Your very favourite episode of MillenniuM?

Rate this topic

What is your very favourite MillenniuM episode ever?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Corr Blimey as Sid James used to say,

Who'd have thought Mikado would be leading by a possibly severed nose? I honestly expected PPTD or Lamentation to romp home given the esteem with which these two are regarded and never in my wildest imagination did I think that the forerunners to the crown would herald from Season Two. I know time brings trends and modes and its passing may yet see a swing towards other episodes and Seasons but I for one am delighted to see recognition for 'The Curse of Frank Blank' which is a piece of pure artistry the like of which I haven't seen on TV since. Millennium not only told its stories but it explored the way stories were told and for that reason such a daring and ultimately successful tale deserves such warm kudos.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.
You have already voted in this poll.

Then tell me which episode got my vote!

.. anyone can tell me? (elders?)

Laran,

Maybe we could encourage a little discussion here if you can find the time to tell us what you think you would have voted for. As I mentioned earlier there are definite trends evident here at TIWWA and whilst the current state of the poll suggests a prominent appreciation for the second season my instinct is, as members come and members go, there is a much more balanced appreciation these days of the series as a whole. It would be nice to take a snapshot of where we are at right now and it would be lovely for new members who haven't voted in this poll to cast their gaze upon it and let us know what they think. Whilst Curse and Mikado may have been 'all the rage' when this poll was first created I am sure that episodes like Seven and One and The Sound of Snow could give them a run for their money due to the renaissance Season Three has undergone of late. If you haven't already voted: get cracking guys and make sure your own opinion is heard.

Best wishes,

Eth

• 4 weeks later...

Ouch. I had to cry on this one. I'm a big fan of Owls and Roosters, with The Time Is Now falling in a close second. Why are the two parters separate entities? If you didn't see one, you might not have understood the other...

Wow, how can you pick just one? Since 'Owls' and 'Roosters' are listed seperately, I had to go with 'Hand of Saint Sebastian'.

However tomorrow or next week I'll probably latch onto another episode.

However over the years I keep coming back to 'Saint Sebastian'. It would have made a good 2 parter.

'Owls' & 'Roosters' was so good it could have been a stand alone movie.

• 1 year later...

I decided to pick Broken World. It's a very well done episode. I like the chemistry between the horse doctor and Frank Black. And Van Quattro's performance as Willi is just creepy. And I like how we see his progression as a "psycho sexual killer". This episode was a bit of the killer of the week, but I liked the setting. And it did sort of re-invent the killer of the week, we saw a progression, not just senseless killings by someone unknown. We got to know and understand why Willi did these things, it's awful to see. I do get chills when I see Lance make that growl face when Willi hangs up on him after saying to him that "it felt good what I did" and "I know I have the power!". A great standalone episode, free of gimmicks, me thinks.

Very hard to pick just one when there are so many great episodes, so I asked myself, "Which one could you watch over and over again?" For me personally, the answer is "Anamnesis."

Agreed. I love them all, I really do, but I find an additional dimension in Anamnesis every time I watch it. It has to be given kudos for no reason other than it's an episode of a TV show that is so entrenched in its lead character you woudl assume a Frank-free episode would be an absolute turkey and yet it is a fan favourite and deserves to be so.

Eth