MillenniuM "AND" HR DVD news...

Rate this topic

Guest se7en

I didn't notice that thing about the poll when i skimmed through the transcript! I guess to take it in context he was explaining to the simpsons lovers the poll results and it wasn't a jab at us. Otherwise he would have described us as a "pathetic, pitiful back waters fansite" I think he redeemed himself though when he said that (1) He thinks "the first season of millennium is some of the finest TV ever produced" (2) He had to persuade some sceptical people to release this DVD

Guest Second Coming
I didn't notice that thing about the poll when i skimmed through the transcript!  I guess to take it in context he was explaining to the simpsons lovers the poll results and it wasn't a jab at us.  Otherwise he would have described us as a "pathetic, pitiful back waters fansite" I think he redeemed himself though when he said that (1) He thinks "the first season of millennium is some of the finest TV ever produced" (2) He had to persuade some sceptical people to release this DVD

Jordan sorry we confused you. We're talking about a poll on IGN.com, not the Peter Staddon online chat.

Well, I know this is old news by now, but I just got on-line, and so it's NEW to me!

I'm on this mailing list, to be notified about MM on DVD, and just got a link in my e-mail that led to this report... (some news is worth repeating)

About those Millennium DVDs you've been wanting...

Posted by David Lambert

1/13/2004

Peter Staddon, SVP of marketing at 20th Century Fox, was kind enough to spend time last night at a live online chat, sponsored and hosted by the super staff over at The Home Theater Forum. He was asked a LOT of TV-on-DVD related questions, and tonight I hope to bring you the complete wrap-up.

Mr. Staddon was asked a couple of times about Millennium, and DVD releases for it. Staddon's replies were very positive, and made it clear in no uncertain terms that he is a fan of this show. Millennium has come up at these chats in the past, and each time Staddon indicated his desire to get it released. During this chat, though, it was explained that Fox was wanting to get finished with The X-Files DVD releases first, and also allow time for TV DVD to really take off so that a Millennium release will be better supported by consumers. He also mentioned that he had to "push this through some sceptical (sic) people in the office", and so he really hopes it sells.

So yes, indeedy...Millennium "will be out on DVD this year", in Staddon's own words. GREAT news, indeed. We'll let you know all about it, just as soon as an official announcement is made (probably a few months after X-Files - Season 9 is addressed, which should be soon, as that release is Spring 2004). Stay tuned!

Link to this page:

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=964 Millennium

Guest The Roosters
The Most Wanted DVD is the most annoying situation. A lot of you will be left scratching your heads over the winner. What happened is a fan site for the old series Millennium got wind of this poll and engaged in a little ballot box stuffing. Dozens of letters came in simply casting a vote in the Most Wanted category for the show, and they didn't vote for anything else. Eventually I figured out where this was coming from.

Should I have disqualified them? They did bother to vote, after all and I can't disqualify them for only voting in one category when I made it clear you didn't have to vote in every category to quality. The fact is, these folks are fanatical in their devotion to a long-cancelled show, and what the heck, if My Big Fat Greek Life warrants a DVD release, why not a show that ran three years? The reason for so few votes for Schindler's List and Seinfeld is word has gotten out both are coming, so people didn't bother to vote.

Let him be mad. We voted and Millennium won. The thing here to say is "He can kiss my ass" Millennium Rocks!

BooHoo Link

Let him be mad. We voted and Millennium won. The thing here to say is "He can kiss my ass" Millennium Rocks!

Score 1 for the underdogs!!!

See? This is proof that a only a few people CAN make a difference! :thumbsup_big::wink_big:

Guest lilblackgirl
"He can kiss my ass"

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I would like to say one thing, and that's about se7en's DVD work. I'd like to take my hat off to se7en and all of his hard work and effort and his unwaivering passion and drive to help us keep our love for a truly extraordinary show in its downtime.

Thanks man! :thumbsup_big:

Of course it is too early to speculate on releases of Season Two or Three (!) but I would imagine that times have changed since the release of VHS UK versions.

First of all, this is absolutely fantastic news. It's what I've been waiting for. It's what we've ALL been waiting for. :)

I do need to reply to the comment regarding seasons 2 and 3 -- there are shows where later season releases have been canned (eg Larry Sanders) or are uncertain (eg Twin Peaks) due to disappointing sales of the initial releases.

Hopefully Millennium's first season will sell well enough to justify a second season release, and this in turn will sell well enough to justify the third. Good marketting will, of course, definitely help out here.

Anyway - I'm VERY excited about this release. I can't rave enough about how excited, so I won't even try. ;)