Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Yellow House in Bellflower? Robert Patrick? Half the script randomly forgotten? I think there's as much misinformation as information in all these Bellflower posts. There's something going on, but trust no one.

The Lone Gunmen movie? Financially and artistically, I don't see why Carter would attempt that first instead of a Millennium movie, but I guess it's a possibility. I hadn't heard that a TLG movie was even a possibility, since they so devilishly killed and with no real reason killed them off...

This Fencewalker movie could very well be something very different than Chris Carters norms but i do recall him talking about putting together a MillenniuM Movie shortly there after XF2. So all this FW stuff really has me thinking what Carter is really up to

• Elders (Moderators)
This Fencewalker movie could very well be something very different than Chris Carters norms but i do recall him talking about putting together a MillenniuM Movie shortly there after XF2. So all this FW stuff really has me thinking what Carter is really up to

Hollywood Reporter article (via the Haven):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f58f5593e8b8b9c

Chris Carter, the creator of "The X-Files," knows a thing or two about secrets. So it's no surprise that he has managed to keep his latest film project under wraps for so long.

Carter is in the midst of directing "Fencewalker," a dark drama starring several up-and-comers, including "The Tudors" star Natalie Dormer; David Cassidy's daughter, Katie Cassidy; rapper-turned-actor Xzibit; and Derek Magyar and Meckah Brooks.

Neither Carter's reps at ICM nor the actors' reps would confirm that the film is shooting, but the story is essentially a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece with no supernatural elements. (After "X-Files," Carter created the similarly spooky series "Millennium," which ran for three seasons on Fox.)

The feature is shooting in the Los Angeles area, including in Carter's hometown of Bellflower.

Carter wrote the script for what is thought to be his passion project some time ago and raised the financing himself. The film has a modest budget and no distributor at this point.

Dormer appeared in 2005's "Casanova," while Cassidy was a regular on TV's "Supernatural." Xzibit appears in Carter's upcoming "The X-Files: I Want to Believe," while Magyar is in post on the horror thriller "Train."

The veil of secrecy surrounding "Fencewalker" is not only in keeping with Carter's persona but also reminiscent of the shroud that surrounded J.J. Abrams' "Cloverfield."

Finally, some information from a source we can all agree is reliable! And even more casting details! (no Robert Patrick though)

"a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece"? How can this be tied with racial undertones and backstage politics? What aspect of Carter's life would be interesting enough to spawn an autobiography I wonder? I mean he's led a very normal surfer Californian life that didn't make it obvious he would create such dark dramas as XF & MLM. Perhaps the Hollywood Reporter's "autobiographical" is misleading.

If this is a "passion project", it's normal he's financing it. I just thought that Carter could have gathered enough budget to do it only after he settled this infamous lawsuit with FOX, so right after XF2 is the first time he has the opportunity to do it.

Guest lilblackgirl
I was wandering from website to website yesterday and I ended up on Chris Carter's IMDB page and there is a forum discussion where people from Carter's hometown of Bellflower state that he is currently shooting a movie there. The movie is being referred to by the extras as "Fence Walkers" and someone raised an interesting question. He could be secretly filming the "final shocking scene" of the XF2 away from the actual shoot of the movie to be sure that nothing is being "spied on" and end up going public; it wouldn't be that surprising with all the secrecy surrounding the actual filming.

I don't think it is possible that he is actually shooting a new movie. As far as I understood it, the two other projects he had in development were The World of Ted Serios and A Philosophical Investigation.

The last option is that none of this is true, and I should know better than to trust everything I read on the net! :doh:

According to posts from other sites who've begun to press about Fencewalkers, it's actually a brand new movie that Chris is doing. As stated in the link below, it's being shrouded in secrecy.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f58f5593e8b8b9c

EDIT: Heh, Libby beat me to the punch. Sorry for the double link post.

Edited by lilblackgirl

Guest Laurent.
Finally, some information from a source we can all agree is reliable! And even more casting details! (no Robert Patrick though)

"a coming-of-age semiautobiographical character piece"? How can this be tied with racial undertones and backstage politics? What aspect of Carter's life would be interesting enough to spawn an autobiography I wonder? I mean he's led a very normal surfer Californian life that didn't make it obvious he would create such dark dramas as XF & MLM. Perhaps the Hollywood Reporter's "autobiographical" is misleading.

If this is a "passion project", it's normal he's financing it. I just thought that Carter could have gathered enough budget to do it only after he settled this infamous lawsuit with FOX, so right after XF2 is the first time he has the opportunity to do it.

With the information we currently have, the only "autobiographical" aspect seems to be Carter's hometown. And what does "coming-of-age" mean?

Carter told many times that all his teenage years were affected by the Watergate scandal so maybe it has something to do with political aspect of the movie and hence it's autobiographical?

Guest Laurent.

Possibly. Maybe the movie is made as a big build-up of the paranoìa that we've seen in every 1013 work. I wonder what time-frame the movie is going to be set in. Any information on that?

Wow, there are Fencewalker news all over the movie sites! It feels kinda strange. Just yesterday TIWWA was almost the only place in the internet where we discussed Fencewalker and now it's everywhere. I noticed that journalists seem to be pretty much pissed off that Chris managed to film a movie in secrecy and didn't tell them anything. LOL

Laran, I always had a feeling that Fencewalker is set in present time. Nobody reported that it set in the past yet.

Carter told many times that all his teenage years were affected by the Watergate scandal so maybe it has something to do with political aspect of the movie and hence it's autobiographical?

Great call! The "autobiographical" may indeed be referring to Bellflower, but knowing Carter and his interest in politics, a Watergate-like scandal may be the focus of this movie... Since it's an indie and doesn't sound like it needs extensive postproduction it might even be ready for before the November elections!