FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

Hi Joe,

You're right poor Barry was killed but I believe that 'Peter Outerbridge' has been cast in a new role in the movie and that that is what Carter meant when he said we would see a familiar face from Millennium.

I've tried to find the origins of this, am I right in thinking Libby brought Peter's casting to our attention or have I been on the magic mushrooms again...

Puzzled,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm sorry to report this.

Here's an article from IGN on NY Comic Con; Carter and Spotnitz talk about the sequel:

https://movies.ign.com/articles/867/867982p1.html

A fragment from the article:

The pair indicated that Frank Black, the main character of the show Millenium, would not make an appearance in the film. "I wish I could tell you yes but I have to tell you no," said Carter. "That being said I would love to work with Lance [Henriksen] and I talk to him about it all of the time.

Hi Darkie,

Well at least we know from the horses mouth. I think we 'pretty much 'knew' he wouldn't be making an appearance but optimism and rumours kept the flame burning despite earlier indications that this was not so.

Still it does read that 'Millennium' is a still an option and I guess that's really what we want to see.

Smiles,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Still it does read that 'Millennium' is a still an option and I guess that's really what we want to see.

Smiles,

Eth

Agreed!

I guess we just keep the homefires burning for Frank a little longer.

Smiles,

Eth

Actually I just read the transcript again and Spotnitz states that the movie franchise will probably not continue given that they don't think "the stars would return and they wouldn’t want to do it without them."

I think that makes Frank's return look like only a matter of time now. My fear was always that a runaway success and further movies would push a Millennium project onto the back burner.

Getting giddy, again :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jim McLean
I guess we just keep the homefires burning for Frank a little longer.

Smiles,

Eth

Actually I just read the transcript again and Spotnitz states that the movie franchise will probably not continue given that they don't think "the stars would return and they wouldn’t want to do it without them."

I think that makes Frank's return look like only a matter of time now. My fear was always that a runaway success and further movies would push a Millennium project onto the back burner.

Getting giddy, again :)

With my fresh mug of green tea, may I toast that prospect!

Laredo! Blimey are you a sight for sore eyes :)

I was thinking over Millennium's return in the wee hours and kept on considering how much more difficult it would be to do than an X-Files update. I do still wonder how they would choose to depict the Black family after all these years given that Frank and Jordan's relationship hinged on the child/adult dynamic and Brittanny is now an adult herself. Whilst I understand that the Virtual Season writers have had no choice but to age Jordan I find her 'college years' relationship with her Father far less compelling. If they did a 'reboot' which seems to be Carter's mused intention I guess there is no reason why Jordan could not be cast with a younger actress and Catherine be ressurrected but I'm not sure I could take to another Jordan or whether Carter was ever fond enough of Catherine to feature her in the big screen adaptation anyway.

Does anyone think, like I do, that to get this done and get it done well a sooner rather than later approach is required? Given that Lance is approaching 70 the window of opportunity to make a plausible story grows ever smaller.

Very best wishes my friend,

Eth (

Guest Jim McLean
Laredo! Blimey are you a sight for sore eyes :)

I was thinking over Millennium's return in the wee hours and kept on considering how much more difficult it would be to do than an X-Files update. I do still wonder how they would choose to depict the Black family after all these years given that Frank and Jordan's relationship hinged on the child/adult dynamic and Brittanny is now an adult herself. Whilst I understand that the Virtual Season writers have had no choice but to age Jordan I find her 'college years' relationship with her Father far less compelling. If they did a 'reboot' which seems to be Carter's mused intention I guess there is no reason why Jordan could not be cast with a younger actress and Catherine be ressurrected but I'm not sure I could take to another Jordan or whether Carter was ever fond enough of Catherine to feature her in the big screen adaptation anyway.

Does anyone think, like I do, that to get this done and get it done well a sooner rather than later approach is required? Given that Lance is approaching 70 the window of opportunity to make a plausible story grows ever smaller.

Very best wishes my friend,

Eth (

I think the make or break in a relationship between Frank and Jordan - with the latter being a teenager - would be to create a dynamic that doesn't fall into the dysfunctional relationship. It's been done so many times before and not all teenagers go through this stage, or move so readily away from their parental bonds. In fact, it would probably more plausible that a girl who has suffered so much and has had so much threat focused on her and her father, the bond would be very strong indeed.

How Frank and Jordan would be written with Jordan as a teen would very much make or break a return of the pair, and I think they key would be not forsake the strength of the dynamic for easy - and far to frequently played - family dramatics.