Favorite One-liner

Rate this topic

Guest Denno

Ah... our predicted high was 82 this week, near record, but I don't know if it got quite that high.  I have a friend who's from Montana, though, and I've heard about that weather from her.

The thing I don't like about the lower east coast of the USA is that there is too much humidity.   I was in South Carolina for a couple of months in 1999.    I like montana hot weather better because usually you don't get as much humidity as you do down in the southern part of the US.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest LauraKrycek
The thing I don't like about the lower east coast of the USA is that there is too much humidity.   I was in South Carolina for a couple of months in 1999.    I like montana hot weather better because usually you don't get as much humidity as you do down in the southern part of the US.

Well, if you don't like humidity, definitely never go to Japan.  The humidity's like a presence.  I get used to it here, I guess, but there it's stifling.  There needs to be a happy medium, not as humid as here but not as dry as, say, Arizona.  Now that's some hardcore dryness.

Well, if you don't like humidity, definitely never go to Japan.  The humidity's like a presence.  I get used to it here, I guess, but there it's stifling.  There needs to be a happy medium, not as humid as here but not as dry as, say, Arizona.  Now that's some hardcore dryness.

I plan to visit Japan one of these days.    Humidity probably is getting to me since I broke my wrist (twice in high school) and various scrapes (and brusies) from bike riding years ago.  

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Guest PROVO_SIX

Honto desu yo ka ne?  Omosiroi!  Me too...

I studied Japanese for a few years and abandoned it for all out immersion in Spanish.  Japanese history and culture used to be quite the interest...still is.

New Orleans in July is a killa!  In the Army, I was stationed in Colorado and absolutely loved the climate.  Desert operations were conducted in Death Valley California...hot...HOT but more tolerable than Pennsylvania with high humidity and high 90s.  Likewise, Colorado snow and near zero is more tolerable than Pennsylvania 33 degrees and raining...runs through ya.

Guest LauraKrycek

Honto desu yo ka ne?  Omosiroi!  Me too...

I studied Japanese for a few years and abandoned it for all out immersion in Spanish.  Japanese history and culture used to be quite the interest...still is.

New Orleans in July is a killa!  In the Army, I was stationed in Colorado and absolutely loved the climate.  Desert operations were conducted in Death Valley California...hot...HOT but more tolerable than Pennsylvania with high humidity and high 90s.  Likewise, Colorado snow and near zero is more tolerable than Pennsylvania 33 degrees and raining...runs through ya.

LOL, I don't actually speak Japanese... well, okay, I speak very little (choto?  or is it kocho?).  But it's a wonderful place, despite the humidity.  And everyone there is SO incredibly nice and helpful.  I didn't meet a single rude person, just people in a hurry.

And bleh for the described Philly weather... gonna stay away from there!

Guest LauraKrycek
tioto/choto...or skoshi  = little or small.

AHA yay I had it right!  I remember that for someone telling me how to say "wait a minute"... choto motay (I didn't learn how to spell things, just how to say them).

I would like to visit the video arcades in Japan (after seeing a cool arcade in the movie Wasabi).

Anyway, one of my favorite lines from Forever Knight which I'm watching on DVD is:

Schanke: "The way to a woman's heart is buy her underwear."

Funny line.   Lacroix has some cool lines too (LaCroix would make for an interesting dinner guest as long as you're not for dinner).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell