Guest Forza

With all of the talent and various interests and expertises we have here, we ought to start up our own criminal consulting group. Any ideas for a name? :wink:

Edited by Forza
  • Elders (Moderators)

I'm Libby (aka Liz at home, Elizabeth at work - I love having a name with variations to use in different areas of my life).

I have a Bachelor's in Philosophy (I was a student in my thirties).

Previous to that I worked as a secretary then full-time Mum. Currently working as a medical secretary but shortly to resign from my full-time job and work elsewhere in the hospital on an as-need basis.

What else? Well, wife to retired accountant who now spends most of his time on the golf course, mother (as much as I'm allowed :wink: ) to a 28 year old and 25 year old, both Comp.Sci graduates. Slave (they wish!) to two cats. Been seeing a counsellor for the last five years ever since I got to the stage of not being able to even get out of the house to buy cigarettes without psyching myself up.

Future plans: to be able to get on a train and go wherever I wish. (UKers: Oxford, Blackwells, oooh, if I got there I'd probably want to stay forever.)

Hi. For those who don't already know this story...here you go...for those who do...Why are you reading it again? I can't be THAT interesting! :tongue:

My name is Erin McRaven (McRaven's not my real last name, but with my dislike of my real last name, I came up with this one.) I'm 30, living in Georgia, single (STILL), and have been in an early mid-life crisis since my car wreck in 1992. LOL That's a nice way of saying I am partialy disabled from said car wreck, and have been trying to build up my self-esteem enough to even know what the hell it is I want to do with the rest of my life. I know what Libby is saying about having to psyche myself up to even leave the house. I've been in a bit of a depression since my best friend was murdered on May 8th of 2000. She's the one that helped me discover Millennium in the first place! So, there's your circle. What goes around comes around....or something like that. :ouro:

spinning_o.gif

Edited by Raven Wolf
Guest Yaponchik
With all of the talent and various interests and expertises we have here, we ought to start up our own criminal consulting group.  Any ideas for a name?  :wink:

:jumping::jumping:

Let's call it THE GROUP !!

And we can have secret meetings and membership cards and secret initiation rites. :ghostface:

Guest Forza
Let's call it THE GROUP !!

And we can have secret meetings and membership cards and secret initiation rites.  :ghostface:

I'll start brushing up on my Latin!

Guest F_Black

I have a PhD in archaeology, do fieldwork in Egypt, and for a living manage databases and do research in cardiac disease/prevention for the Emergency Medical Services division in a major North American city.

Guest se7en

...."I am Elmer J. Fudd,millionaire,I own a mansion and a yacht".

...my friend Elmer wanted me to pass that along.

"THAT'S ALL FOLKS!"

se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek

My name is Laura E. Jordan, not to be confused with the radio lawyer out of D.C. If I get famous, I may change my name to Elizabeth Broadus. Keep a lookout.

I grew up in a very creative household -- my mother had always wanted to be an artist or in interior design, but she ended up mainly taking care of us and babysitting when I was very young, as she wanted to be with us (and she quit school after one year to marry my dad; she now regrets not going through and making him wait). When I was probably 8 or 9, my mom started making crafts as a side income, since she was at home anyway, and when it took off, it became our sole source of income. We still use a branch-off of that as our income now, over 10 years later.

I've always read and written like crazy, ever since I was tiny; the only problem is liking what I write. It must be better than I think it is, because last year I submitted a play to the Thornton Wilder Playwriting Award, thinking I'd get feedback on it (I wrote it the night before it was due, on a while), but ended up winning instead and getting $200, which went onto my term bill (but I never got any feedback, ironically).

When I was 11, I read "The Headless Cupid" by Zilpha Keatley Snyder and decided I wanted to play Amanda in a movie. My mother was shocked when I told her about this forever later, as I was literally THE shyest kid you'd ever meet. I came out of it some, but it was when I became involved in theatrical productions at the age of 14 (at church) that I started to break out of my shyness. My first professional performance was in February 1998, as the Elven Queen in "The Hobbit" (it sucked; I have the tape if you ever want proof!). I've known since I was 13 years old that I wanted to come to Berea College, and it was the only school I even submitted an application for.

I'm pursuing a BA in Theatre, and I hope to work in costume shops and design some on my own (I have a love for recreating costumes, namely from movies, i.e. Labyrinth and Rocky Horror -- send me a note if you want to know if I can make you something!). I do still hope to perform, though that's not been my main focus for quite some time -- I'm told I have a lot of talent, but I know I lack the self-esteem to be able to fully rely on something like that. I don't know yet if I'll go to grad school, as my grades aren't good enough to get a full scholarship at most places, and I'm so broke I actually can't afford to buy a piece of chewing gum. All of my money has to be saved to go onto my term bill next fall and to pay off my student loan from my research trip to England last summer.

My backup plan is to teach for a couple of years, then go into the FBI. I talked to an FBI agent the summer after graduating high school, and he said that I could get in with this degree. Hopefully I'll be able to support myself on working in shops and doing independant design\construction work -- I also want to be able to support my hobbies, the most recent of which is learning how to spin fiber, such as cotton or wool, into yarn. I'm only 21, so I have a little time to find a place to go, but hopefully I won't have to look too long. I've got a job for this summer (I actually start on the 20th... I'll be up there the afternoon of the 18th, though) working in costumes at the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse in Auburn, NY. I'm always full of hopes for the future!

Oh, and I found Millennium through X-Files, which I found through Brisco County Jr., and I loved them all because of a neverending love for all things strange and fantastical (unless cheesy, like those weirded out fantasy role-players and whatnot -- I don't get that stuff) that has endured my whole life.

And to close (about time, eh?), a few pictures of some of the clothes I've constructed that I'm the most proud of:

Black silk dress for Richard III (and that's me wearing it, too)

Puppet that I designed, and I made the dress entirely myself, including all of the beadwork -- and I cut myself out of the picture on purpose. It's not a good picture of me OR the puppet, unfortunately, but it's the only one I have right now. I was going to take pictures this week, but she's starring in another show right now.

Dress I made for She Stoops to Conquer... I wore one exactly like it, as seen here. But the picture of the one I made was used on all of the publicity for this season! Yay!

Guest se7en

You are a very bright,highly intellectual,creative woman and as little as i know you i expect you'll succeed in whatever you choose. that spark seems to be alive within you. ...all of us have that spark i think,it's just finding it and igniting it that can be problematic and frustrating. ...but you,M'LADY,seem to have it in spades.-(as does Erin,though i don't think she beleives it.....yet!) KUDOS! :hug03:

se7en :ouro:

Guest LauraKrycek
You are a very bright,highly intellectual,creative woman and as little as i know you i expect you'll succeed in whatever you choose.  that spark seems to be alive within you.  ...all of us have that spark i think,it's just finding it and igniting it that can be problematic and frustrating.  ...but you,M'LADY,seem to have it in spades.-(as does Erin,though i don't think she beleives it.....yet!) KUDOS! :hug03:

:p Well! You know I can never believe that, being Miss Anti-Self-Esteem, but I appreciate it immensely. But then, I don't hope to ever become a household name, I just want to be successful in what I do. And make a lot of money, so that my family won't have to worry about it anymore and so that my college will someday be able to build a new theatre; they'll have a plaque that says "Storage facilities donated by Laura E. Jordan, class of 2005." :tongue: