Campaign To Persuade Fox To Make A Millennium Film

Rate this topic

Guest Sue Myatt

Hey Gang!

I was wondering. We're all signing this petition, but is anybody at Fox reading it? Does anybody know about it? Are they paying attention?

I've actually considered sending a pizza to Christ Carter with an oroborus made of pepperoni and an olive for the eye. And inside the pizza box when you lift the cover would be a message. But I haven't the foggiest on how that could be done.

Maybe an actual letter writing campaign would be worth it. Or a post card campaign.

Or maybe this...

Recreate the Millennium oroborus on a black field and then cut out the inside. Then have your photo taken looking through the hole in the centre. The send the polaroids in to Fox to the attention of Chris Carter and the people that make the decisions.

There would be a hold date so that everything would be mailed on the same date so it either arrived arround an important date, significant to the show - Frank's or Jordan's birthday or a date that something happened - or was postmarked with a significant day of the year - like October 13th = 1013!

It would have to be done in such a manner that it wouldn't be deemed a nuisance, but would also received well.

eh? Eh? EH? Whaddaya think, whaddaya think? :jumping:

OK. So, I got so into this concept I just made a promo piece, although I must admit it has also turned into a movie promo piece at the same time. As I was developing the artwork I suddenly realized that this would be the next logical move for Frank. To join his colleagues at The Trust. The Millennium Group is out for ideological reasons. The FBI is out given Hollis' position in the FBI and her "turning to the dark side". But he's still got his friends at The Trust.

Hope to see some replies!

Maxx

post-1248-1127799905_thumb.jpg

Guest noonien soong

I dont know if this petition is getting their attention at all. I am sure someone else can answer that question.

I like that idea about a campaign though, and to make sure the letters would get their attention. We would just need to get enough people to send them, and maybe that would be the hardest part. You can reach some people from this forum, but I am not sure if you could reach enough.

But as they say, if you never try you'll never know, and just sitting and doing nothing would deffinetly not help anything, so I am for it. Bring it on :bigsmile:

Edited by noonien soong

But as they say, if you never try you'll never know, and just sitting and doing nothing would deffinetly not help anything, so I am for it. Bring it on :bigsmile:

"They believe we can't just sit back and hope for a happy ending."

I've revisited the "propoganda piece" and generalized it so it doesn't refer to The Trust.

Check it out! Feedback invited.

Maxx

post-1248-1127995120_thumb.jpg

I've revisited the "propoganda piece" and generalized it so it doesn't refer to The Trust.

Check it out! Feedback invited.

Maxx

post-1248-1127995120_thumb.jpg

Before I finalize this artwork for member use and distribution, do you see any changes that should be made to it? Any edits? Any final comments?

Maxx

If we want to make a concerted effort to try and get out message across ... the time is now.

OK. As nobody has suggested any changes I have finalized the artwork. Attached find the blank template. There's a white circle on the polaroid shot for where your photo will go. There's also space under "This is Who We Are" for your email address to be added.

To do this in phototoshop open this template file. The enlcosed artwork will become the background layer.

Open a photo of you and then using the circular marquis tool centre your face in the circle you will make. Do a copy, go back to the template file and do a paste. The circular photo of you will be pasted into a new layer.

From the Edit menu select Transform, then Scale. If you press SHIFT so that the aspect ratio of the circle remains constant,push one of the corner handles towards the centre of the image to make it smaller. The objective is to make the image the same size as the circle.

Next from the Edit menu select Transform then Rotate and rotate the image so it's parallel with the bottom of the photo.

Next you'll want to add your email address. To do this select the text tool from the toolbox and click anywhere to begin typing. Type in your name and email address. When this is done you will need to rotate the text so it's parallel to the bottom of the polaroid.

To do this first change to the arrow tool. This will signal that you're finished typing. Go to Edit: Transform: Rotate. You may get a message about the text needing to be rasterized. This will turn the text into a graphic and that's OK if it does - it will just be uneditable. So rotate the text to match the polaroid, and then position it in place usin g the arrow tool.

At this point you may want to either merge layers to make it all one piece and save it or just save it if you intend to make other from the same file. If you decide to save it just change the name of the file so it doesn't overwrite the original.

Next you'll want to print it out and then to send a copy by mail to Chris Carter.

May our efforts be successful and smiled upon by those who care.

This is who we are...

post-1248-1128613339_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, signed the petition too and support the MM movie for 200%. We have waited enough and we deserve a movie. And ofcourse it helps that Lance supports the movie too, otherwise we wouldn't stand much chance i think. But a 4th series, that's a bit of wishfull thinking i guess. Isn't it?