MillenniuM "AND" HR DVD news...

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

I love this little tidbit from the chat transcript:

<Greg_P> Hi Peter, I just got here so I apologize in advance if this

question has been asked before: Any plans to release the short lived

sci fi tv shows Alien Nation or Space Above and Beyond?  Two great

scifi shows that never got their just due.  Thanks.

<peterstaddon> Hi Greg, Space above and Beyond should be launched

just for Rebbeca Gayheart! It might well be out in the later part of

the year. Alien nation is one I would have to check to see if we still

have the rights and if we do we ill be launching it. An easy question

to end on.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/fox2004.txt

so we might see SAAB released in the second half of the year (fingers crossed).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

from the transcript from "The Rooster"

"Space A&B might be out in the not too

distant future"

im glad they haven't forgotten about the show.

19:19

Guest Second Coming

We didn't get the aspect ratio question in. So I guess it will be a surprise when it comes out. I'm really shocked that Harsh Realm is coming out. It almost makes me wonder if they've been reading this forum. No word on Lone Gunmen, I bet that has more to do with PC issues though. And it's good to see the talks of Space Above And Beyond. Everyone here had better buy and support the Millennium Season 1 dvd release. Even if you have to mow some yards, wash dishes, clean houses, etc.... You better find a way to buy this set, since we've asked and begged for it for years. It would be a tragedy if season 1 was released and didn't sell well enough to warrant season 2 and season 3 from being released.

well its about time its seems like we have been waiting for this for a

millenium

and it sounds like first season will be coming out by itself

yes at long last

wahoo

Guest lilblackgirl

I'm just as stoked about this as everyone else, but does the IGN DVD editor's comments piss anyone else off? I interacted with him during the voting and he sent me emails about what he considered a 'ballot stuffing' scam. His specific quote is this:

The Most Wanted DVD is the most annoying situation. A lot of you will be left scratching your heads over the winner. What happened is a fan site for the old series Millennium got wind of this poll and engaged in a little ballot box stuffing. Dozens of letters came in simply casting a vote in the Most Wanted category for the show, and they didn't vote for anything else. Eventually I figured out where this was coming from.

Should I have disqualified them? They did bother to vote, after all and I can't disqualify them for only voting in one category when I made it clear you didn't have to vote in every category to quality. The fact is, these folks are fanatical in their devotion to a long-cancelled show, and what the heck, if My Big Fat Greek Life warrants a DVD release, why not a show that ran three years?

Now i certainly don't want to bring anyone down on this glorious day, but does anyone else wanna go key his car with me? :gaba:

Sorry, just had to release some aggression. WAHOOOOO!!!!! IT'S FINALLY COMING!!!!!!

Lil

Guest Yaponchik
We didn't get the aspect ratio question in.  So I guess it will be a surprise when it comes out. I'm really shocked that Harsh Realm is coming out. It almost makes me wonder if they've been reading this forum. No word on Lone Gunmen, I bet that has more to do with PC issues though. And it's good to see the talks of Space Above And Beyond. Everyone here had better buy and support the Millennium Season 1 dvd release. Even if you have to mow some yards, wash dishes, clean houses, etc.... You better find a way to buy this set, since we've asked and begged for it for years. It would be a tragedy if season 1 was released and didn't sell well enough to warrant season 2 and season 3 from being released.

Hell I couldn't agree more. Especially since Peter explicitly mentions only season one for now. And further "I hope it sells as I pushed this

through some sceptical people in the office." :eyes: Very frightning suggestions; there are evil forces at work at FOX and Peter is our Frank Black. So don't throw away those season 2 and 3 offers yet, Seven&One! :praying:

Everybody start saving money, BUY IN BULK !! MM is an obligatory Christmas present for everyone that I know to be potentially interested. A suggestion for the forum: not only the number of mails, but also the number of sets bought should be added next to our names!!! :rofl:

Guest Yaponchik
I love this little tidbit from the chat transcript:

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/fox2004.txt

so we might see SAAB released in the second half of the year (fingers crossed).

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

Actually I think this is shitty news as I gave up on a SAAB DVD set and bought a master copy set only recently. If the set has extra's worth it and has region coding for Europe, I might still buy it.

MM I will buy anyway, anyhow, even if I have to buy a new multiregion player for that (I have a combo DVD video player from LG that seems hard to hack into multiregion; apparently you need to insert a CDR with specific software for that model.... :angry:

Guest Second Coming

The guy on IGN also had this to say:

Most Wanted DVD Release

Chris Carter's Millennium (1996-99)

With Star Wars, Seinfeld and Schindler's List coming, it's rare to find a title with universal demand. I've already explained what happened with this DVD. Before you complain, hey, it's called getting out the vote. The Millennium fans got out the vote.

Most Wanted Votes

Millennium 122

Schindler's List 8

Seinfeld 7

122? That rules. I didn't even vote in that poll.