B2FB Podcast - Episode Three "The Gift" Online

Rate this topic

Guest RodimusBen

Guest Jim McLean
I got to listen to the first half of the Podcast yesterday evening and I totally enjoyed it. Looking forward to catching up with the second half today, but I think I'll start again to get back into the flow of it! I posted a news article at Millennium-Thisiswhoweare.net yesterday, so hopefully it will attract some extra listeners and new supporters of the campaign. Sterling work guys, and I love the contrast between your accents too dare I say it!

Thank you, and may we just point out that I think both myself and Troy had a window with TIWWA's episode guide up throughout - perhaps could have done with glancing at it some more, but this website, its community and of course, its server (as B2FB is hosted by TIWWA) are all vital ingredients in what we do. If TIWWA wasn't here, we wouldn't be doing any of this. So without falling into the splashy pool of backslapping, thanks to Graham for really being the anchor that holds us all together - your support is appreciated more than we probably articulate. We should remember to get in a serious bout of Old Man worshipping each day.

Thadarkside, in your original podcast when you interviewed Jim/Laredo, I really got into the discussion and opinions on the episodes, it made me think about and consider some of the elements and themes of those episodes. Its really great to have a Talk Radio Millennium show to listen to and I'm glad you are continuing along on similar themes!

I must admit, my inspiration to how these casts' should be has been DVD commentaries. When I listen to a DVD commentary, the best are the ones that are both informal and informative - steer too far in either direction and the interest wanes. Should be like radio, should be loose, should be candid, but it should still be relevant. Should also be honest too - I know that this forum has a 100 people who know the show better than I do, some inside out, but we're not doing this to be the best fans, but simply because we feel we can simply motivate the campaign along for the fans to be heard. I can't stand self-important commentaries or radio shows. Know thy place, and our place is simply to make noise and hopefully entertain along the way!

However, i have a sense that they are barking up the wrong tree. How it seems, Fox is not very interested in this project, and Fox is the basically the only tree they are concentrating on. Why not expand the campaign, from Fox - to everyone. Maybe there's someone who would be easier to influence. For example, instead of trying to make Fox to resurrect the show, why not try to talk some other production into buying off the rights for the show? Maybe someone else could find more interest in continuing it, than Fox? Maybe someone out there needs boosting up the ratings more than Fox does? Why not try to convince them?

Verbal, you live up to your name, and I appreciate you do! It's a solid point that needs addressing.

First I do agree with Troy, that from a promotional POV one target is best. We do have addresses on the site for other people you CAN contact, but like if you split a river four, five ways, the amount of water in each stream is divided - you make less impact than having a single name.

There are many ways to run a campaign, so I certainly am not suggesting this is the single way, but I think a campaign needs a target, and FOX is the obvious one given as they hold the rights (and that's an important issue!).

Now if you as fans want to approach other agencies (say the Syfi channel or whatever they are called these days), PLEASE do. If you feel there are avenues we haven't touched upon that should have, don't let us stop you. Push our campaign under their noses. All we ask is anything you do in the name of BacktoFrankBlack you do with respect - but beyond that, push the envelope if you are in the position to do so!

Just simply for the hub of the campaign we want to keep it as simple as possible for people to get involved so FOX and in particular, 1013 sympathetic Mr Broidy were the obvious choices.

Jim - Campaign Co-ordinator

Guest thadarkside

Graham,

Thanks so much for the feedback, it is truly appreciated. It makes the hard work we put into the show well worth it. James was right on point. I had the website up the entire time we did the first episode, referring back to it several times during the show. Like James said, there are many people who know Millennium inside and out, more than me, but the bottom line is that we all appreciate the show in our own way.

I too love the DVD commentary feel of the show. It's casual, but still informative and sometimes you get surprises and information you didn't know about.

Graham, I want to thank you for being the anchor of the Millennium fandom, in my opinion. We couldn't do it without you my friend!

Troy (thadarkside)

Guest thadarkside

Oops, I forgot to THANK EVERYONE who has taken the time out to listen to the show. We do it for our love of the show and the Millennium fans out there!!!

Guest Verbal_Kint
We do have addresses on the site for other people you CAN contact, but like if you split a river four, five ways, the amount of water in each stream is divided - you make less impact than having a single name.

Yup... catch-22 :doh: Laser beam instead of a neon light... :smile:

Guest Jim McLean
Yup... catch-22 :doh: Laser beam instead of a neon light... :smile:

We're always looking for help Verbal. If you want to look at putting together some addresses or profiles that you feel we could contact, we'll look into doing so. We're looking at putting a decent press kit together at the moment which could make such a plan quite easy - but the more helping hands, the better!

Guest Verbal_Kint
We're always looking for help Verbal. If you want to look at putting together some addresses or profiles that you feel we could contact, we'll look into doing so. We're looking at putting a decent press kit together at the moment which could make such a plan quite easy - but the more helping hands, the better!

Your arguments are quite convincing. You can't have unlimited resources, so laser-method (there you go, now you have a name for it :smile:) is probably the best (well, optimal).

I'm thinking of making some simple website dedicated to Millennium and Virtual Seasons that i would translate, though.

• Elders (Admins)
Graham,

Thanks so much for the feedback, it is truly appreciated. It makes the hard work we put into the show well worth it. James was right on point. I had the website up the entire time we did the first episode, referring back to it several times during the show. Like James said, there are many people who know Millennium inside and out, more than me, but the bottom line is that we all appreciate the show in our own way.

I too love the DVD commentary feel of the show. It's casual, but still informative and sometimes you get surprises and information you didn't know about.

Graham, I want to thank you for being the anchor of the Millennium fandom, in my opinion. We couldn't do it without you my friend!

Troy (thadarkside)

Thanks for the kind words Troy (and Jim!), I'm glad the site is of use to you!

Exactly, I love the feel of the podcast and I'm sure many other will too!

Like James said, there are many people who know Millennium inside and out, more than me, but the bottom line is that we all appreciate the show in our own way.

I totally agree Troy, I think this mentality is something that we've recognised here at This is who we are over the years. There's always someone around who knows or remembers more about the show, its background trivia, what a character said to another or what happened when it was on TV live back in the 90's, which is great but what's more important is that people are free to find their own level with the show and they should know that its okay to come here and ask. I certainly don't know everything about Millennium, its a show where people even now are discovering something new about it, as every year goes by, take for example Vivi's fairly recent discovery and analysis of the artwork in Al Pepper's office and in Peter Watts study. So subtle that most of us probably missed it and yet some creative and inspired person took the time and trouble to make sure it was there in the background.

If we can do our best to ensure that people are made welcome and feel comfortable enough to come here and ask questions about the show knowing they won't be jumped upon or have to read a load of abuse to get to the answer, then a very important part of our goal here is done and if we don't know the answer, we'll work together to to try and find it. Millennium offers so much to its fans, on so many levels, from the casual viewer who just wants to enjoy a great story with great cast to the fascinated and intrigued viewer who wants to learn as much as possible about what made the show tick, its all good and learning exercise for everyone including those who help me run the site!

Regards,

Graham

Guest Jim McLean

Just a plug for the second podcast this Sunday - Legion is the theme, and we have the Judge, "Legion" himself, Marshall Bell on the podcast! We will be looking at the Legion arc in season one and announcing our own Legion competition!

To fit all this in (plus news updates), podcast is a little longer this week - but it's great to pull together such a great thematic mix! Plus Marshall was an absolute gem to interview - can't say enough about the man!

Hi guys,

What we really, really want (to quote the Spice Girls) is you guys. We need your help in getting word of this project out there. As you will no doubt deduce from Jim's post, there is a lot to get excited about in the forthcoming edition, an exclusive competition, a guest appearance from The Judge, an examination of the Legion Mythos and much more besides. We know some of you have Myspace pages, Twitter accounts, Facebook profiles, Blogs, Websites and whatever else the current online trends involve. Please take a brief moment to promote the podcast, share links to B2FB, copy and paste our blog posts in respect of the podcast, we really don't mind as long as you can spare a few moments to help in the promotion of this. We know there has been the desire for a podcast for some time now, James and Troy are working extremely hard recording, producing and arranging these and yours truly is doing his best to support them, keep the news flowing and arrange the interviews we will continue to bring to you. As you may know I spoke to Klea Scott yesterday and we are hoping that she will join the team for an exclusive interview in the future. Get behind this project people, download it, share it, promote it. Anything is a step in the right direction, from small acorns do big oak trees grow.

Here's looking forward to Sunday!

Eth