"You know you've watched too much X Files when..."

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek

Ah yes...

If, engraved on the front of your Senior yearbook under your name, is "THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE", even though it cost a bit more to get it put there.

On separate occasions, friends of you bet you money that you won't be able to go an hour and a half without talking about the show in some way.  Because you're so desperate for money, you manage it, but not without having bitten your tongue many a time.

Guest LauraKrycek

This is more of a story than a sign of addiction... but my freshman year here, I met a guy named David at a convocation here at which Ralph Nader was speaking.  We met somehow at a reception afterwards, and just began talking (my then-friend later-roommate Brittany was there as well), and for some reason I mentioned that I went to elementary school with the actor Brad Renfro.  He replied "Brad Renfro... is that the kid in the X-Files movie?"  I quickly replied "No, that's Lucas Black", and started to continue, and then stopped with a start.  Someone had mentioned XF, not me, and didn't even know I liked the show!  So I said, tentatively, "Do you like X-Files?" and he replied even more tentatively "Um... do you like X-Files?"  Turned out he did and was afraid I was asking him b\c I didn't.  But it weirded me out.  Then he told me I looked like Scully, and I told him his name reminded me of David Duchovny.  Good times, good times... of course, I realized right away that he must be pretty freaky to be an X-Phile, which I later discovered was pretty true.

You know you're an X-Phile when you can tell just by knowing that someone's crazy about the show that they must have that same weird thing going on in their head that makes them need to obsess over a show.  In other words, "Takes one to know one."

Guest Polaroid Stalker

"You know you've watched too much X Files when..."

1. You check your morning paper for audio cassettes from X.

2. You refuse to eat chicken for months.

3. You insist to the landlord that you must live in apartment 42.

4. You nearly pass out in fear when you hear a car driving down the street playing Johnny Mathis's "Wonderful! Wonderful!"

5. You search for the "Jeopardy" episode with David Duchovny in it.

6. Someone mentions pie and you yell, "Banana cream! Definitely banana cream!"

7. You audition for the lead role in "Macbeth" by spouting out Deep Throat's death scene, "Trust... no one."

Guest LauraKrycek
4. You nearly pass out in fear when you hear a car driving down the street playing Johnny Mathis's "Wonderful! Wonderful!"

Ah yes... in high school, my mother would wake me up every morning by playing some song loudly on my CD player and hiding my remote.  The one morning that I shot out of bed was the morning on which I discovered that she had Johnny Mathis' Greatest Hits and, for whatever reason (not knowing about my intense fear of the song and hyperventilation whenever it would come on), decided to play that that morning.  I overreacted, but it was like, freakout!  Yeah... I'm a wuss.

Guest LauraKrycek

Oh, missed this:

7. You audition for the lead role in "Macbeth" by spouting out Deep Throat's death scene, "Trust... no one."

Yeah, I think I said it somewhere before, but I've used XF monologues twice for auditions (well, once for a workshop).  I always wanted to use Catherine's "I've always thought of Frank as a catcher in the rye" speech for one, too, but haven't yet had the chance.

And also... your favorite gift ever?  A Lone Gunmen shirt for Christmas years ago.  It's still your favorite item of clothing, though you never wear it because of fear of wearing it out.  Wear the Mulder and Scully one instead.  However, you nearly kill one of your friends on a rare occasion on which you do wear one of these shirts, and he promptly spills beer all over it.   :angryred:  :angry:  :angry_steaming_big: