This Week, on Millennium

Rate this topic

Watched The Judge last night. It's been one of my favorites since the beginning. This time I watched it with an extra emphasis on watching Marshal Bell's character: The Judge or Legion if you prefer. He certainly has an intensity in his eyes when he was waiting for Bardale's bus to drop him off. Anyway I have always found this episode so rife with biblical allegory that maybe there or in my imagination I better stop now. Next up 522666. ouroborous.gif

Oh..... This is gonna get me inspired to get back into the weekly habbit! *grin* (been a bit down lately, but I bet a doze of MM could help!)

The Judge is one of my favorites from Season 1. It's just "real" enough to be believable, but with that spooky quality that can really get to you. This kind of blend of the borderline paranormal, set against a backdrop of "Yeah, I could see that happening" just really makes this an excellent one!

Yeah, it kinda icked me out, at first. The whole thing with getting a finger in the mail....and then the thing with the foot! WOW. When they found the guy, and said he'd tried to make a tourniquet outta his belt.... That was just really disturbing to think about. But, it was just this kind of grit that made this a great episode.

Watched The Judge last night. It's been one of my favorites since the beginning. This time I watched it with an extra emphasis on watching Marshal Bell's character: The Judge or Legion if you prefer. He certainly has an intensity in his eyes when he was waiting for Bardale's bus to drop him off. Anyway I have always found this episode so rife with biblical allegory that maybe there or in my imagination I better stop now.

I just rewatched that one as well, and I agree. I rewatch the entire series once a year now.

Two things I found particularly interesting and effective -

1) There is no mystical evil about the episode

2) He's undone by his own minion rather than by Frank

2) He's undone by his own minion rather than by Frank

And that's why I see such biblical allegory:Judge not and you won't be judged. It's also interesting that the Judge left Frank the note on the entrance saying he will "catch him next time". Did Legion knowingly give up this person's body knowing he was going to be killed by Bardale when he got back?

• 2 weeks later...

Well this week we had a double header of Millennium. 522666 and Kingdom Come in one sitting. Had to get an extra large bag of sunflower seeds for the event. Both episodes are good,but Kingdom come gets better with every re-watch. I don't know why but I do like Ardis. Michael Zelnicker who played Galen did a superb job as an overly grieving husband and father,rather touching in spots with the right amount of cold blooded killer. "Oh that hurt",after he whacked the Reverend with the golf club.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Whenever I rewatch Millennium (at least one full run through, every winter), I am always struck anew by just how great a show this was and is.

And whilst there are so many reasons for this, the real hook that gets me is Frank himself. Because as I've said so many times before, he is quite simply the most relatable, engaging and inspiring hero that I have ever seen. His moral authority, the fact that he cares so much about the state of society, despite how much it hurts and costs him, and the dignity he is able to keep through it all, as well as the strength to keep going.

He faces all the fears we have about our society and who we really are as people, he asks the difficult questions of others and himself, and he never stops trying to do all he can for anyone who needs him. As dark as Millennium gets, and as ugly as it shows the human condition to be capable of being, it always lifts me to see Frank and how much he cares.

It doesn't matter if I watch any given episode once or a million times - every time I watch, I want to believe he can make the difference. Because Lance's performances feel so real, that you feel it is actually happening then, at that very moment, the human spirit being tested and judged.

All these years later, so many times I've watched the series now, but it never has and will never disappoint, nor will I ever tire of it. Its the ultimate expression of 'Being happy through being sad' and its an experience that *always* feels like the first time.Because it lets me know in myself, just how much I care too. And that's something that gives me great peace, and the strength to carry on again.

Basically, the show means more to me than words can really say, but I think you all understand where I'm coming from. So here's to all of us experiencing Frank's journey again and again and again, and every time like its our very first time.