The virtual Season 4

Rate this topic

Guest WaveCrest

• 3 months later...

I've just read Twilight Years and I have to admit, i'm hooked. There is just so much care and attention put into these scripts, that you can SEE them in front of you, imagine them on screen. It's some of the best fan-fiction I have ever read, of any show.

I'd have to say my favourite episode thus far is The First Prophet, though Blood and Water comes damn close. They're all good, to be fair. Feels much like S2, a growing sense of plot throughout.

My one gripe is that Peter Watts was killed off, he's my favourite Millennium character, mainly because of the awesome TO'Q, who's one of the finest character actors in the world. The new characters work well, though. Finley is typically Group-nebulous and Ryan Frost is a good occassional companion to Frank.

I'd love for someone to pick up the baton and do a Virtual Season 5. I'm a writer myself and I'd love to be part of it. Would anybody be interested in getting this started?...

My one gripe is that Peter Watts was killed off, he's my favourite Millennium character, mainly because of the awesome TO'Q, who's one of the finest character actors in the world. The new characters work well, though. Finley is typically Group-nebulous and Ryan Frost is a good occassional companion to Frank.

I'd love for someone to pick up the baton and do a Virtual Season 5. I'm a writer myself and I'd love to be part of it. Would anybody be interested in getting this started?...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There has been a lot of debate as to whether Peter is actualy dead. Many have wondered (as I do) if he would have resurfaced if MM had come back for a 4th season on tv.

About your desire to write... I have to say GO FOR IT!!! :clapping:

• 1 year later...
Guest CJ450

Ok picture this as an opener for a virtual S4 / S5 Episode

A small dusty (1 horse type town) Mexican village square, the Camera (or our POV) pans across to the cantina, and continues over the floor to a dishevelled figure sat in the corner, the camera (POV) looks up and we see reading (mumbling to himself) a vacant looking but very much alive ... Peter Watts.

I'm not in denial, no way, never, no way!!

• 3 months later...
Guest limebunneh
Ok picture this as an opener for a virtual S4 / S5 Episode

A small dusty (1 horse type town) Mexican village square, the Camera (or our POV) pans across to the cantina, and continues over the floor to a dishevelled figure sat in the corner, the camera (POV) looks up and we see reading (mumbling to himself) a vacant looking but very much alive ... Peter Watts.

I'm not in denial, no way, never, no way!!

I'm surprised they didn't keep Peter Watts alive! Did Lara Means return also? If there ever was a virtual season 5 count me in, I'm a writer too. I haven't read the VS yet, but I have it saved in my faves. I'll probably read it sometime this week :yes:

• 2 months later...
Guest AngeloShrine

Wow, it's great reading all of these old posts on the VS4. I was a huge fan of the show back in 1999 (my old name back then was Giebs). I've since gone on to write my own virtual comedy series Weeki Wachee, for which I named one of the recurring characters Father Owendorf, after Dan Owen and Matt Asendorf!

Anyone heard from those guys in a while? What about some of the other writers? Andrew Denst? Kevin Patterson? Anne Andrews? Etc?

As you all know by now, there is a fifth season of Millennium, and so far it's off to a glowing start. I'll be writing two episodes of the season, and I couldn't be more proud of the work that's being done on this show. Looking forward to hearing from anyone!

Angelo Shrine

• 6 months later...
Guest CM2775

Hi all - am new to the fan forum, and wanted to inroduce myself by adding to an existing thread. Nice to meet ya all!

I was a huge fan of this show when I was attending school for one of my undergraduate degrees, but because it aired on Friday nights in Ohio, I never got to see most of the episodes. I was browsing at the video store a couple of months ago, and saw that they were carrying Seasons 2 and 3, so my girlfriend and I rented them and watched them over that time.

I was hooked all over again, and heard mention in Wikipedia that there was a fourth season written by the fans. I just got done reading the first one, "Genesis". I thought it was pretty good, and read like one of the T.V. shows would. There were a couple of things I wasn't happy about.

The first was the treatment of Emma Hollis. Even though she was inducted into the group at the end of Season 3, she never trusted them. She did it only to save her father's life. In addition, she was treated like a groupie of Frank Black in Season 3, counted on him and what he said about the group implicitly, and quickly shared Frank's deep mistrust of Peter Watts, reinforced during the Episode "Skull and Bones". It seems crazy that she would turn on a dime, and be at odds with Frank Black so strongly.

I also have a problem with her being refused the promotion she was promised. There was never any discussion of race in the conversation (which would have been a great entry point to a smaller subplot with her career in the FBI), and was left with the impression the Hollis got slighted simply because the new script writer didn't like her character much, or the fact she was a woman, or black, or both. Emma Hollis from the T.V. show would NEVER have left that conversation at face value, and I could have seen her resigning immediately upon having the news told to her in that manner. There was simply no justification ever given in the script, especially after her employer (the Federal Government, which is unionized) had promised the job.

I didn't particularly like the introduction of Frank's brother. It seemed inconsistent with the Christmas episode in Season 2 where Frank went home to discuss the circumstances of his mother's death with his estranged father. Although it was never expressely put out there, it certainly left me with the impression that Frank was an only child.

There was also a serious lack of police work and action which were hallmarks of the show. The plot doesn't necessarily have to go much of anywhere, but a couple of break-ins, the suggested violence of the hits that had been carried out, and a search of an abandoned building don't really seem to be enough.

That said, there were a number of really outstanding points in the script. I'm keeping it short because the laundry list is simply too long.

I like that the episode borrowed heavily from Season 2 and 3 plot themes, it helped the transition to the new writing seem authentic. I really enjoyed the opening monologue and visuals. I liked the cryptic references to the Book of Genesis. I've had a chance to read a couple of other reviews, and strongly disagree with them about this point, there were many episodes of Millenium that never tied the opening monologues too strongly to the story (Season 2, Episode 1 for instance), but left them as allusions to details or turning points within the script. I also really enjoyed the addition Detective Ryan, who was marvelously written in.

Anybody else had a chance to write a review of this? What did you think, or do you have a link?

• 11 months later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Hi,

The VS-4 is one of the gems now lost as the Abyss has well, fallen into the Abyss.

You can find the episodes via the Internet Archive.

I'll see if we can get permission to host them, so they won't be lost forever.

UPDATED: Link has been updated. You can now find the VS-4 episodes here:

https://www.fourthhorsemanpress.com/Abyss/Fiction/VS4.htm

Guest Doctor Paragon
Hi,

The VS-4 is one of the gems now lost as the Abyss has well, fallen into the Abyss.

You can find the episodes via the Internet Archive.

Direct link here.

I'll see if we can get permission to host them, so they won't be lost forever.

The new link at Four Horseman Press works just fine. I now have a copy of them archived just in case.

Thanks for the assistance though Sir.