Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

Wow, somehow I missed the Mark Snow Collection post.  Yay, I have the album.

I am confused with the X-Files Vol One.  I have an original soundtrack, but it starts with the track "One."  How many volumes are there?  Obviously mine isn't the 1st.

Thank you Alex  :23:  :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
4 hours ago, Earthnut said:

Wow, somehow I missed the Mark Snow Collection post.  Yay, I have the album.

I am confused with the X-Files Vol One.  I have an original soundtrack, but it starts with the track "One."  How many volumes are there?  Obviously mine isn't the 1st.

There are three volumes, four CDs each. A fourth one is on its way. And of course, there are the albums for season 10 and 11.

Wow a 4th on the way and I don't have 2 and 3.  Oh my.

To the best of my knowledge, season 10 and 11 are the Event Series Soundtrack, is that correct?  I have 2 Event Series discs, downloaded in 2017, 26 tracks on disc 1 and 25 on disc 2.  Is there more?  I think I need to do some research.

• Elders (Moderators)
On 2/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, Earthnut said:

Wow a 4th on the way and I don't have 2 and 3.  Oh my.

To the best of my knowledge, season 10 and 11 are the Event Series Soundtrack, is that correct?  I have 2 Event Series discs, downloaded in 2017, 26 tracks on disc 1 and 25 on disc 2.  Is there more?  I think I need to do some research.

Season 10 was the Event Series. The album contains two CDs, which surely are the ones you have. But season 11 is also available as a two disc set. This set was released last year.

It's great finally getting this sorted out, and you're right, I don't have S11, just 10 of the Event Series.

And I need to get The X-Files Vol 2 & 3.  Let us know when you find aout about Vol 4.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Randi loves Jason/Theme From Skateboard" from the movie "Skateboard" (1978).

This is the oldest release of a score by Mark so far. Only available on Vinyl and audio tape, the album "Skateboard" features late-70's rock music and Mark's grooving score. Let's travel back to the 70's!

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "A Message of Faith" from "Night Sins" (1997).

Of course, the score has the familiar sounds, that we already know from Mark's work on "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". "Night Sins" has a beautiful main theme, which gets its finest presentation in this track. Mark also added etheral choir work to it and showed again, that he indeed can write beautiful piano themes.

The album was released by BSX Records and is limited to 1000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Mark Snow's ability to make me feel music is extraordinary. At first I thought it was because I had a particular scene in a show to associate it with but that's not always the case. The piece from Night Sins above is really good and I've never even heard of that show.

• Like 1