"You know you've watched too much X Files when..."

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
You know you've watched too much X Files when.....

You have the overwhelming urge to put tape in your front window, in the shape of an X, just to see who shows up!

Erin, gosh!  You just have a secret scrapbook of all the things I've done and forgotten, don't you?

Yep, that was freshman year of college.  One of the first things I did when I moved in.  No one ever said a word about it.  Bummer.

Oh, I also did it last year, too, but also got nothing.  I had other stuff on my window, like inspiring MM quotes and everything that I could read as I watched the sunset (my window pointed due west; lovely evenings).  I lived in the basement (hah) my freshman year, so you'd think someone would've bitten, but no; last year, it was 2st floor (which, from my window, was 2nd, but from the front of the building, was 1st... wonky building, three stories from the back, 2 from the front), so it wouldn't be as easily seen anyway.

Guest LauraKrycek

Ah, Scott's reply in the Too Much MM forum about wanting Frank's coat sparked something else.

For years, I've been searching for the perfect Scully cross necklace.  Finally, last week, I saw THE perfect one in a store!  24k gold, and not a price listed.  Plus, I had like five bucks with me.  Can you say "devastated"?  Hopefully, I can find it again, though.  I'd go and look this Friday night, but no, I met the wonderful famous incredibly talented and SO good-looking (but MARRIED argh) composer Eric Whitacre tonight, and he asked my choir director and some of us in the choir to "hang" with him on Friday night!  How awesome is that?!?  He's only like 32 and he's one of the most respected and talented edgy composers out there.  Just watch the intro on the website for his upcoming techno opera, Paradise Lost...

Okay, sorry, sorry, totally out of place.  I'm just so totally stoked!

Guest LauraKrycek
You listen to Eric Whitacre music for like 2 1/2 hours on his website, and what you think over and over again is "Get him together with Mark Snow and make them compose music for the next XF movie and either for the MM movie or about MM!"  The dark chords, the delicate power... just reminds me of the power in some of the stories.  Like listening to the few really slow, strong songs on "Songs in the Key of X", only with a lot more of them and not the wacky ones inbetween (not that Whitacre's not wacky; take a listen).