

Guest chagrin
Bold choice my friend, I think Luminary is at the very top of the polling for best episode, but it goes to show you that different episodes work for different people. I too liked almost all of the episodes.

Heh, as usual I am opposite than most. Oh well, but yes - this show is my all time favorite and everytime I watch I still find it so hard to believe it's cancelled; absurd!