This Week, on Millennium

Rate this topic

Everyone is invited to take a trip back down some familior roads, and imagine you're there for the first time. Get in your cumfy chair, turn the lights off, light candles, get potato chips or whatever you want, and take time out for yourself....at least ONCE a week, and watch Millennium! In this thread, I invite everyone to just come in and post as if it were for the first time. You're free to take a trip down memory lane, and recall what was going on in your life when you first saw Millennium, and (if you like) where you are now...... Try to recapture the magic it brought to you when you first saw it, and post about it in this thread. No structure needed. You can start at the beginning, or jump around between favorites. Whatever you want to do.

Basically, I'm trying to rekindle what made this group, and "Multitude of Voices" so great that it spawned this diverse, and long lasting online community that is unlike any other I have found!

So, starting this week....the first week of the month, pick an episode, and take some time out for yourself. At this time in all of our lives, I think we deserve a tad of self-indulgence! :pumpkin4:

I just enjoy the experience, starting from the beginning. And, yes, with all the chaos out there, creating a tad of structure like this can be somewhat comforting as well.

BTW, chaos reigns again. I couldn't get the DVD player to work last night, so I'm going to have to get Terry to look at it.

I shall return.

Guest I_am_Jess

I just came back to TIWWA after a couple of years hiatus.

I am going to start watching Millenium from the beginning but this time my Partner will be watching too! All this time and he has never watched it!

It's so exciting to share something like this with someone that it is almost like starting anew like you have never seen it before either.

I hope he enjoys it too.

:grinning:

That's the spirit!!! Nice to have you back!

Ok.... I'm going to treat this like a season, sort of, as silly as that sounds. Since Millennium was origionally on friday nights, I was going to reserve this for Friday, but last night, I finally thought "what the heck?" and decided to do the Pilot last night, and Gehenna tonight, and pretend it's a season 2 part opener or something. So, I watched the first one last night. It's actually been about 2 years since I watched that one. The last time was when I was introducing my friend Chris to the series. Anyway here's how last night went.

It was weird, at first, because I've seen that first scene so many times I did not think it would really have much of an impact, but I realized I couldn't help thinking of all the crap/fluff crime dramas on today (more than 10 years later,....you'd think they would have gotten BETTER), and I thought, "Y'know, this almost looks dated.....but, now that I think about it, it just seems out of place because it's so much more intense and gritty and carries so much more drama than anything else out there. I was not prepaired for how the scene where they first arrive at the yellow house would impact me, though. When they all arrived there, Catherine exclaining "Oh, Frank, you had it painted!" I just lost it. I guess I associate it too much with MY yellow house.

Anyway....... I must say, even after all these years, the Pilot has not lost any of it's punch, and I'm looking forward to "Gehenna" tonight (at Millennium's regularly scheduled time! LOL) :pumpkin3:

Just finished The Pilot tonight. You are so right it hasn't lost it's punch at all. I'm watching it for the first time on our new 40 inch TV so it shows a lot of details I never saw before. The tear in the Frenchman's eye was a new one. A couple of other things that stood out this time were: Frank holding the coffin guy after they pulled him out, seemed to really be upset and caring,just great facial expressions by Lance. Also the look on his face when he reached into the envelope and felt the Polaroids,It would take nerves of steel to not lose it right then and there. Bottom line is that this is the most powerful pilot to any show ever. Just an emotional and visual slap in the face with just enough of a real down to earth human touch(thinking of Blech in the freezing water saying he was glad he had a family),and of course a hint of a continuing mystery thread that makes me want to hit the play button for the next episode.

Guest I_am_Jess

One of the great moments of Pilot that resonates with me is when Frank is pulling out of the undercover carpark and Bletch stops him, standing in the pouring rain. The seconds that follow of Bletch trying to understand Frank's 'power' while still adhering to the laws that govern him are moving.

And then, the look on Frank's face when he feels inside the envelope, knowing the contents before he looks inside... that moment is powerful.

One of the great moments of Pilot that resonates with me is when Frank is pulling out of the undercover carpark and Bletch stops him, standing in the pouring rain. The seconds that follow of Bletch trying to understand Frank's 'power' while still adhering to the laws that govern him are moving.

And then, the look on Frank's face when he feels inside the envelope, knowing the contents before he looks inside... that moment is powerful.

Very powerful. Some of the best actors ever appeared on this show. Besides having awesome writers, the actors are the other reason the show is so good. :ouroborous:

Excellent! You guys hit on exactly my top picks for best moments in the Pilot. If you break apart all the elements, you can see it is a masterfully crafted work of art. There is a perfect balance of horror, beauty, romanace, bravery, humor....and, as Frank puts it, "Paralyzing fear".

When I watch any of the new crime dramas on today, they all seem "campy". Like they are trying too hard. Almost like some teenagers who want to be rock stars, and sing their hearts out, but they just have that polished class.

This weekend kinda got outta hand, and I didn't get to do the "double feature" of throwing in Gehenna as well, like I'd planned. So, I'll be patient and wait till Friday. (at it's regularly scheduled time...lol)