B2FB Merchandise - Third Wave Available!

Rate this topic

I think I did Josef but if I didn't then Baz is sure to see it now :)

And now I'm on the other side of the fence can I petition, most strongly, for the Lara Tee that was in the design stages at some point? I will purchase said tee the moment it is released and that's a promise.

Eth

Guest Jim McLean

As we've said in other threads, Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan and Jim Wong love these shirts. I certainly hope Baz does some more. The sheer character of work here is what drew Glen closer to our Millennium nest - if that's not a stamp of approval for these designs, I don't know what is!

Guest lilblackgirl

I love the idea of putting these shirts out there to MM's admiring fans, but I have a question about the purpose of them. Is this to promote the BTFB campaign or is it just a bunch of MM fans doing what they do best by sharing a fondness of the show by way of t-shirts?

I understand that there are legal issues in using anything related to the show directly, but if your purpose is to promote the campaign, don't you think that these shirts are a bit to obscure?

I live in t-shirts, but these days, I rarely ever truly pay attention to the millions of different logos that I see on a yearly basis and i'm wondering if these logos aren't counter-productive to the campaign. I'd bet that in a room of a thousand people, maybe one person would recognize the references made on any of these wonderful designs.

Wouldn't something more straightforward help the campaign? Again, foregoing the obvious legal issues.

Maybe even something just stating "Bring back Frank Black"? Or is his name copyrighted as well?

I'm just thinking out loud here. Certainly not trying to dampen the mood or discourage these great designs and ideas.

Guest Jim McLean

I love the idea of putting these shirts out there to MM's admiring fans, but I have a question about the purpose of them. Is this to promote the BTFB campaign or is it just a bunch of MM fans doing what they do best by sharing a fondness of the show by way of t-shirts?

I understand that there are legal issues in using anything related to the show directly, but if your purpose is to promote the campaign, don't you think that these shirts are a bit to obscure?

It's a fair question.

I live in t-shirts, but these days, I rarely ever truly pay attention to the millions of different logos that I see on a yearly basis and i'm wondering if these logos aren't counter-productive to the campaign. I'd bet that in a room of a thousand people, maybe one person would recognize the references made on any of these wonderful designs.

I think it was more a creative decision to try and do something interesting - and in all honesty it worked. Glen Morgan said that the T-Shirts were the very thing that brought him to us because they sold the idea that the people in the Millennium community, in his words, "got" the show.

Funny thing about marketing is sometimes the most obvious answer isn't always the best one. The fact the shirts have subtlety and aren't just blatant marketing is what was hoped would make them attractive to consumers. I think that might have been proved right.

HOWEVER..

Wouldn't something more straightforward help the campaign? Again, foregoing the obvious legal issues.

Maybe even something just stating "Bring back Frank Black"? Or is his name copyrighted as well?

I'm just thinking out loud here. Certainly not trying to dampen the mood or discourage these great designs and ideas.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to do just that - a few blatants. I'll speak to Baz about it.

Thank you for your candid feedback!

Hi All,

Apologies I've not been around here much lately, lots going on at the moment.

First, fantastic news about the Glen Morgan interview and incredibly flattering to know that Glen, Darin and James Wong appreciated the t-shirts. Hopefully their interest will help bring more people to the campaign.

Second- a BTFB-centric design. I am working on this, I'll be presenting Jim and Troy some possible designs soon. Likewise, the Fourth and Final Wave of designs, including a couple which are Lara-centric. I am open to any and all suggestions, but I thought the girl on the swing charcoal drawing wouldn't really work as a tshirt, though I really appreciate the suggestion Josef, please keep them coming.

I agree that the designs up to now have been deliberately obscure, and they have to be for obvious legal reasons. The trick is to have something that is identifiable with the show, without using anything actually identifiable. It is difficult, but that's my job to try and make that work.

I'll let you know how I get on!

cheers

baz

• Like 1

Baz, I know what you mean.

I never tried to picture it myself or put it on a t-shirt myself, but I had that idea, since that drawing looked like a logo. And it was in line what you were doing, being obscure but still for the hardcore Millennium fan.

Now, about Lara tees, how about the angel that she sees...don't know how well that would come out. I'm just trying to throw out some ideas here :D

How about something from Wide Open, that X. Probably wouldn't work...but it would be kinda in line with the Dead Letters and Sacrament tees.

What about Darwin's Eye? The palm trees?

The bobble-head Devil from Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me?

How about silhouettes of devil dogs...?

Follow the path...from In Arcadia Ego...and that mangled bullet...maybe too hard to do or wouldn't work.

That's all I can think of...for now.

Edited by ty7du
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love a polaroid shirt and definately a Mikado one!!!!!

How about a "Love is Blue" Shirt?

Two red die for Lara Means

Some shirts with the quotes from season one in the Millennium font

How about a food item with Anti written over something like pasta

Ideas that just came to me, not obscure no but they would look good...... maybe