Gehanna

Rate this topic

voidprime

Guest Laurent.

It's really fun to read your opinion Black's Babe. We don't get a lot of members who are just discovering the series.

I hope you'll share your firsthand opinion of each episode!

• 1 month later...

Hey, we love you old geezers. If it weren't for some of you, we would never have had this site to share our common love for this series and those that made it happen.

I loved Gehenna, its one of my favorites. I think we really get to see Frank at his strongest and weakest when Mike Atkins is in ICU. He realizes that his gift can save the people he loves/cares for, but his gift can also hurt the same people, and might end up driving him insane at points...

Off topic, wow, its early April, and I just heard an ice cream truck go down the street....

Guest MRT6644

Just finished watching this episode. I watched the entire 3 seasons from Feb through this week.

Now Im starting all over again.

This episode is incredible.

I didnt appreciate it as much when I watched it in Feb because I was getting back into the series after 10 years.

I was shocked to see Clemente/Mabius.

A few actors are reused in this show (McClaren) though who knows if itsa the same person.

Maybe the Millenium group gets hold of Clemente and "rewires" him to be their hit man?

In one scene in S3, Mabius changes into another person. Is it Clemente?

Or does the face of Clemente represent evil in Frank's eyes.

Of course this has been covered here, but its interesting to see for the first time.

• 2 months later...

I started rewatching the series on Chiller after a short sabbatical this week. Upon seeing this episode last night something hit me that I found a bit humorous. Did Chris Carter purposely make the evil cult members telemarketers? My apologies to any telemarketers out there.

I started rewatching the series on Chiller after a short sabbatical this week. Upon seeing this episode last night something hit me that I found a bit humorous. Did Chris Carter purposely make the evil cult members telemarketers? My apologies to any telemarketers out there.

And honestly, the evil boy scouts going door to door too was done too. See Final Conflict (Omen 3) for details. Besides, telemarketers always seem to interrupt at the world's most inopportune moments...

• Elders (Moderators)

Here's what he said in the commentary for season 1:

I came up with this idea to have these boys, these tele-marketers who were driven by greed, to have them motivated by these words that flash up on this screen. There were many different sins expressed up on that screen. The idea that evil could be carried out over the telephone is also a very scary idea and one that I think is all too real and common these days. People can reach right into your homes in so many ways now, by fax, over the telephone, through your computer and I think this is one of the ways that we're scared these days. This is something I was trying to communicate.

Evil door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesmen just wouldn't have the same zing. :wink:

Unless the salesman is John Lee Roche*. :oneeyedwinK

*XF S4 "Paper Hearts".