Spin off showcase

Rate this topic

Guest Jordan

Well, I'd just like to throw my opinion in here (again), in response to some of this.

I watched the show from the start.  I caught every episode on its first air in the UK, and I don't fit into se7en's pattern: I like Season 2 the most.

In fact, I believe that Season 2 is the greatest television season.  Ever.

Of course, Season 3 didn't initially air in the UK, much to my chagrin, but in 1999, I moved to the US and caught S3 episodes on FX.  :)

So I'd waited years for Season 3, but I had a vivid recollection of S2.  (Plus, thank God, when I realised that FX were airing Millennium, "Somehow, Satan got Behind Me" was just rolling around, so I got a nice refresher).

I was disappointed with the Season 3 premiere, for the reasons that I stated above.  Don't get me wrong - I don't dislike Season 3.  I like all the seasons, in their own way - Millennium always was one of the most intelligent and creative shows on TV; But the third season premiere was flawed, despite many positive aspects.  The season, as a whole, was uneven, and amongst flashes of brilliance ("Borrowed Time", "The Sound of Snow", "Seven and One", "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury"), there were some distinctly average ("Matryoshka") and damnright god awful ("Human Essence") episodes.

Thankfully the great more than made up for the bad, but as I stated earlier, there were other ways to lead in the season.

Oh, and I loved "The Fourth Horseman" and "The Time is Now" from Season 2.

I know that I'm not entirely alone in my appraisal.  A good friend of mine is presently stationed in Afghanistan.  To help keep him sane, I've been keeping him furnished with a consistant supply of television to watch, with some new shows and lots of stuff from "The archives".  Anyway, I asked him if he'd ever seen Millennium, and he hadn't.  So I dutifully duplicated the SVCDs of the first season and sent them to him.  He was impressed - he enjoyed the show, although some episodes more than others.  I've since sent the second season, and he's watched all the episodes, up to and including "A Room with No View".  He too, prefers the second season.  When asked for comment, he summed it up with "It rules".

:thankx-big:JRC!  

I, too, am totaly sold in season 2!  My favorites are Luminary, A Room With No View, Somehow, Satin Got Behind Me, The Curse of Frank Black, Midnight of the Century, Beware of the Dog...... are you getting the picture? :laugh_big:

But, I'm still looking forward to the arrival of Se7enand1's DVD-Rs of Season 3, so I can try to remember it better.  It's been a while.....

:thankx-big:JRC!  

I, too, am totaly sold in season 2!  My favorites are Luminary, A Room With No View, Somehow, Satin Got Behind Me, The Curse of Frank Black, Midnight of the Century, Beware of the Dog...... are you getting the picture? :laugh_big:

But, I'm still looking forward to the arrival of Se7enand1's DVD-Rs of Season 3, so I can try to remember it better.  It's been a while.....

Yes, yes, yes.  :)

All fantastic episodes...  most of them in my all time favourites.  (Luminary, particularly.  That's my favourite TV episode...)

Guest LauraKrycek

Season 2 is my favorite, too.  However, I started watching most of the way through season 3 and saw a couple of episodes from that season, but wasn't sold on the show.  However, I wanted to watch more, because I was such a huge XF fan and figured that something from the same writers had to be good.  So I started watching when it was on FX and was intrigued, but it wasn't until I saw "Monster" that I suddenly realized the incredible depth of the show.  It was with that that the show won my heart.

My faves from s2:

"Beware of the Dog"

"Monster"

"The Curse of Frank Black"

"Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense"

"Midnight of the Century"

"Goodbye Charlie"

"Luminary"

"The Mikado"

"Siren"

"In Arcadia Ego"

"Anamnesis"

"A Room With No View"

"Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me"

Too many, I think, to justify like I did with s3.  But you can see from the sheer volume that I liked it a lot.  There were a couple of episodes that I don't like to watch at all, but such a different number that it's not worth it to think about it.  I even loved "Fourth Horseman\Time is Now", though they aren't listed there -- they just made me too sad to list them.  And no, Dave, this isn't an invitation for a bashing!   :no_big:  :plaster_big:  :grin2:

Guest A Stranger

I've only seen "Seven and One" once on it's first airing, it's one of the few I don't have taped, so sorry for the mistake. And yeah, I've read about Carter's regrets about letting the show get away from him and was expecting him to come more on board in season three than what he did is what I was getting at in my last post. He wrote some of the best of that year but only three and they really stood alone or outside of everything else. Carter never really seemed interested in the Group (maybe this was his biggest regret?). I like season three and respect your opinion, Seven but I'm in the camp with JRC. Too uneven and maybe lacking quality, just a little.

I also wasn't a big fan of all the science fiction in season three either which made the Group a little two "X-fileish." But enough complaining.  :wink_big:

Perfect season three episodes:

"Through a Glass, Darkly" (One of my top 5 of the series for sure)

"Borrowed Time" (This is an amzing episode. This one with "TAG,D" encapislates what I love about MM)

"Skull and Bones" (The best Group episode of S3)

"Nostalgia" (highly underated by the MM fanbase! A flawless episode)

Almost Perfect:

"TEOTWAWKI" (It's just a little too contrived.)

"Goodbye to all That" (A little lacking for a series finale and my aforementioned gripes about the new evil Group but tha's all)

"Omerta" (If they would have just not made them nymphs

:plain_big: but I love the "feminine engergy" and it's really sad and touching seeing Jordan and Frank alone on X-Mas like this)

"Anitpas" (Motifs or cliches?)

"Collateral Damage" (The Group or the Syndicate?)

"The Sound of Snow"

"Darwin's Eye"

"Omerta" (If they would have just not made them nymphs

but I love the "feminine engergy" and it's really sad and touching seeing Jordan and Frank alone on X-Mas like this)

Lhasa and Rose were COOL!  And, that's a version of my favorite piece of classical music in the background....Pachellbell's "Canon".

Guest LauraKrycek

Lhasa and Rose were COOL!  And, that's a version of my favorite piece of classical music in the background....Pachellbell's "Canon".

I *adore* Omerta, even though some people don't like it, for some reason.  And I also love Lhasa and Rose -- I think they're wonderful.  And anytime I see Eddie on anything, I have to yell "Ed-die!" in that halting way like they do.

I *adore* Omerta, even though some people don't like it, for some reason.  And I also love Lhasa and Rose -- I think they're wonderful.  And anytime I see Eddie on anything, I have to yell "Ed-die!" in that halting way like they do.

:hug03:  :hug03:LAURA!!!! :hug03:  :hug03:

Season 2 is my favorite, too.  However, I started watching most of the way through season 3 and saw a couple of episodes from that season, but wasn't sold on the show.  However, I wanted to watch more, because I was such a huge XF fan and figured that something from the same writers had to be good.  So I started watching when it was on FX and was intrigued, but it wasn't until I saw "Monster" that I suddenly realized the incredible depth of the show.  It was with that that the show won my heart.

My faves from s2:

"Beware of the Dog"

"Monster"

"The Curse of Frank Black"

"Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense"

"Midnight of the Century"

"Goodbye Charlie"

"Luminary"

"The Mikado"

"Siren"

"In Arcadia Ego"

"Anamnesis"

"A Room With No View"

"Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me"

Too many, I think, to justify like I did with s3.  But you can see from the sheer volume that I liked it a lot.  There were a couple of episodes that I don't like to watch at all, but such a different number that it's not worth it to think about it.  I even loved "Fourth Horseman\Time is Now", though they aren't listed there -- they just made me too sad to list them.  And no, Dave, this isn't an invitation for a bashing!   :no_big:  :plaster_big:  :grin2:

these are the eps from S2 i LOVE-(many others i just liked,we all know how i feel about the ending eps! :p )

1)-"THE BEGINNING AND THE END"

2)-"BEWARE OF THE DOG"

3)-"MONSTER"-(AN AWKWARD START FOR THE LARA MEANS CHARACTER BUT LOOOOVED THE WHOLE STORY,TOP TO BOTTOM)

4)-"THE CURSE OF FRANK BLACK"-(for me this is M&W's final coherant masterwork. f***ing brilliant! watched this one almost as many times as "seven and one")

5)-"jose chung's...."

6)-"LUMINARY"-(NUFF SAID)

7)-MIDNIGHT OF THE CENTURY"-(LEAPS AND BOUNDS BETTER THAN THE JUST O.K. "OMERTA"....HATED THAT DAMN "OPERA MUSIC-THINGY" MARK SNOW PUT IN OMERTA)

8)-THE MIKADO-("THE" BEST THING THAT MICHAEL R. PERRY HAS EVER WRITEN,INCCLUDING HIS "SVU" SCRIPTS)

9)-"19:19"-(DUNNO WHY,JUST LOVE IT)

10)-"IN ARCADIA EGO"

11)-"THE PEST HOUSE"-(JUST GOOD CLICHED FUN!)

12)-"A ROOM WITH NO VIEW"-(WHAT,ONLY 1-APPEARENCE FROM THE GRAND DAME? :crying_big: )

..i wanted sooo bad to include "SAINT SEBASTIAN" but i HATE the way M&W "all of sudden" turns Andrew's character into a bad guy-(well,woman) i just found it ridiculous and totally unbeleivable based on her character's actions during S1

......many other i liked but found flaws in-(goodbye charlie,sense and antsense,etc.)

...really there are only,i think,4-5-eps from S2 that actively do not like.-(though i watch them anyway when we do our annual "FULL-RUN VIEWING" STARTING EVERY MAY.)

:santa:  :santa:  :santa:

se7en :ouro: