Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

The casting for FW is so different from the usual 1013 casting.

Yeah, there are so many young (really young) actors and actresses. It's so unusual for Carter.

• Elders (Moderators)
Yeah, there are so many young (really young) actors and actresses. It's so unusual for Carter.

??? Lots of really young actors and actresses on X-Files and Millennium (and a baby on TLG :eyes: ).

Do you mean good-looking young actors/actresses? Certainly on XF and MM where the story called for it the casting was for young, attractive people (e.g. teotwawki). But very often the nature of the story dictated that the characters/actors/actresses needed to look like ordinary people, including many old people. If this is a story based around a high school, there should be characters who spend time trying to look their best (I know I attempted at that age), characters who are into sports (not me, no way) and therefore healthy-looking (oh, I think I've just discovered where I went wrong. Bit late after all these years. :wink: )

I really do hope this project sees the light of day sometime, even on DVD. This is worse than speculation about XF2 - we might never find out what's in CC's mind this time round.

No, I mean all Fencewalker actors are in their early 20s or late 20s. And they look quite Hollywood-ish (especially Kathie Cassidy, IMO).

Yeah, Gillian was 20-something when she was cast in XF but she was supposed to play a character older than her. In previous CC's shows we saw more matured characters, like Frank Black, Peter Watts, Thomas Hobbes (he was in his early 30s, I guess), Mike Pinoccio, Gunmen, etc. We never saw 20-something person in lead role. I guess even Jimmy Bond was older than all those FW actors. :)

If this is a story based around a high school, there should be characters who spend time trying to look their best (I know I attempted at that age), characters who are into sports (not me, no way) and therefore healthy-looking (oh, I think I've just discovered where I went wrong. Bit late after all these years. wink_b.gif )

I agree with this.

I'm not saying that Carter casts wrong people. If story requires this type of characters -- it's OK. I know for sure that casting is one of the strongest CC's qualities as a filmmaker. ;) He always casts right people, IMHO. :)

Guest Laurent.
No, I mean all Fencewalker actors are in their early 20s or late 20s. And they look quite Hollywood-ish.

That's what I meant by "unusual", it's different from 1013 but closer to what we see in standard hollywood soap drama. I hope the project has something special (other than the secrecy) to make it worthy of featuring along the other great 1013-productions of the past.

Can somebody clear up a query I have? Production knowledge is not my strong point as I have never had much interest in the making of a production merely its content so I do rely on you all when I have question.

If this production doesn't have the backing of a studio does this make it likely that CC is financing the movie himself?

Best wishes,

Eth

Yes, that's the assumption, that Carter is financing all this by himself. That's why I theorized that he started working on it now because he only gathered enough cash recently -- after the mysterious lawsuit with FOX was settled. After he finishes the film, Carter will have to find a company to distribute it (ie take the reels to the movie theatres), all of which would be taken care of if it was backed by a studio. That's why there are many indie film festivals, for directors to strike deals. What are the odds that Sundance 2009 will see Carter? :D

This was posted on IMDb and I find it hilarious:

"I worked on this movie. And no one, i repeat no one, could tell me the slightest bit about the film."

LOL :)))

And after that we still want any details? ;)

Hmm, one interesting thing from Chris's new interview for French magazine "L'Ecran Fantastique":

Q: When the first movie, Fight The Future, was made in 1998, the series was at the top of its popularity; and when writing the script, you had to take into account the episodes of the series which would follow. That's not the case anymore ...

A: It sure was different for me, firstly because I directed the movie, and also because I didn't have to keep a whole engine going- the production of the episodes of the series- by submitting scripts. But at the same time, the fact of going back to work made me want to work on other projects at the same time. I think it's the way I am, working on many things at the same time.

I think he is talking about Fencewalker ("other project"). :)

Michelle MacLaren is listed as a producer on IMDb.

Michelle was co-executive producer of The X-Files (seasons 7-9), Harsh Realm, Night Stalker and she directed "John Doe" episode of The X-Files.