Your very favourite episode of MillenniuM?

Rate this topic

What is your very favourite MillenniuM episode ever?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With about 70 votes in, the episodes that got any votes at all are:

Pilot/2000

Gehenna

The Well Worn Lock

The Wild and the Innocent

Sacrament

Lamentation

Maranatha

Beware the Dog

Monster

Curse of Frank Black

Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense

Hand of St. Sebastion

Midnight of the Century

Luminary

The Mikado

Owls

Roosters

In Arcadia Ego

Anamneses

Somehow Satan Got Behind Me

The Fourth Horseman

Though a Glass, Darkly

Borrowed Time

Sound of Snow

Seven and One

These are interesting picks. It seems like the episodes people enjoy are the ones that deal heavily with:

Franks life/character - Pilot, Gehenna, Sacrament, Lamentation, Curse of Frank Black, Midnight of the Century, Barrowed Time, Seven and One

The Millennium Group/factions/subpots - Beware the Dog, Midnight of the Century, Hand of St. Sebatian, Owls, Roosters, Anamneses, Fourth Horseman, Sound of Snow, Seven and One

Humourous story lines - Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense, Somehow Satan Got Behind Me

Real world (semi-real world) themes, situations, or problems -Well Worn Lock, Wild and the Innocent, Moster, Luminary, The Mikado, In Arcadia Ego, Through a Glass, Darkly

Or, various manifestations or subplots of evil/Legion: Gehenna, Sacrament, Lamentation, Maranatha, Beware the Dog, Curse of Frank Black, Seven and One

I was also tempted to add a category for episodes involving Laura Means prominently, because out of all the eps picked from 2nd season, she was a major character in six of them.

This is obviously meant as a simplification. I know there are many more intricate, subtle, and indepth reasons why individuals like certain episodes.

Did any of the above catagories figure into the reasons for people picking the episodes which they picked?

Guest LadyBlack

As for The Mikado..if i remember, the episode was somewhat based on the Zodiac Killer who terrorized the San Francisco Bay Area from 1966 to 1974. So far the best site i have found is obviously www.zodiackiller.com there you will find just about everything you need to know about him. There are even two pictures on the website that represent images somewhat similar to what the suspect in The Mikado was wearing.

another parallel  is that the origional Zodiac killer sent 4 cryptograms to the police, only one of them was ever solved...i have included as an attachment a copy of one of the cyrptograms sent by the killer..following is one of the 20 or so letters sent to the police by the Zodiac...

This is the Zodiac speaking. In answer to your asking for more details about the good times I have had in Vallejo, I shall be very happy to supply even more material. By the way, are the police having a good time with the code? If not, tell them to cheer up; when they do crack it, they will have me.

fourhorseman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello there, thank you for your welcome. I have been happily posting on another part of the board for a short time now, but I need to be able to watch "Luminary" before I can make any more comments - ah well, not long to wait now, I hope. It probably just needs a clean, this is a lesson to me to never leave my DVD's out their case!

I was watching "Copycat" last night, and in that Sigourney Weaver's character comments on the psychology of the serial killer. I guess it's becoming a bit cliched now (oh, serial killers! Cliched! Good grief!) but your average SK seems to need the adulation of the public as well as the feelings they can invoke from their victims. I suppose when they started, the most heightened feeling they could expect was from the people they killed, but now they get an added bonus of the television, newspapers, radio and of course the internet. I wonder if anyone of them realise how easy it is to get a mention on the web, or whether they would still get a kick out of it.

I'll have a look at those websites when I get a chance, but most of my internetting is done at work, so I don't think it will go down too well to let people know I'm looking at serial killers!

I want to know about the cryptogram, I'll check that out. I haven't a hope of solving it, but it sounds fascinating. Presumably it has nothing to do with pixel variation since they managed to crack one. Well, the Zodiac killer seems to fit the profile though, very arrogant, note his reference to not making the front page. I wonder about the spelling mistakes, whether they were deliberate to cover up intelligence - or even if the police reported them as mistakes, in order that the killer would get angry, try and defend himself.

• 1 month later...
Guest zombieromero

Owls and Roosters were fun, but nothing beats the Pilot episode of Millennium! I still haven't seen a pilot which is better!

:ouro:

Guest Frank L.
Owls and Roosters were fun, but nothing beats the Pilot episode of Millennium! I still haven't seen a pilot which is better!

Sorry to go off-topic here, but I just have to say this :wink:

I don't think I could ever choose between the pilots of Twin Peaks, The X-Files or MillenniuM. They're all fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...