Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Guest Laurent.

I just sent Laredo a PM concerning the puzzle game.

I had a very interesting idea, here's a quote from the message I wrote to Jim:

If the response is good, I'll ask the tiwwa members to PM any idea for levels that they would like to see other scratch their head over. This way everyone will be involved in both side of the game and the privacy would keep every level a challenge for everyone, except me and the creator of the level! I could even add more interactivity to the game, but right now the idea is to keep it very simple to use.

I think this could turn out pretty well... I'll need Jim to contact me over any technical detail that I should fix. And if he thinks the game is good enough to be one the website, I'll create a topic to invite everyone to give it a try and PM me with their ideas.

• Elders (Moderators)
Of more importance, this will come of no surprise to those who regularly check M-TIWWA, if not why not, but Frank Spotnitz has given a new Millennium focused interview to 'Zone Horror' in anticipation of the network's airing of Milllennium and in it he notes that the window of opportunity for a Frank Black return dwindles and now is the time to make our voices heard. Yet again he asks us and yet again I am proud to respond.

OMG, I almost fainted when I saw that interview! It's a great one, and Frank Spotnitz is such a lovely person.

I'm so happy about the campaign, and proud too. And excited to see what the future brings!

I swooned a little too Vivi,

It seems an age since we had anything exclusively 'Millennium' from the creators with our poor franchise usually only getting a mention as a 'quick question' within an X-Files-centric article but that's supply and demand for you. I'm sure Spotnitz will have appreciated the opportunity to talk about other entries to his of his body of work for once. It was great fun and I hope Zone Horror keep the 'Millennium Goodies' coming, I'm praying for a documentary but original offerings aren't really their thing but 'hope springs eternal' I guess.

Laurent, my thanks regarding your decision to allow us to use the puzzle you have been working on. Could I ask you how many levels are thus far completed and how many you would ideally like to include? That way I know the parameters I'm working within and will see if I can create a few more over the weekend.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest donkeyjote

Ha! nice wallpaper! I was about to use that same picture as background to the myspace page! Glad to see we're intuitively thinking along the same lines. :yes:

By the way, someone (I assume our big J) has done a wonderful job of revamping it. I assume we can start inviting "friends"? Who's the preferred target?

Edited by donkeyjote

Thanks for the compliments guys..

When I came to make the Polaroid montage effect wallpaper that was the only HQ image of Lance I could find, I didn't really have a choice and suspect you encountered the same thing Donkeyjote? Oh well it looked fine in the end so I'm not too concerned with how few choices are out there.

I'm tinkering around at Bebo at the moment to see how easy, or hard, it is to create a custom skin. I want us on as many networking sites as possible so if you are covering Facebook and Myspace with J, I'll handle Bebo.

Back to the tutorial..

Eth

It's a social networking site, Laurent, much like Myspace or Facebook but it has the added advantages of a glossier appearance and a simplistic interface. It is favoured in the UK over its competitors and this gives it the added advantage of allowing us to use it to reach one of Sue's target demographics. That said if it turns out to be funded by the Real I.R.A or it donates its profits to the Triads then I will opt out of using it.

Where's Joe when you need him?

Eth PS Laurent please check my post above as I asked for some information so I could provide some help regarding the flash game and fear you may have missed it :)