Favorite One-liner

Rate this topic

Guest Denno

Guest Second Coming

Jose Chung: You can tell everthing about a person by the books on their shelf.

Giebelhouse: oh yeah, not me. I ain't got no books.

Jose chung: Exactly

hahahaha

Guest amnesic

not a one liner, but I do like Lara Means soliloquy from the season 2 finale....

Why now?  Why now?  Why  were we born now.  Do you realise the probability, the probability of even being born at all, the chances of any life being here, let alone you and me.  If it ends, when it will end, we will be among the 10% of all humans who ever lived.  Do you understand the odds of being born at the time it all ends, and since the time is now, since the time is here, we’re all old.  But compared to all the life, of all the life on earth, of all the life in the universe, we’re infinite.  And that’s all we’ll ever be, all we ever were.  Can you calculate the odds of being both.  So, so lucky to be born now….we can’t be born just to die, we knew this was coming, we’ve known for two millennia.  “Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written in it”, as the time is near.

Similarly, I like the character that Kristin Cloke played in Space: Above and Beyond's soliloquy from that final...

One day, before there where days.

Everything, before there was anything.

You, me, the sun and all the stars,

Can’t, cannot see where smaller in a size smaller than this point of light.

But then, by, and inexplicable somehow, it became.

Creating galaxies: billions; stars: trillions; and a solitary Earth, made up of one continent.

For the next 400 million year, volcanic eruptions spewed toxic gases into an atmosphere devoid of oxygen

Deadly radiation heated acidic oceans.

Comets and asteroids rallied with the force of all the nuclear arsenals of the 20th century.

And yet, by, and inexplicable somehow, life became.

The first cell, every tree in the Amazon, everything.

Everyone, that is alive, or that has ever lived, is ascended from the same ancestral form of life,

You, me, friends, enemies, and all the life we can and are yet to see

Guest Sixth Seal

LOL  I just watched "Jose Chung" last night.  I had forgotten how funny that episode was.

"I told him that it didn't matter what I thought, that he should do whatever makes him happy.  What I didn't know was that what would make him happy was being a diety!"

"Don't, you'll never make it!"

"Not with that attitude, I won't!"

*splat*

And then there's that great moment when the Selfosophy Psycho is ranting to the Onanagraph, and he says of Jose Chung, "He makes fun of Onan Gupta!" and the machine actually sputters in shock!  I almost had coke come out of my nose at that one.

"Don't, you'll never make it!"

"Not with that attitude, I won't!"

*splat*

:grin2: Damn funny episode :p

"No, I don't neither" or "All right! My gun jammed!"

I too just recently rewatched the Jose Chung episode.  I forgot the line that Peter said when he was talking to Frank in the Nostradomus Scholars office.

"Evil incarnate can't sue."

Kinda blows my theory on lawyers   :wink_big:

Guest LauraKrycek
not a one liner, but I do like Lara Means soliloquy from the season 2 finale....

Yeah, that's a great monologue.  Yet another 1013 one I considered using for auditions.

About the Laura Means soliloquy.....  I remember when I first saw that....I was thinking...."WOW!  THIS is on tv???  No wonder the show got cancelled!  It probably flew right over the heads of most of the population!" :p

Guest jamjardi

But the best is Jose Chung's flamey little reply and facial expression in response to Frank's line.  Jose Chung: "Ohhhh..."  It is like he is acknowledging Frank's quickness and clever little literary reference, in addition to being attracted to Frank and his profession, perhaps.  I love Charles Nelson Riley.  I am glad we got to see him perform one last time in the X-Files and MillenniuM before he died.

Isn't Charles Nelson Reilly still alive?

Guest LauraKrycek

Isn't Charles Nelson Reilly still alive?

LOL, yeah, he is... I don't know how I missed that sentence before.  Alive and kicking!  And apparently he's a voice on Spongebob Squarepants, though I don't watch that show.  The character may be dead, but he lives on!

Not realy a joke, but I couldn't resist posting this *one-liner*...tonight of all nights~

"There's no such things as ghosts." :ghostface:

Now.... I'm off to watch "The Curse of Frank Black" and then go hide under the covers! :eyes:

TheCurseOfFrank.jpg