Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "People & UFO's/ Life Among The Sun's Family" from the score to the IMAX feature "UFO - The Truth Is Here" (2001).

This is a very rare piece of music by Mark, since the album was only available at IMAX theatres in Sweden. The music assembles the best parts of Mark's ambient music for the early X-FILES-Seasons (no surprise considering the subject matter).

The CD is a very rare collector's item, since it was never available for sale online and is now very hard to find.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Recently tried to find this album and couldn't.  Any suggestions?

Really appreciate this post since most of us don't have a copy and have never heard anything from the album.

Thanks again and again Alex.  :23:   :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

No, sorry, Darlene. I'm looking for the CD as well, only have it digital.

Snow Files of the Week: "Prayer/Suicide Exam" from the X-Files episode "Die Hand Die Verletzt (1995)".

Just in time for Halloween a very eerie score. A remarkable piece of music by Mark for this episode. The story around satanic rituals, belief and possession inspired Mark to this very dark and gothic score. The brooding ambient music sets the mood for the chilling events that occur at a high school. Mark also brings some satanic chants into the music, making this one of the most memorable scores of the entire show.

"Die Hand Die Verletzt" is german for "The Hand that wounds". The term can be heard in the satanic prayer the teachers are doing at the beginning of the episode. Ironically the episode got another title in Germany, where it's called "Satan".

Music from "Die Hand Die Verletzt" was released on the second volume of the X-Files 4-Disc-Box-Set by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Oh my gosh Alex, where did you get the digital?  Is it still available?

Did a little research on my computer and I have "Prayer" that is included in a digital copy of The Event Series (Original Soundtrack) (2017), but I didn't see "Suicide Exam," just "sveta_exam."  Is "sveta" German for "suicide," and the same track you posted?  There's also a "Sveta" track.  I'm betting I already have the album, and definitely need to spend some time organizing my music.  It's in 3 places on the computer, and need to compare them to what's on CD and what needs to be burned.  What a job that will be.  Arg.

Yes, these are eerie, creepy, dark tracks, and perfect for this time of year with Halloween on the way.

Thanks again Alex.  :23:   :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
On 10/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, Earthnut said:

Oh my gosh Alex, where did you get the digital?  Is it still available?

Did a little research on my computer and I have "Prayer" that is included in a digital copy of The Event Series (Original Soundtrack) (2017), but I didn't see "Suicide Exam," just "sveta_exam."  Is "sveta" German for "suicide," and the same track you posted?  There's also a "Sveta" track.  I'm betting I already have the album, and definitely need to spend some time organizing my music.  It's in 3 places on the computer, and need to compare them to what's on CD and what needs to be burned.  What a job that will be.  Arg.

Yes, these are eerie, creepy, dark tracks, and perfect for this time of year with Halloween on the way.

Thanks again Alex.  :23:   :hug:

I can't remember where I got the digital version from, but I know that it wasn't an official source. 😉

The two tracks you're talking about are indeed taken from the 2CD set with the music from the six new episodes that aired in 2016. They've got nothing to do with this tracks here. And no, "sveta" is not german for "suicide", Sveta is the name of the young women that got abducted by aliens in the first episode of the event series. The tracks, that I posted, were taken from the second volume 4CD set. So, no connection, except for the similar track names.

Snow Files of the Week: "Cortege" (1999/2002) from the "Cold Spring" sampler "The Chamber".

Here we have a very rare occasion, where Mark didn't compose for a movie or a tv series. The track "Cortege" was supposed to be an appetizer for an all non-movie album called "Death...be not proud", consisting entirely of new compositions by Mark.

The release date was set for spring of 1999, there was even a tracklist (Intonation, Cortege, If Hitler Had Autism, Mr Jones, Quietude and Colonel Parkinson). But apparently, that never happened, at least I coulnd't find anything concerning the album. It's not even listed on the label's website. The only thing, that was released, seems to be this track.

I sent a message to the label and got a very surprising response. Mark indeed started working on the album, but he had more and more soundtrack work on his hands, that he just didn't have the time to continue working on this album. The label still has a master for the album with a running time of 25 minutes.

The track shows Mark in his dark ambient mode. This is for all those dark-and-moody-loving X-Files fans.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Jack O' Lantern/Battery/790 Days" from "MillenniuM", episode "The Curse of Frank Black" (1997).

What would Halloween be without "The Curse of Frank Black"? A very popular episode amongst fans of "MillenniuM", it features everything you could hope for on this night: Strange happenings, Demons, black cats, witches, ghosts and an overall dark and tense atmosphere. Mark brings the moody episode to a higher level with his dark and spooky music. At the end of the episode, Mark even incorporates a piece of classical music into his score, the "Sarabande" by Georg Friedrich Händel.

The music was released on the first volume of "MillenniuM" music by La-La Land Records in 2008. This edition sold out and was re-released, limited to 1.000 copies.

Happy Halloween!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1