XF2: IWTB official promotion

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Somebody just linked me to these new videos (not sure if viral marketing is the right word... but it's still some indirect and mysterious promotion):

Hi Laran,

I do like those a lot! Almost 'Lostish' in tone.

I was ploughing through the 'X-Files Ultimate' board today and the Trailer got a mixed reaction. Whilst it got a 'positive' in the polls the feedback seems to be that whilst it isn't incredibly exciting at least it's 'High Quality'. A fair few of the posters seem highly disappointed. As I'm the last person to fairly appraise the X-Files it is encouraging that you liked it so much.

A few of the guys over at the board seem fairly certain that it won't be the last trailer produced so here's hoping the disgruntled fans get what they are hoping for. It seems that some are dismayed by the fact that the crew and a camera can be seen in the trailer which I couldn't see but plenty of them could.

As you know people like me are following this purely for the impact XF2 will have on the possibility of a Millennium movie so I keep abreast for that reason alone.

Eth

EDIT I just found a board where the majority are loving it so I'm happy now (breathes sigh of relief as Frank still looks good to go lol)

Guest Laurent.

The final U.S. poster has been released and.... it's almost as bad as the unfinished polish version!! (thanks to X-Files Ultimate)

poster_05.jpg

Entertainment Tonight have also produced two videos on the movie, they possibly give away some minor spoilers so I won't link them here but they can be easily found on various fansites or youtube!

Guest Laurent.

"To find the truth, you must believe"

Seems to be the official tagline for the movie, it's also being used in the promotion at Cannes festival!

cannes-2008-26-1.jpg

Gillian is in Cannes right now and she's looking amazing in some kind of garbage bag wrapped around her (the guy to the right certainly thinks so anyway)!

90898_51950264gadd1960514200814747P.jpg

Laran, garbage bag lol :notworthy:

Gillian is beautiful there's absolutely no doubt about it.

I remember a fabulous interview with her on the 'Richard and Judy Show' where Richard could not keep his eyes off her. It was also amusing as she was big news in the UK for her Bafta nominated role in 'Bleak House' and Richard found her 'mock' English accent amusing. When she reminded him that she was brought up in England and was bullied in America due to her English accent he soon shut up and carried on looking at her cleavage, Girl Power I guess.

The Poster is still crap though and I seriously doubt the credentials of he or she who created it.

I'm not trying to be negative but given that ardent Philes are being derisive regarding the poster and the trailer it doesn't bode well with regards to enticing less committed members of the general public to view the film.

Does anyone know if this a low budget affair?

Best wishes,

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)
Check out this capture from the trailer- the parts in the boxed area is the crew.

What the ...? I can't believe this. Can they really be that sloppy?

Guest ZeusFaber
I'm not trying to be negative but given that ardent Philes are being derisive regarding the poster and the trailer it doesn't bode well with regards to enticing less committed members of the general public to view the film.

I haven't heard many fans deriding the trailer myself. Most seem to be very excited about it, while the only thing that could really be construed as "negative" would be comments that it was largely what we've seen before from the Paley screening, not that the trailer in and of itself is bad.

Does anyone know if this a low budget affair?

The budget is around $30-35 million, so compared with the $180-odd million of Indy 4, it's a relatively low budget.

is that a gun in Mulder's right hand?

Or is he just happy to see Scully? :bigsmile: