FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

Guest Box of Clocks

It would definitely be interesting to see Lance in the new X-Files movie in some capacity whether it be playing Frank Black or doing something else. With it being a good while though since the end of the X Files and Millennium I worry that the actors, in particular Lance, may look too old. I don't mean that in a mean or insulting way but Lance looked noticeably older in Millennium season three than he did in season one so it would be even more apparent now.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else seen this new entry in Wikipedia?

"On 2 March 2008, Lance Henriksen was asked at the Scandinavian SciFi Convention about the future of Millennium. He answered that what he had heard from Chris Carter, Carters next project after the Untitled X-Files sequel would indeed be the Millennium motion picture."

Do we know anyone who was there to verify this?

Hi gang,

Something caught my eye today whilst reading a transcript of the Carter/Duchovny/Anderson Q&A at Wondercon. Now I grant you it was done in the most throw-away fashion but Carter indicated that he would like to continue with the X-Files movie franchise as soon as the current movie is finished. Sadly no mention of the Millennium Movie but it certainly seems we're gonna see a whole lot more of Mulder of Scully.

Interestingly when Lance hinted at his (ahem) role in XF2 the Internet was full of speculation but this time around his comments aren't receiving half as much attention, might be a case of once bitten twice shy methinks.

Smiles,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Interestingly when Lance hinted at his (ahem) role in XF2 the Internet was full of speculation but this time around his comments aren't receiving half as much attention, might be a case of once bitten twice shy methinks.

Smiles,

Eth

What did he actually say about the XF2 movie? Here's what Baz wrote back then:

"(...) he said Chris Carter had asked him not to discuss it with fans if asked if Frank was in it... and from the grin on his face as he said "can you guess why?" It looks likely we will finally see Mr Noir on the big screen, even if it is as a supporting character in another film."

IMHO, he might have hinted at a possible MM movie as well, regarding the things he said to Anders last weekend. And yes, all this is speculation only, we can't know for sure yet.

Oh bugger,

I realise now I didn't post in the thread The Old Man specified, sorry, but since I have already transgressed I will just pick up Darkies point so I dont appear ignorant......

Chris Carter had asked him not to discuss it with fans if asked if Frank was in it... and from the grin on his face as he said "can you guess why?"

Yup that's pretty much what he said. As I recall there were a few 'whoops' and 'cheers' from sections of the audience as the penny dropped *plink* that Lance was pretty much indicating that he was either in it or in talks to be in it.

If I seem a little hesitant or even grouchy regarding his latest comments please forgive me but I left the convention absolutely glowing, a truly, truly happy little Eth and I cannot reconcile why he lead fans to believe he had a role in a film when he didn't.

Oh well may the Good Spirit let this one be true...

Smiles

Eth

Oh bugger,

I realise now I didn't post in the thread The Old Man specified, sorry, but since I have already transgressed I will just pick up Darkies point so I dont appear ignorant......

Yup that's pretty much what he said. As I recall there were a few 'whoops' and 'cheers' from sections of the audience as the penny dropped *plink* that Lance was pretty much indicating that he was either in it or in talks to be in it.

If I seem a little hesitant or even grouchy regarding his latest comments please forgive me but I left the convention absolutely glowing, a truly, truly happy little Eth and I cannot reconcile why he lead fans to believe he had a role in a film when he didn't.

Oh well may the Good Spirit let this one be true...

Smiles

Eth

Its possible that at the time, Chris Carter was intending to include him in the XF2 but on the strength of the script, was able to secure the option to do a Millennium film, so it was rewritten. Its likely that the script or treatment is written for MM but the financial backers will want to be sure they get their profit out of XF2 before greenlighting another Carter project.

Thinking positive, a MM film is better than a Frank Black cameo!

BTW Eth we miss you on VS6!

Now here's where I display my untold ignorance of 'all' matters to do with film making :)

I believe it was Zeus (forgive me if I'm wrong), who has a much more expansive knowledge of these things than I, who noted that at that stage of development the XF2 script would have been completed and only minor tinkering, in the form of verbal direction from Carter, would take place thereon in (I do hope I have understood that correctly...)

As it was only mere months away from shooting and the film already in pre-production my guess would be that Lance KNEW whether he was in or out at that time but I acquiesce that this is all pie-in-the-sky.

And forgive my lack of VS6ishnesss Baz, work is like a sentence in Hell at the moment but as things are becoming a little more temperate I shall be back with you all later this evening.

Smiles,

Eth

Now here's where I display my untold ignorance of 'all' matters to do with film making :)

I believe it was Zeus (forgive me if I'm wrong), who has a much more expansive knowledge of these things than I, who noted that at that stage of development the XF2 script would have been completed and only minor tinkering, in the form of verbal direction from Carter, would take place thereon in (I do hope I have understood that correctly...)

As it was only mere months away from shooting and the film already in pre-production my guess would be that Lance KNEW whether he was in or out at that time but I acquiesce that this is all pie-in-the-sky.

And forgive my lack of VS6ishnesss Baz, work is like a sentence in Hell at the moment but as things are becoming a little more temperate I shall be back with you all later this evening.

Smiles,

Eth

Hi Eth

As it was the script was presumably finished before the writers strike, and shooting began shortly after the beginning of the strike, so yes any rewrites would have to have been verbal rather than handing out new script pages under WGA rules. But as we see from many films, even genre films, a script can change dramatically during the shoot, editing and post production stage, dropping subplots and entire sequences.

Its possible that the XF2 cameo implication was a bit of misdirection away from the MM film; either way, I'll just be happy to have anything MM related back on the screens!

cheers

baz

You know i kinda thought that Lance did a plug plus thowing a monkey-wrench in Chris Carters XF2. Carter probably put Lance up to do this to throw people off about what the movie is about and then in a roun-about way promoted himself along with a tease about a MM movie.