Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest Jim McLean

When I came about to proposing how we as a team run this campaign I was always cautious we never played for one end goal. I don't think it matters HOW he comes back. Personally, I believe, depending on Chris, Lance and Frank, a straight to DVD could be more cost-effective and easier to finance. Millennium isn't a show which demands special effects, so it could be run fairly cheaply for a studio.

Myself and Eth have been talking about audio plays. In the UK, Big Finish (and more recently, B7media) have been making money in audio plays continuing on UK franchises such as Doctor Who, Sapphire and Steel and Blake's 7 on CD using the original actors. They sell very well overseas. Millennium would play to the strength of audio being less about what you see as more what you don't.

So personally, I think there is a wealth of opportunity, but of course, how that translates into the industry, money and cast/crew.. who's to say?

BTW.. BacktoFrankBlack.com is now available to be read in Russian. The first of our site translations!

Personally, I believe, depending on Chris, Lance and Frank, a straight to DVD could be more cost-effective and easier to finance. Millennium isn't a show which demands special effects, so it could be run fairly cheaply for a studio.

Actually, that's exactly what I suggested to Chris Carter when I saw him for the XF:IWTB premiere: MM direct-to-DVD can be done with a modest budget. I felt like I was giving lessons to the expert, which was a bit clumsy :embarassed: , but it's certain that he has considered the possibility. Hopefully direct-to-DVD comes to be regarded less as a low-quality product and more of a respectable format of its own.

Ah, what did I get myself into... :embarassed:

Everything was going way too fast, I had maybe 10sec to see him. Concerning MM, I wrote the above on a paper I gave him, I don't know his reaction because he didn't read it right then (and no, he didn't throw it at the trash either); I preferred using my 10sec thanking him and talking X-Files. Sorry for the false alarm! At least we know for sure, be it from negociacions with FOX or from me or from other fans' suggestions for a direct-to-DVD XF3 to Frank, that the option is on the table.

Guest Jim McLean

and of course a mention on all the main Millennium orientated profiles at IMDB came through today, so that's good.

And Spanish translation of the website - that with Russian makes BacktoFrankBlack.com available in three languages.