XF2: IWTB official promotion

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

That's good news! Although I was pleased to finally see some promotional work for the movie...They'll probably start marketing in the movie theaters with Indy IV or The Happening (looks good by the way) then on TV in June... that's not much but maybe they want to use the element of surprise for the old long-lost fans who are not yet aware that there is a new movie. It will hit the theaters while magazine are still talking about the show and the movie; so no one's going to forget before July 25th.

edit: I just caught this rumor on X-Files Ultimate, I guess we'll be fixed in a few days:

Here is the message from our X-Fu proudpom:

«I have some news! My friend works at a movie theatre in Arizona and he said they have the X-Files trailer! Apparently it will start showing this weekend but I don't know what movie. He has some snipped frames from it! He hasn't seen it though, he was just there when they were assembling the film.»

Guest Laurent.

Brand new news:

Warning:

The main article title suggests that there could be some spoilers in the text, so I did not read it myself

What is interesting is the comments added by the author afterward

Main Article

Comments:

Friday, 9 May 2008

Fox: The latest word from Fox Australia is that the X-Files trailer will screen in Oz cinemas "soon." We'll post an item on that as soon as we have a date. Meantime, an X-Files trailer will hit the internet next week-stay tuned for more info on that. By the way, Fox didn't pull the trailer; it was not scheduled to screen with Iron Man.

posted by Don

Thursday, 8 May 2008

Thanks Don! It was very disappointing the new X-FILES trailer was not premiered with IRON MAN. Word is, 20th Century Fox pulled the trailer at the last minute because its producers weren't happy with it containing the "spoiler." Just in today Thurdsday, is that the new film trailer has arrived in theatres throughout the United States, to begin showing over the weekend. Do we have an Australian release on this? Anything you can get from Fox in Sydney on this, is greatly appreciated.

posted by Fox

Guest ZeusFaber

XFilesNews.com reported on the novelization synopsis a while back. It doesn't contain many real spoilers, no more than one can surmise from the existing information on characters and such.

Guest Laurent.

For those who do not visit X-Files Ultimate:

Gia, one member of the marketing campaign for TXF2, sent us an e-mail with this:

There's an "online-only" X-files trailer being revealed on IGN.com starting Monday, May 12th, at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time.

Guest ZeusFaber

Presumably that matches with the countdown clock currently ticking down on the official website, www.xfiles.com.

Guest Laurent.

And I think it is awesome! I'm glad that it does not show anything more than what has been released previously. Plus the movie looks absolutely gorgeous in the high definition trailer! :clapping: