Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

I like "Back To Black" or "Bring Black Back."

(and we have to decide who that target should be - FOX?),

I think it should be FOX.

Frank Spotnitz gave these FOX execs' names and addreses in his blog. These are the people who helped IWTB to be made so maybe they can help us with the Millennium movie?

Michael Broidy

20th Century Fox

10201 W. Pico Blvd.

Bldg. 88, Room 344

Los Angeles, CA 90035

USA

Steve Asbell

Twentieth Century Fox

10201 West Pico Blvd.,

Bldg. 88, Room 132

Los Angeles, CA 90035

Chris Aronson

Twentieth Century Fox

10201 West Pico Blvd.,

Bldg. 86, Room 112

Los Angeles, CA 90035

From https://network.biglight.com/forum/topic/sh...3ATopic%3A62502 :

Steve Asbell is the Fox exec that lobbied to get this film [The X-Files: I Want to Believe] made (Frank mentioned him during LAFF). Remember all those times when we thought we’d never see a Mulder and Scully story again? Well, Steve believed that we would, and he delivered. He kept the project alive regardless of the business complications [...]

Chris Aronson is someone many of you have heard from in recent days. He is an SVP in distribution at Fox, and he has been watching. He has noted our reactions, and he knows that for many fans, this movie is a dream come true.

A list of contact representatives we can send a formal, polite request for many a comment endorsing a fan campaign and giving such a campaign a little media credibility. Specifically, we need to correlate all the names we need to try and get comment on.

I guess the easiest way is to contact Frank Spotnitz because he is very open with fans. You can contact him at his site, https://biglight.com He answers many fans' letters (well, he answered mine several times LOL) so I'm sure we can hear some endorosment from him.

I think we can contact Chris Carter through his assistant and Ten Thirteen director of development Gabe Rotter. He has a website https://gaberotter.com/ and you can find his e-mail there.

Also it seems like Matt Allair, a webmaster of https://x-fileslexicon.com , has some contacts with both Spotnitz and Rotter so we can ask him to help us.

There are also some people (like Gia Milinovich who helped with an internet promotion of XF2 and who was very open to fans) who have some contacts with Frank and Chris so if needed I can provide a list of names. Now it sounds really conspiracy-like LOL. Anyway what I'm trying to say -- there are ways to contact 1013 people (Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz) and we should try them. ;)

I hope my post will be helpfull.

Hi Guys,

Laran I will help you dig around for the pdf you mention and even if we opt not to use it can do not harm to have a framework around which to form our own.

I agree wholeheartedly with Laredo on the issue of contacts. Until a locked forum is at our disposal we have some 'in between time' to begin laying the foundations of this campaign. My proposition is that we created a single pinned topic solely containing a list of contact addresses and links that can be easily referenced during the campaign. Posting them within ongoing topics will be insufficient for our needs so we need to establish a database of sorts. We need, when we have time, to begin collating the names and addresses of the cast's agents, the studios we seek to interest, media and genre forums, social networking sites, user-generated video hosting sites, in fact anywhere we think we may direct our attention at some point. I shall start with this later and would greatly appreciate the seasoned Philes here making us aware of links to the most popular and influential X-Files related forums and blogs.

On a second note, I adore 'Back to Black' and cannot think of anything that surpasses this and it does everything we require it to do by focusing on the character and not the franchise. I am unsure about the subtitle but will have a think.

I shall get back to you later with the pdf should I find it,

Best wishes,

Eth

EDIT - I see Blackoil and myself have posted at the same time and he has already begun to search out contacts. He must be psychic lol. Thanks Blackoil :)

Guest donkeyjote

I think "The return of TVs original profiler" sounds fine. Mostly since the best thing I could come up with was Back to Black: A new look into the abyss. :p

Dear friends,

Myself and Laredo are currently liaising with each other Graham in order that a password protected forum be created for continued discussion. I ask you all to bear with us whilst this is done but in anticipation of this could those that wish access to the forum PM Laredo or myself requesting the password, that way once we are ready we will be in possession of a list of members which will enable us to get the password to you as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Jim McLean

Just to add, those who do wish to add their services to their campaign, be it practical, advice, grunt work or brainstorming, we will run a private forum. There will be a code of conduct required for you to agree to for access. This isn't gratuitous or pompous in design, but we're keen to ensure that those who work on the campaign agree to being represented by the same voice.

As topical as it may be, we don't want Owls and Roosters on this. :) What is decided within the forum will be solely what is promoted outside the forum. With such an understanding at the offset, we can ensure what is said publicly on behalf of this campaign is in tandem with both the campaign and TIWWA.

Again, if people fail to adhere to the code of conduct, we'll simply close the campaign. Keeping the message and intent universal throughout this campaign is paramount to the integrity of TIWWA and its members.

Just so you understand the method behind the seemingly bureaucratic madness!

Blackoil, that is an amazing list. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. If keep our aims manageable we should be able to achieve what we intend, regardless of whether any success comes from the campaign.

Guest Jim McLean

I myself am warming to "Back to Black". If we design this header with a picture of frank to give it more clarity as to who its referring to I think it would work well. I would like a sub heading myself - its just finding one that is catchy and succinct that clarifies its a campaign. "A Campaign for Chris Carters' Greatest Hero"/"A Campaign for TV's Original Criminal Profiler" - or something like that.

I myself am warming to "Back to Black". If we design this header with a picture of frank to give it more clarity as to who its referring to I think it would work well. I would like a sub heading myself - its just finding one that is catchy and succinct that clarifies its a campaign. "A Campaign for Chris Carters' Greatest Hero"/"A Campaign for TV's Original Criminal Profiler" - or something like that.

"Back to Black" sounds great, although it sounds like a CD for a rock group. The picture would help a lot.

I think "A Campaign for TV's Original Criminal Profiler" is better than the first one, because you might get some die hard X-Files fans that might take offense to "A Campaign for Chris Carters' Greatest Hero" because they could think it could be Mulder, Scully, or hell, the Lone Gunmen. Just a thought.

• Elders (Moderators)

I'm agreeing with everyone about everything these days :rofl: ;very good points made about the picture, plus the possible subtitle!

Whatever the decision about an addition will be, I think we should use "Back to Black" as the main title.

I'm agreeing with everyone about everything these days :rofl: ;very good points made about the picture, plus the possible subtitle!

Whatever the decision about an addition will be, I think we should use "Back to Black" as the main title.

I know, that's scary... We're either all psychic, or at least all thinking along the same wavelength. We (the parts) know what the whole (the group) wants.