Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest Jim McLean
"Back to Black" sounds great, although it sounds like a CD for a rock group. The picture would help a lot.

Yes, we'll need a pretty distinct and relevant image. We can be arty and make the image itself as part of the iconic image for the campaign by putting Frank in a slightly angled polaroid shot and have "Back to Black" written on the white, or we could do it tasteful and simple have an effective, legible font on black background with Frank's head cut into the black. One problem with the polaroid is the mainstream association with Memento would carry distracting weight compared to my intention of the Polaroid Man.

Something to consider as now we've got our name. Any graphic artists want to throw some ideas in while we wait for the forum?

I think "A Campaign for TV's Original Criminal Profiler" is better than the first one, because you might get some die hard X-Files fans that might take offense to "A Campaign for Chris Carters' Greatest Hero" because they could think it could be Mulder, Scully, or hell, the Lone Gunmen. Just a thought.

Very good point lol. Not thought about that. Spot on. Back to Black: Campaign for the Return of TV's Original Criminal Profiler could work well. Hell, I might just quickly mock something up to see how it could all slip together.

I'm agreeing with everyone about everything these days :rofl: ;very good points made about the picture, plus the possible subtitle!

Whatever the decision about an addition will be, I think we should use "Back to Black" as the main title.

That's what we want! While we encourage open minded debate, when we do appear in sync, let's just embrace it. So many plans fall apart of the simple question of a name.

EDIT: I've uploaded an idea. This isn't any attempt at a final composition, just a head spring of the various components. I'm sure some of you more web graphic minded can find a better approach. This just gives us an idea of components we might require. Personally, I'm not keen on including an ouroborus, but I think having "frank" in small type would be a nice touch.

post-3194-1220631530_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim McLean

Hi Chaps,

Laredo I adore the design but forgive me if I bring something to your attention. This may be judged to be of no significance what so ever but as I cannot shake the thing from my head I felt it only fair to get a second opinion. The use of the phrase 'first profiler' keeps reminding me of a less than pleasant episode in Millennium's history. This may seem pedantic and awfully mealy minded when we have much more gargantuan concerns but whilst we are on this page I may as well mention it.

When Millennium first aired it was dogged by comparisons to the show 'The Profiler'. Both shows shared a very similar narrative: that of a profiler with an uncanny insight trailing numerous serial killers. The problem was that 'The Profiler' aired a few weeks prior to Millennium and a huge debate waged at the time as to 'who copied who'. Naturally no-one did copy anyone else it was a fluke and a mere coincidence but NBC adopted a haughty position in asserting its profiler came first.

I am all in favour of referring to Frank as the first profiler but wondered if you felt that the information above is of any significance in regards to our use of the phrase.

Of more importance I am seeking the help of US members. I am trying to compile a list of contacts for the Millennium Cast but I am receiving conflicting information depending upon where I look. In the UK we have a database known as spotlight that allows us to search for the agents of any artist who is a paid up member of the actors union Equity. Could anyone recommend to me a similar and well respected database concerning US artists. I would be very grateful.

Best wishes,

Eth

I remember what you're talking about... I got into a good number of arguments with a Profiler fan while in school at that point. I don't remeber if the main character in "The Profiler" was a family man or not (wasn't a fan of the show). We could always do something along those lines... Like they did for Patriot Games. It was something along the lines of "Not for fame/glory (or something), not for country, but for his wife and child". It's on the box, but I can't seem to find it. So maybe (just to be funny)

Not for sanity, Not for Family, but for a Simple Live (part 4)- idea brought on by chrisnu's Millennium Caption's website

Wife's dead, daughter needs solid ground. Look out world- Black is Back!

Not that I'm saying those are the greatest ideas, but its an idea to do something like it.

We can be arty and make the image itself as part of the iconic image for the campaign by putting Frank in a slightly angled polaroid shot and have "Back to Black" written on the white,

I like this idea. :)

Hi Guys,

Sorry to break the flow but I wanted to extend my thanks to donkeyjote for sharing those links. If you use the information from both databases plus a bit of additional googling you can find the agents information if anyone is thinking of trying. I have found the following (websites provided where possible.)

LANCE HENRIKSEN

AGENCY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, INC.

405 S. Beverly Drive

Beverly Hills CA 90212

(310) 273-0744

https://www.apanewyork.com/

TERRY O'QUINN

ENDEAVOR AGENCY, L.L.C

9601 Wilshire Boulevard., 3rd Floor

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

(310) 248-2000

MEGAN GALLAGHER

BUCHWALD & ASSOC., DON

10 East 44th St.

New York, NY 10017

(212) 867-1200

https://www.buchwald.com/v2/home.asp

KRISTEN CLOKE

Mitchell Stubbs Agency

8675 W. Washington Blvd.,

Suite 203

Culver City,

CA 90232

(310) 838-1200

https://www.mksagency.com/

KLEA SCOTT

BAUMAN-REDANTY & SHAUL(NY),

250 West 57th St.,

#2223,

New York,

NY 10107,

(212) 757-0098

DOUG HUTCHINSON

AGENCY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, INC.

405 S. Beverly Drive

Beverly Hills CA 90212

(310) 273-0744

https://www.apanewyork.com/

PETER OUTERBRIDGE

SMS TALENT, INC.

8730 Sunset Blvd., #440

Los Angeles, CA 90069

(310) 289-0909

Wow! You did an excellent work, Eth!

Thank you for including Klea Scott and Peter Outerbridge in the list! I think they were terrific in Season 3 and I'd love to see them in MillenniuM movie.

Edited by Blackoil

Guest Jim McLean
Hi Chaps,

Laredo I adore the design but forgive me if I bring something to your attention. This may be judged to be of no significance what so ever but as I cannot shake the thing from my head I felt it only fair to get a second opinion. The use of the phrase 'first profiler' keeps reminding me of a less than pleasant episode in Millennium's history. This may seem pedantic and awfully mealy minded when we have much more gargantuan concerns but whilst we are on this page I may as well mention it.

When Millennium first aired it was dogged by comparisons to the show 'The Profiler'. Both shows shared a very similar narrative: that of a profiler with an uncanny insight trailing numerous serial killers. The problem was that 'The Profiler' aired a few weeks prior to Millennium and a huge debate waged at the time as to 'who copied who'. Naturally no-one did copy anyone else it was a fluke and a mere coincidence but NBC adopted a haughty position in asserting its profiler came first.

I am all in favour of referring to Frank as the first profiler but wondered if you felt that the information above is of any significance in regards to our use of the phrase.

It's a salient point - and I agree, on reflection, profiler may carry more problems than we need - or at least "first" anyhow. That could always be swapped to "best" or a more risky "iconic".

I think profiler might be a relevant phrase still because we want to make it clear what Frank is about - and as sad as it is, we need to slip neatly away from the thick mythology of Millennium and promote him "back to his roots" - and profiler does at describe him perfectly. We could of course be a little smart and use "gifted" profiler (rather than "psychic"), but again my feelings (and please feel free to disagree people) is what sells Frank is Frank, not his insight, be it a higher power gift or simply smart insight. I'd like to think Frank is flexible in this way - after all, there was strangely no "gift" in the X-Files episode. Obviously it kept things from getting complicated, but I think its an example of how Frank and his gift are not exclusive like the lady in Medium is to her visions.

As for the rest - looks dang bloody good. Well compiled Eth.