Did You Like It?

Rate this topic

Guest A Stranger

Did you Like MLM: Apocaplyse premiere?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Seraphim

Hi Seraphim,

The comic-thang I mentioned is an intention myself and Barry Renshaw have shared for some time. We have expressed interest in bringing a series of webisodes (i.e. comic pages) to Millennium fans that will collect in to one story. We dabbled with this idea some time ago but despite Baz being an artist by trade I am no writer and I was firmly convinced that someone else would make a better job of it than me. Since that time my original vision has grown a little loftier and I wanted to make it an 'event' with supplementary material in the form of a making of video, behind the scenes interviews and a a viral marketing campaign. The project would be compiled out of good will and distributed free and gratis but in this abyss of Millennium content I wanted to give fans of the show a little something to get excited about. If you have any thoughts on this or are interested in lending your considerable talent to the project let me know.

On the issue of MM: Apocalypse. I would love the opportunity to hear from other contributors to the project and I know you spoke of Melissa, would you be in a position to contact her and ask if she would be willing to drop in and share her thoughts or would you like me to try?

Warm wishes,

Mark

In regards to the comic, I am willing to discuss the prospect with you further. In other words, I am interested and would like to discuss the situation further. Such as ideas on what to do with it and so forth. If I know more about the project (Plans, ideas, outline of the project as a whole) I will better be able to see what I can do to help.

I can indeed contact Melissa and ask her if she would be interest in talking about MA. Was there anything in particular you wanted me to ask her?

Thank you so much for agreeing to pass on my request to Melissa, I am very grateful. I am simply looking for people who were involved in the project to appraise it. I'm particularly interested in their work as writers, what the original vision for the scripts was, the difficulties they encountered working on it, how successful they think their work was in hindsight and so on.

I'm also really interested in anyone who has unreleased material from that time whether that be scenes cut from the scripts, banners, artwork and so on. As Apocalypse moved from its episodic format to the DVD format it lost some of its original charm (IMHO) and I particularly enjoy the original website and its content. It would be nice if newer fans of Millennium could be privy to what we were at the time it was released (If that makes sense). To be truthful, anything that showcases the work (even a simple look-back on the part of one of the writers) will surely be of interest to fans of Millennium and those considering projects of their own of this kind.

My thanks for being so receptive,

Eth

PS I will put together a more formal breakdown of the 'comic' idea and get it to you tomorrow and thank your for considering taking a look at my ideas. :thumbsup:

Guest Seraphim

Melissa handles pretty much all, or at least most, of the promo work such as images. So, she may have some stuff to offer. Her job description was "Gopher". I also would send her scripts to review. :grinning: I will ask her if she would be interested in talking about her work on it.

Thank you Seraphim that is truly appreciated. I have started putting together some ideas for the comic but it may take me a little longer than expected so I'll try and get it to you tomorrow.

I'm also thinking of starting a poll, just to see how many folk have actually seen Millennium: Apocalypse. I have a feeling that it's not as widely known amongst new fans and I'd very much like to see that trend reversed.

Eth

Guest Seraphim

I was wondering if there was any interest in me posting the original scripts for the MA episodes I wrote? I would suggest for people to read the script and then watch the completed episode (or vice-versa) so as to see how the two differed and were the same.

Seraphim, that is a superb suggestion and pretty much what I was hoping someone would suggest. I know there were differences between what was written and what was filmed and if I recall rightly, people did feel quite passionate about the versions they had originally committed to paper and for that reason I have always been curious as to what was in the scripts that couldn't be realised at the time.

If you could share these with the folk here that would be superb and I think we could make a note of it in the staff blog as well and that way it would feature at M-TIWWA as well (I think). I look forward to seeing what you have for us.

Eth

Guest Seraphim

Is there a preferred type of text format that the scripts should be uploaded? I will likely do so as .doc files, unless anyone indicates otherwise. I will post one script at a time and will include the original and first re-writes.

Guest Seraphim

Okay, here is the script for MillenniuM Apocalypse Episode 7 "Massah". Massah is a location the Israelites passed through after their departure from Egypt. The word means "testing" and was applied to this location as Moses admonished the people's arguing with him over their complaining that YHWH has not provided them with water. The Hebrew meaning of the word was chosen as this episode sees Jordan Black encountering an important test as to her resistance towards those who would use and lead her astray. As a bonus, besides the original script, I am including the re-write that was necessitated due to issues with one of the actors. Any questions or comment in regards to the story, dialogue, or episode quotes is welcome. I must say that the quotes are one of the things I most missed in the movie version.

*NOTE* I have decided to upload the documents in Rich text Format (rtf). The best way to view these is through WordPad. If you are having trouble viewing the files, do let me know and I will see about posting alternate formats.

MA x07 Massah.rtf

MA x07 Massah Revision.rtf

Guest WaveCrest

My memory of watching Millennium Apocalypse in it's original episode format is both rusty and vivid. I remember watching the episodes back when they were posted on the website. I looked forward to each new installment as I was really enjoying the story, the filming style, the locations and the presentation. The title sequence and theme tune I really liked, especially the title sequence. It, like the episodes were I think shot on digital cameras (correct me if I'm wrong, but they had that appearance), and was made up of several static or slightly moving location shots. One or two reminded me of the FMV (full motion video) computer game Mad Dog McCree, shots of the ground and scenery.

I posted my comments on the episodes and Millennium Apocalypse-related stuff on the website's forum. Unfortunately later on they were having problems with spam being scattered across the forum. I don't know whether Jason closed the forum and website down, but I stopped posting on there. This was at the time when work was starting on Hell House, which would get a sub-title "Book of Samuel". I think the same problem with spam may have happened on the Hell House website's forum as well (was there a forum on the website for Hell House?).

If it wasn't for Millennium Apocalypse I wouldn't have discovered Digital Shadow Films, who were involved in the making of Millennium Apocalypse. I wouldn't have known about another film, called Haunting Villisca, which DSF I think have distributed or produced. If this is incorrect I'll delete it from this post. But DSF are mentioned on the back of the DVD box for Haunting Villisca.

Any insight into the making of Millennium Apocalypse is most welcome as I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent on the website and forum, checking for new info on the project and watching the episodes, and checking for updates on TIWWA's forum in the folder/thread for the film project.