Fencewalker

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

• Elders (Moderators)
CC relates an anecdote about Lance that I've not seen anywhere else.

And what a great anecdote that is! Very interesting article, thank you for posting it, Libby. :clapping:

• Elders (Moderators)
Yes indeed, that is a great interview, thanks Libby! The anecdote about Lance was interesting too!

Do you mind if I add this interview to the Interview archive?

I checked and I don't have one.

Thanks,

Graham

No problem, Graham. I'm going through the articles I have here and I'll let you know what other MM-related articles I've got. It was about time I sorted all this out, and today's a good day as it's raining so there's not much I can do outside.

That was a really incredible article! The best Chris Carter interview I've ever read! Just in one interview he told more things about himself than in many other interviews I've read before. Usually he is not so talkative. Once again I had a chance to see how smart this man is and once again I feel kinda proud to be a fan of his work. Thanks again, Libby.

From a fan ( 10to1ucantdancetoit 10to1ucantdancetoit) in the Haven:

I asked about Fence Walkers at the FF Panel, but because I was standing at the time, it's one question I did not get video footage of.

From what I can recall, Chris' response was to the effect of "It's not related to the new movie at all. It's a small side project I've been working on for awhile, which may or may not ever see the light of day. Just something I'd had on the back burner for awhile, and I had the opportunity to do it now, so I did."

This may not be much but so much can be deducted:

- he's been thinking about it for some time

- the opportunity to make it presented itself only after XF2 got made (enough finance was available?)

- it's being shot and it may never see the light of day? How low budget can it be? Carter is probably referring to the fact that despite the private financing it's not attached to any distribution yet (and may never do so?)

Guest Laurent.
- it's being shot and it may never see the light of day? How low budget can it be? Carter is probably referring to the fact that despite the private financing it's not attached to any distribution yet (and may never do so?)

But with Chris Carter's name (and Xzibit's) attached to it. Once it is filmed, I don't think he will have a hard time getting it distributed. Just with the attention and publicity that goes with the "by the creator of The X-Files" mention, this movie will have no problem making some money; especially if it is as low budget as we believe. My guess is that the worst that could happen is a straight-to-dvd movie.

Now I wonder if this is the "festival type" of indie film. I would love Chris to get some artistic recognition.

I finally came around to reading Libby's CC interview and I agree with everybody else's praise, it's one of the most insightful and frank interviews of him I've ever read! I never thought he allowed himself to be that straightforward. There's more like this? :tasty:

From the July/August 2008 issue of creativescreenwriting:

The two writers also recently collaborated on an as-yet-unproduced screenplay for Paramount.

Another project?

Guest Laurent.

I don't know where that quote was taken from.. or even who it is referring to. But A Philosophical Investigation was originally planned to be distributed by Paramount, maybe that hasn't changed and the movie will finally go forward.