"You know you've watched too much X Files when..."

Rate this topic

Voidprime,  good catch, bro!!!  Are there any former 1013 writers/producers/directors on that show?  From the ads, I can totally see a little hint of XFs/CSM coming in there!  That would be a cool crossover, eh?!

Laura, Okay, first of all, just listen to the intro, imagining Paradise Lost as a techno-opera... and the music!!!  WOW! in a word Wow!  Well, first of all, the just the very idea and existence of techno-opera!  Very cool!  Okay... a post-modern Paradise Lost... just wickedly cool!

Okay, I must here more of this composer!  And way too far out that you will be "hanging out" with him Friday!  Excellent!

And, yes you have my vote for him as the co-composer for the MLM Movie Soundtrack!!!

Okay, Laura and David... we are true Millennium dwellers... posting between 1:45 and 2:20 in the morning...  Why are you too up so late, anyway?!!!   :laugh_big:

I have another one...

You know you've been watching too much XFs when, the Assistant Vice Pres (that no one trusted) - at the office where you work - buys a box of chocolates for everyone at the office to share...

And in response you send inter office email to your co-workers, containing the quote and wav file of CSM's "Life is like a box of chocolates" quote!

:laugh_big:

Guest LauraKrycek
Okay, I must here more of this composer!  And way too far out that you will be "hanging out" with him Friday!  Excellent!

Okay, Laura and David... we are true Millennium dwellers... posting between 1:45 and 2:20 in the morning...  Why are you too up so late, anyway?!!!   :laugh_big:

I'm so excited about seeing him again!  A whole concert of his music, and then hanging out... I'm on cloud 9.  Or, rather, 8 1/2... it'd be 9 if he wasn't married.   :makingeyes:  :tongue:

And I'm up so late because homework calls.  Alas, alack... and posting inbetween chapters and such (Freudian slip: typed "suck") helps me stay awake.

And one last XF thing before bed (well, 2):

Just as you think you've posted your last weird XF thing you do, you remember another one.

You've posted so many times in a row in the XF forum that you stop posting for fear of weirding others out.

Guest Second Coming

1. You're wife get's her hair cut and colored just like Scully, because she thinks you will like her better.

haha, That actually happened. Although I don't think she did it entirely on purpose. I had just got one of the X-files sets and had been watching a couple of episodes a day for like 2 weeks straight. And she came home and her hair looked just like Scully's. hahaha, I said "Um....I'm not going to like you better because your hair looks like Scully's now." and she said "what do you mean?" So i picked up one of the dvd sets and showed her and her jaw dropped. haha That was funny. It must have been a subconscious thing.

Guest Polaroid Stalker

1. You refuse to go on the family camping trip when your father says it will be a "nice trip to the forest".

2. You know that the SAT scores were fixed because you swear you saw a Morley next to the test papers.

3. You had breakfast with the guy that shot John F. Kennedy.

4. You refuse to take phone calls (or e-mails) when X-Files is on.

5. The people where they sell X-Files merchandise know you by name and tell you, "The new X-Files videos are in the back."

1. You're wife get's her hair cut and colored just like Scully, because she thinks you will like her better.

haha, That actually happened. Although I don't think she did it entirely on purpose. I had just got one of the X-files sets and had been watching a couple of episodes a day for like 2 weeks straight. And she came home and her hair looked just like Scully's. hahaha, I said "Um....I'm not going to like you better because your hair looks like Scully's now." and she said "what do you mean?" So i picked up one of the dvd sets and showed her and her jaw dropped. haha That was funny. It must have been a subconscious thing.

I almost did that myself... but, so many people who know me said....NOOOOOOOO :no_big: ... since my long, blonde hair is such a trademark, so I had to give up that idea.  Congrats that your wife had the nerve! :thumbsup_big:

Guest LauraKrycek

When on a camping trip that ends up in DC, you convince those with you to wait 2 hours in line for the FBI tour.  It's only when you get ready to go that morning that they discover that hidden deep down in your suitcase for 2 weeks has been your Scully suit; they discover it when you emerge from the tent wearing it.  Then they plead with you to at least take off the jacket.  However, at the end of the tour, you pose Scullylike in front of a very large FBI seal on the wall and make them take lots of pictures.  They are one of your prized possessions.

While on same trip, in Massachusetts, your mother sees a sign for a nearby town and says "How do you pronounce THAT?"  You look over (being good at sounding things out) and freak out when you realize the sign says "Quonochontaug"!  You make them drive to the only place that you can find with a town sign and take pictures there as well.