XF2: IWTB official promotion

Rate this topic

Dear Laran,

Could you translate for the idiots (moi) the wording on the poster I would be really grateful.

Also has there been any word on why Duchovny looks so decidedly odd on the posters? I believe it was wondered if DD had been unable to attend the photoshoot or something and I've always wondered what was behind the strange image as it honestly looks like it has been painted.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

Strange, the tagline was not on the poster when I first found it. Anyway, it says:

Are you ready to face the truth?

• Elders (Admins)

Hi.

I was nosing around WH Smiths today in my lunch break and noticed DD and GA lookiing at me from the cover of SFX magazine. There's a pull-out copy of this poster (in the original post) and the DD's face looks just as plasticy as it did in the online version. It looks awful.

There's a 3 or 4 page interview with CC and possibly FS in there too. Couldn't see any mention of Millennium though.

I'll try and find a website.

There ya go:

https://www.sfx.co.uk/

post-1-1213216894_thumb.jpg

I used to subscribe to SFX but, as Oro notes, the days of the internet meant that much of the content was freely available prior to me receiving the magazine. The sad thing, on this occasion, is the subscribers receive the cover without any wording or additional images and will simply get the M&S picture in all its glory.

That said my early SFX's are much cherished and as websites come and websites go they stand as a permanent snapshot of cult tv at the time.

Best wishes,

Eth

This was posted on XFilesNews.com -- and I'm quite shocked to read this. I mean, shocked in a good way.

1013 Built Into X-Files Movie Sequel Release

Written by Paul Crim

Saturday, 14 June 2008

An interesting tidbit about the fast approaching (highly anticipated) release of The X-Files sequel: If you're an X-Phile you're probably familiar with Chris Carter's production company 1013, and Carter's sporadic placement of references to this number in various X-Files episodes. If not, or if you need a refresh, The X-Files Wiki has a running list of the occurrences.

Since the movie is arriving 10 years after the original I figured if Chris had his way he'd release it 10 years and 13 days to the day of Fight the Future's release, and as Carter can, so Carter does.

Here's the math:

The X Files: Fight the Future release date: 6/19/1998

The X Files: I Want to Believe release date: 7/25/2008

# of days between: 3689

3689 divided by 365 (calendar days in a year) = 10.10

# of leap years between 1998 and 2008: 3 (2000, 2004, 2008)

10 years and 10 days + 3 extra days (1 from each leap year) = 10 years 13 days

Thanks, and see you on opening day!

Chris rocks. :)

Edited by Blackoil