Favorite One-liner

Rate this topic

Guest Denno

Yeah, that hasn't worked for me in a very long time.  When you're up half the night doing your homework, your body doesn't really want to get up when you need to.  Even when the alarm does go off.

And I usually am up until 1-2 am at least (sometimes as late as 3 am or so).     Then I usually wake up anywhere between 6 am and 9 am.   But if I need to wake up at a certain time, my body wakes me up before the alarm does go off (if I have the alarm oon).   It works most of the time.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
And I usually am up until 1-2 am at least (sometimes as late as 3 am or so).     Then I usually wake up anywhere between 6 am and 9 am.   But if I need to wake up at a certain time, my body wakes me up before the alarm does go off (if I have the alarm oon).   It works most of the time.

Yeah, it just doesn't work for me.  Some mornings, I'll wake up at 7:30 when my alarm's set for a few minutes later or something, but that happens rarely.  I'm more likely to sleep through turning off my alarm than to wake up before it.  Of course, I've thought for years that I have an undiagnosed sleep disorder.  Anyone who's seen me sleep when I have time to sleep until I wake up will concur.  But strangely, if I go to a party one night and then crash at like 5 in the morning, I almost always am up before nine.  Go figure.

Yeah, it just doesn't work for me.  Some mornings, I'll wake up at 7:30 when my alarm's set for a few minutes later or something, but that happens rarely.  I'm more likely to sleep through turning off my alarm than to wake up before it.  Of course, I've thought for years that I have an undiagnosed sleep disorder.  Anyone who's seen me sleep when I have time to sleep until I wake up will concur.  But strangely, if I go to a party one night and then crash at like 5 in the morning, I almost always am up before nine.  Go figure.

Maybe your body wants to get up at 9 am.

Be Seeing you,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
Maybe your body wants to get up at 9 am.

No, my body generally wants to get up sometime between 10 and 2.  My French teacher, however, wants me in class by 9.

This morning, I woke up at 7:30, but it was because I left the window next to the head of my bed open last night and it rained a little on my stuffed animals and sprinkled on my Harry Potter books, argh.

...the following isn't exactly a "one-liner" but what the hell:      

"SENSE AND ANITSENSE":

-(Frank and Peter drive up to a crime scene and are stopped by a detective)...i have to paraphrase a bit...

DETECTIVE-(in a bored tone): "you're not allowed in there,sir."

FRANK:  "Yeah,this is Peter Watts and I'm Frank BLACK,we're expected."

DETECTIVE-(dripping with sarcasm):Yeah,and i'm "JOE YELLOW"....you're still not getting through here."

FRANK-(incredulous): "Look,a detective GIEBLEHOUSE was supposed to meet us here,could you check and see if he arrived?"

DETECTIVE-(REALLY GETTING IMPATIENT)-"Yeah,well,even if THAT was a real name YOU'RE STILL NOT GETTING THROUGH!"

...Frank and peter just look at one another astounded at being denied access to a crime scene! :tongue:

~se7en :ouro:

No, my body generally wants to get up sometime between 10 and 2.  My French teacher, however, wants me in class by 9.

This morning, I woke up at 7:30, but it was because I left the window next to the head of my bed open last night and it rained a little on my stuffed animals and sprinkled on my Harry Potter books, argh.

I used to sleep with my head near one of my windows in my bedroom, but I usually sleep away from the windows since it just got too cold around my head (even though the windows are very new and supposed to keep the cold out).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who doesn't leave windows open when he sleeps and doesn't leave anything near his windows)

Guest LauraKrycek

I used to sleep with my head near one of my windows in my bedroom, but I usually sleep away from the windows since it just got too cold around my head (even though the windows are very new and supposed to keep the cold out).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

(who doesn't leave windows open when he sleeps and doesn't leave anything near his windows)

I usually never have the windows open period, just because I don't ever think about it.  Growing up, we weren't allowed to open the windows on our house because of bugs and air conditioning.  I would've closed it, but the temperature was wonderful last night.  Sometimes, it's nice to feel the outdoors air when you sleep -- that's one reason I love camping.

I usually never have the windows open period, just because I don't ever think about it.  Growing up, we weren't allowed to open the windows on our house because of bugs and air conditioning.  I would've closed it, but the temperature was wonderful last night.  Sometimes, it's nice to feel the outdoors air when you sleep -- that's one reason I love camping.

usually, it isn't advised to leave any windows open most of the year  in Montana because sometimes it gets very cold with snow in the winter.  At the moment, the high for this week has been in the 20s.    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.    Luckily, no snow of yet.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
usually, it isn't advised to leave any windows open most of the year  in Montana because sometimes it gets very cold with snow in the winter.  At the moment, the high for this week has been in the 20s.    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.    Luckily, no snow of yet.

Ah... our predicted high was 82 this week, near record, but I don't know if it got quite that high.  I have a friend who's from Montana, though, and I've heard about that weather from her.