B2FB Podcast - Episode Three "The Gift" Online

Rate this topic

Guest RodimusBen

Guest Jim McLean

Sorry the blog? We took the feed down, remember G? It was causing some issues with your server feeds as I recall. I've not looked at re-doing the feed since. Though now I have a better understanding, maybe we can circumnavigate such troubles.

BTFBPodcastEpisodeTwo.png

I just wanted to point out for the sake of those who shy away from ipods and so on that the podcasts can be enjoyed just as much from your PC without any need to plug yourself in to an MP3/MP4 player. As a fan of Millennium can I really advise you to check out the enhanced version of the podcast, simply download it and watch on your PC using the Quicktime Player. Hearing new interviews with the cast, news of Lance's features, Millennium chat and more coupled with images displaying on your screen is the nearest you can possibly get to a Millennium documentary, if you will, and these chaps are offering you a new documentary, every two weeks filled with some awesome stuff which they conduct and compile purely because they love the show and the fans who support it.

Download it now, I promise you you will love every minute of it.

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks, I'll re-download it today and listen to the last 30 minutes!

Jim,

There's some confusion here about the RSS feed. As Mark said, it was the RSS news exported feed from your Blog I was after, the same one as Mark by the sound of it.

It sounds like the wrong one got took down, your own!

What I was referring to the other week was in fact the use of the TIWWA Blog RSS feed on your news page under your Affiliates section. That particular feed takes the latest Blog entries that our members post in their blogs and puts them into a feed, and by using it on your Affiliates section you have posts about fish tanks and everything else our members are blogging about showing up, which I though was a bit off-topic if you see what I mean.

There's absolutely no problem in using RSS feeds from TIWWA or articles from M-TIWWA on your site, its just I was suggesting that you may want to consider using a more relevant feed to import into your website, like the Latest Topics feed, or in fact a particular blog feed (just click on 'Syndicate this blog' when viewing a TIWWA hosted blog to get the feed's url) rather than the main blog feed that contains everything from all of the blogs.

Regards,

Graham

• Elders (Admins)

Marshall Bell was brilliant wasn't he? What an open and honest guy he is!

This podcast is a bit cursed for me! I download the fixed version and it had Marshall in the middle, but Windows Media Player is currently showing me at being 1hr 7mins into it but also states its 1hr 1m 15s long! Its playing really well though and its thoroughly interesting!

Guest Jim McLean
Marshall Bell was brilliant wasn't he? What an open and honest guy he is!

This podcast is a bit cursed for me! I download the fixed version and it had Marshall in the middle, but Windows Media Player is currently showing me at being 1hr 7mins into it but also states its 1hr 1m 15s long! Its playing really well though and its thoroughly interesting!

How did it go? This is a bit of a concern. I must confess I've not downloaded the whole thing (having listened to it three times already for editing and once when I actually spoke the words) - if there is a technical issue, we need to know! So far as what went up via FTP, the whole thing transferred.

Guest Jim McLean

Graham, I've removed those particular affiliates from the list. Everything's a bit mad at my end at the moment, so I'll come back to looking for a better TIWWA feed.

The blog subscribe is also back up.

My apologies for misunderstanding and delay in replying.

How did it go? This is a bit of a concern. I must confess I've not downloaded the whole thing (having listened to it three times already for editing and once when I actually spoke the words) - if there is a technical issue, we need to know! So far as what went up via FTP, the whole thing transferred.

I had to download it three times (as an mp3, i don't use itunes) before I got the full file. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I don't usually have any problems downloading podcasts. Was it just me?

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Baz,

There was a apparently a gremlin with the first upload as it was 30 mins short and Mr Bell's interview was missing. However it was quickly fixed.

Jim,

I wouldn't worry about it, I think it was Windows Media Player 11. Yes it played through just fine, it wa sjust for some reason WMP said it was shorter than it actually was, so after 1hr 1m and 15 seconds the bar was at the end of the scale, but it continued to play back fine. I think I've seen this before with long MP3's in WMP.

Thanks again for a great and entertaining podcast. I really enjoyed the section on Legion!

Guest Jim McLean

Thanks for the feedback people. Always good to check back and make sure there is no real technical issues. Last thing we want are technical issues.

Recording again this weekend, so back on the rollercoaster we go!

Guest donkeyjote

A splendid podcast, Jim! As much as I enjoyed Bell's interview, I thought your analysis of the Legion arc was essential stuff.

Very funny ending, too!

So thank you once again for keeping the Millennium flame alive and, may I say, brighter than ever.

Edited by donkeyjote