MillenniuM "AND" HR DVD news...

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

We'll have to do what the Selphosophists did and buy multiple copies of the DVD to get it onto the bestseller lists and to ensure the release of Seasons 2 and 3 . . . those of us with Money Trees growing in our back gardens at any rate.

Guest severian

:ouro:

i am very pleased to be here, especially on the heels of such good news.

it is about time for us to receive our hearts desire. but i must disagree with the man from fox, or the suit, and go on record as saying that season two of MillenniuM is the best television ever produced. of course season one's "Lamentation" does fall into that category rather well. let us all hope that MillenniuM will not fall prey to the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" syndrome and only have one season released.

plus i would like to express my appreciation for the downloads provided. i use the "Second Coming" as my background and the "tiwwa, there are 765 days remaining" as my screen saver on my mobile unit in my police car. it makes me smile nearly every time i look at it. :ouro:

Severian,

If you want to use colour and font tags you have to close them afterwards by typing

[/font] [/color]

or by selecting your text and hitting the colour or font buttons and it will edit the text inserting the closing tags for you automatically.

Regards,

Graham.

Edited by severian

:makingeyes: I am extremely excited that the DVD will be out this year. Hopefully they are going to be able to do a full length movie to explain what happened after the Finale episode. I think people are finally ready to understand the true meaning of the show. :ouro:

Guest Second Coming
We'll have to do what the Selphosophists did and buy multiple copies of the DVD to get it onto the bestseller lists and to ensure the release of Seasons 2 and 3 . . . those of us with Money Trees growing in our back gardens at any rate.

Hahahaha, thanks that was a great mental picture. Hahahaha, me sneaking around in Best Buy and grabbing a bunch of copies to buy.

Even in the unfortunate event that we only get S1 - at least we have Se7en's DVD project to complete our collections. For that we should always be thankful.

live long and prosper.

fisbin :wink:

I know I will be buying this for sure. Despite the fact that I have all the episodes on VHS. The tapes just don't hold up. I have all the X-Files seasons that they've released so far on DVD and I think Fox did an awesome job on those. Oh, how I have waited for this day to come! I'm pretty sure I'll be buying HR also.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlakNo1

Again, hello one and all!

I also despaired that we would ever see the DVD's as well. This is definitely a good portent of things to come, as regards to a potential final mini-series.

But, let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Guest Unseelie

First time post...

Does anyone know what effect the inclusion of 'popular music' to episodes of MM is likely to have on the DVD set?

I ask because it's caused problems for other shows... WKRP in Cincinati is likely to have a new soundtrack with all of the pop songs removed because of the cost of royalties involved with released it to DVD.

Otherwise, I'll order it the day it's available to be ordered on Amazon. Just bought the soundtrack off of iTMS last night.

• Elders (Admins)

Hi welcome to TIWWA! May it be the first of many posts!

To answer your question, I'll quote from the recent online interview with Fox's Peter Staddon:

<MichaelSliger> Just curious to get some more info about the Millennium DVD

release.  There were some rumors last year claiming that there was some music

clearance issues surrounding these episodes (presumably more a problem in Season 2,

when more popular music tracks were integrated into the show).  Any reality

behind these rumors (and if so, is this why the series has taken a while to get

out the door)?

<peterstaddon> There were a number of reasons delaying the release. Part of

it was waiting for TV DVD to take off and have a bigger audience for the set

to sell against and part of it was waiting until we had the X Files finished.

The music clearances on this one are nothing compared to some of the other

titles, so that wasn't really a factor. I hope it sells as I pushed this

through some sceptical people in the office.

Also, on the subject of WKRP (a show I haven't seen):

<DavidLambert> Thanks for coming! As always I'm asking about plans for TV-DVDs.

Fox did a great job shaking loose Roswell & In Living Color! What's being done

to shake loose other hold-ups? Ex's: Ally McBeal, Boston Public, Wonder Years,

WKRP, Batman, Gr. Hornet, Lone Gunmen, Space A&B, MTMoore S2, & Malcolm S2?

<peterstaddon> Hi David, most of the shows you mention have huge music clearance

costs. WKRP is obviously music driven, but think of the music in a full season of

Ally Mcbeal. We are working on reducing the costs but it's difficult to do that

and retain the integrity of the show. Space A&B might be out in the not too

distant future. Batman is tied up in legal and licensing rights hell.  MTM2 is

a possibility but no certain at this stage.

Regards,

Graham :ouro: