First Millennium Experience

Rate this topic

Guest zombieromero

Guest chrisnu

I actually missed the series entirely during its run. I watched my first episode after

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
downloading it! AHHH!!!
which was "Jose Chung's 'Doomsday Defense'". I picked that episode because I knew that it was written and directed by Daring Morgan, whose X-Files episodes I cherish dearly. I loved it, and my enthusiasm for the show grew after that, and the rest is history.

Guest zombieromero

Yeah "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" was a cool episode. I remember watching that episode because they showed it back to back with the X-Files episode, "Jose Chung's From Outer Space"

Anymore experiences with Millennium?

:ouro:

My first Millennium experience was watching the pilot when it aired for the first time. What got me psyched to watch it was the trailer following The X-Files with the guys walking around with eyes and mouths sewn shut. I saw that and knew that whatever this show was I had to see it.

My memories of the first show proved to be very emotional ones.

I was quite excited by the premise of the show and as the season unfolded I founf the show couldn't have been better suited for me. I just about flew out of my chair in the episodes Force Majeure and Powers, Principalities, Thrones And Dominions because I knew this was the show I had been waiting for.

I fell in love that week too. With Catherine. More than her physical beauty, the first number of episodes of Millennium portray a Catherine who is understanding and supports what her husband does, and this I found to be so very attractive. This, of course, changes as the season progresses and goes into nose-dive in season 2. This in one of the harder aspects of the series for me - the breakdown of their relationship and eventual collapse of it. The influence of Catherine's presence in my life as Frank's wife in profound as it helped define what I was looking for in a life partner. Here I am now married for a period six days short of 7 months and am happy beyond belief.

Blissfully in love,

Maxx

Guest zombieromero

Congratulations on finding true love Maxx! :clapping:

I too thought that the dynamic between Frank, Catherine and to some extent, Jordan, was one of the key aspects which got me hooked on the show.

Whilst season two isn't everyone's cup of tea, there are some classic episodes which need to be seen by everyone, Millennium fan or not.

:ouro:

Guest Copper1234

Hey guys,

Please bare with me due to my newbieness but this topic brought me back a few years.. Having caught all the Morgan episodes due to his X files history I had left it at that but always knew it was amazing. "Somehow Satan got Behind Me" was amazing to watch but unforatnlty in hindsight did not reflect the show as a whole, well. I was always interested in it but never had the time or the attention span until after college and internship.. It wasnt until it hit the DVDs that I immeidatly picked it up thisrting for anything other than reality TV and having kicked myself for not appreciating good television when we had it. (I cant belive Im saying this but I would have paid double for it gladly) ..the depth of the show and the themes of it resonated something I missed for a long time...good writing..important themes..well written characters..good acting.. a good story arc..( of course ignoring the 3 seasons slight conflict with each other) it was a bright star and burned to shortly in television history Again just adding my 2 cents

As for episodes that everyone needs to see not just Millennium fans..I would have to say Luminary, (it has the least death toll..hehehehhe) Its one of my personal favorites

Copper

" What a long strange trip this has been"

As for episodes that everyone needs to see not just Millennium fans..I would have to say Luminary, (it has the least death toll..hehehehhe) Its one of my personal favorites

Copper

WOO-HOO! :swingin':

Guest Copper1234
WOO-HOO!  :swingin':

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could start qutoing that episode forever but wouldnt want to stray from the topic. ...

Cant help myself ..oh well..

"God doesnt move us by telling us the facts..he moves us by pains and contradictions....Hes given me a lack of understanding..not answers ..but questions........

an invitation to marvel..."

couldnt help the quote...again one of the many reasons the show left a legacy and with both the dialogue and the imagery how could you forget your first Millennium expireince.....??

Copper

My first Millennium experience was in the wee twilight hours, the graveyard slot on SciFi Uk, and I was by no means a committed viewer as I was very much in the grip of X-Files mania but I was intrigued enough to dip in and out as the season progressed. What gripped me, and has a lot to answer for, was the character of Lara Means, the woman who unraveled before our eyes and considering I was using the 'Files' as my reference point I was looking forward to the episode where she got better, the episode where the inevitable she spoke of so wearily didn't happen because she was saved at the last moment by some miraculous intervention from on high. The last time I saw Lara she was comatose and dangerously insane and I tuned in expectantly to Season Three to see the episode where her shackles were removed and she skipped, merrily, into the sunset only to find there would be no more reference to her and that we really had left her tied to a bed knowing she would never come back.

Compare this to the constant deaths and resurrections, metaphorically of course, of Mulder and Scully and I was quite literally stunned into submission. Here in a Chris Carter show the protagonists were not getting back up off the floor, tearing of their bullet proof vests, inserting their cancer curing microchips and marching off home for popcorn and movies: in this show, it seemed, that the dead did lie down. Add to this pessimistic appraisal the similarly, and far more final, end to Catherine and there was a sudden sense of finality and reality about Millennium that it's sister show did not have.

The rest I guess is history but the Season, and character, that spurred my interest all those moons ago still remain my favourites but thankfully I found that Millennium in it's entirety was a breathtaking work of art.

I always feel guilty that I discovered it too late, in all honesty one more viewer in the UK would have had no sway on the decision to axe it, but I know I am not the only Phile who only gave the show it's due respect after the death knell had sounded and I know we dream of a Millennium return but I guess, like Lara and Catherine, the end really was the end and it's up to us to look after it. As Jordan said, we are all shepherds now.

eth.snafu

Guest zombieromero

Yeah Luminary was an awesome episode and still stands up to today's standards, I could watch it 24/7!

I don't think anything will take Millennium from being my number one television show. I can't put it in words but it just has so many charms that just reel me in everytime.

Any more experiences?

Guest Frank L.

The pilot was the first episode of MillenniuM I saw (thankfully), and I thought it was scary and intense. After the teaser I found myself gasping for breath in the opening credits. What a hell of a way to start a show (and a fascination!)