You Know You've Been Watching Too Much Millennium When...

Rate this topic

Guest Polaroid Stalker
Message added by The Old Man

This is a classic thread from way back in 2003! Add your thoughts as to when you know..! 

Guest Polaroid Stalker

You Know You've Been Watching Too Much MM When...

1. You bust out laughing every time you read these things.

2. You wonder why there isn't any books by Onan Goopta at the Barnes & Noble in town.

3. You keep an eye on those four old guys who sit in the booth at the donut shop...

4. You start asking whether the food they serve at lunch hasn't been tainted with Marburg PRP.

5. You go for your gun every time you hear a click in the living room.

6. You really DON'T want to go to a funeral after seeing "Blood Relatives."

7. You start wondering if Galen Calloway was with the KKK (what with the burning cross and all).

8. You start playing "Love is Blue" in an endless cycle on your stereo to drive your parents insane...

Every day at work... Hum, every 30 min would be more accurate! Especially when debates are on the way. It is not rare from me to begin a reply in the morning and post it only in the afternoon, adding bits of it from time to time when I can. As for the addiction: in fact I would feel empty if I had to stop it!! Need for a cure!

Regards

OMG!  I must realy have it bad, then! (lol)  I've been cleaning all day and am dead tired, and kept telling myself...  "When I get done, I can go check out TIWWA~"  

:laugh_big:  :rofl:  :wink_big:  :bigsmile:  :smily_tooth_big:

"You know you've been watching too much Millennium when....."

In the middle of "public relations" and "mutual admiration" with another certain individual.... :wink_big:  You suddenly begin quoting lines spoken in the opening scene of the Piolet episode of Millennium, by Calamaty.....  :eyebrows_big: And then stop to try to remember the other girls name, that Frank is talking to later! :tongue:  :rofl:

Guest metlakatla
When putting your name on a restaurant's waiting list you give a name from the show (screening for other fans when the hosts call it out) "Roedecker, party of one." "Marburg, party of 74." etc.etc.

Guest Sixth Seal

You know you've been watching too much Millennium when

. . . you have the Millennium Countdown screensaver, and it's set to the next possible starting point of Daniel's Seventieth Week (yes, I'm really that kind of apocalyptic nut, albeit one who likes to keep his tongue planted firmly in his cheek).   :bigsmile:

. . . you like to come home from a hard day at work and turn on all of your TVs and radios to different news stations at the same time.

. . . you prefer to work with all of the lights off, except for the one desk lamp right over your computer screen . . .

. . . in an unfinished basement.

. . . you use apocalyptic references, SGIP, or TTIN for your passwords and PINs.

. . . you talk to a Scientologist, and the only thing running through your head is the opening monologue from Jose Chung's Doomsday Defence.

. . . a homeless guy on the street rambles random words under his breath as he passes you, and you just know that he knows something important.

. . . blonde twins (or even siblings that just happen to look a lot alike) give you the willies.

Guest Sixth Seal

You know you've been watching too much MillenniuM when....

* You have ideas for a revival MM and can just see the opening credits....December 22, 2012  WAIT... WORRY... WHO CARES......?

:Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large:  

lol  I like it.  I've been working off-and-on on writing my own apocalyptic fiction, and I've been eyeing Dec. 22, 2012 as the end-date just for the fun of it.  Alternatively, I might use 2060 as a sort of homage to the Owls.

:thinking_big:

Guest metlakatla
When any new television show or movie dealing with the Endtime, God, Evil or the unseen (the Order, Joan of Arcadia, Miracles, Frailty, Nothing Sacred et al) is measured against Millennium in terms of quality, how it fits into the Mm mythos and the critical "Frank would have already/never would have..." factor (eg. when you yell "You call that Evil?! Frank would have already deciphered the symbology, nailed the dirtbag and gotten gas in the cherokee  all  without having an emotional episode you flatlevers!" at the television then break into tears as you  remember yet again how much you hate Fox). Speaking of which, God I hate Fox.

When any new television show or movie dealing with the Endtime, God, Evil or the unseen (the Order, Joan of Arcadia, Miracles, Frailty, Nothing Sacred et al) is measured against Millennium in terms of quality, how it fits into the Mm mythos and the critical "Frank would have already/never would have..." factor (eg. when you yell "You call that Evil?! Frank would have already deciphered the symbology, nailed the dirtbag and gotten gas in the cherokee  all  without having an emotional episode you flatlevers!" at the television then break into tears as you  remember yet again how much you hate Fox). Speaking of which, God I hate Fox.

:laugh_big: I do this all the time!  It seemed like there was a rush on "Millennium copy-cats" for quite a while, and I wanted to take a baseball bat to the tv every time I saw something and thought... "No WAY would Frank have done that!"  Or "no WAY that would've happened if Frank was around!"  etc. :frank_black: