"You know you've watched too much X Files when..."

Rate this topic

Guest LauraKrycek
..when you spot and recognize Mimi Rogers during this week's episode of Las Vegas.

And hiss evilly at her and quickly change when you recognize her, I hope! :angryred:

Guest LauraKrycek

You just love hissing at Mimi Rogers, Laura.  Don't ya?

Hey, I wish I didn't have to, but when faced with my demons, I do my best to exorcise them. :devil01:  :angryred:

Hey, I wish I didn't have to, but when faced with my demons, I do my best to exorcise them. :devil01:  :angryred:

Then again, don't actors vent anyway?   No offense.  

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S. What would you do if you had a chance to act with Lance henrikson?

Guest LauraKrycek
Then again, don't actors vent anyway?   No offense.  

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

P.S. What would you do if you had a chance to act with Lance henrikson?

I don't get exactly what you mean by that statement.  Rephrase!

And geez... first, I'd plotz.  Second, I'd kill myself doing the best job possible, just like I'll be doing for Richard III this spring.  Then I would ask him the same question that my favorite professor Deborah asked James Earl Jones when she got the amazing chance to meet him while she was in grad school:

"Could you please just say my name?"

What I mean, Laura, is that some actors release tension while preparing for a role and while doing it (or find a way to release tension when they're not acting)  Sometiems acting is carthartic and sometimes it is draining.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who needs to see Laura act one of these days)

Guest LauraKrycek
What I mean, Laura, is that some actors release tension while preparing for a role and while doing it (or find a way to release tension when they're not acting)  Sometiems acting is carthartic and sometimes it is draining.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who needs to see Laura act one of these days)

Actually, a lot of people that I know act off of their tension.  It helps with intensity, that's for sure.  When I was playing Miep, every night before I came on for the invasion scene, I would dance around backstage and make myself hyperventilate so that I would be sufficiently out of breath (like I'd been running) and giddy-seeming.  Depending on what I'm doing at the time, it can either make me feel great when it's over or feel like I'm going to faint.  When I was in "She Stoops to Conquer", I had this one scene that every night, as soon as it was over, I wanted to pass out.  But every role\scene has some difference.

And if they tape "Richard III" (I really really hope they do), I'll probably be willing to make copies of that.  I've got nothing on tape that I'm proud of right now.