Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

"Jedi" for a religion, that sounds pretty cool. Looks like I'll have some real snow stating tomorrow, and really cold too. Winter is here!

Thought about moving to the UK claiming religious persacution as a Druid....lol [ it too is a recognized religion across the pond] :boody::bogie::christmas5hq5:

The strangest thing I read was that Scientology is an officially recognised religion in the Royal Navy which means there are members of the Navy who must be practising. I wonder if I could get away with claiming to be a Selfosophist. :hands2trans:

Eth

The strangest thing I read was that Scientology is an officially recognised religion in the Royal Navy which means there are members of the Navy who must be practising. I wonder if I could get away with claiming to be a Selfosophist. :hands2trans:

Eth

Give it a go Mark, you know we'll all stand behind you. :ouroborous:

Wow, I never noticed the hands :2handstransp: before today. Where have I been? :WhipMeLucysaidFrank:

154596_10150111446927873_611347872_7487549_1664495_n.jpg

Very good chat indeed and if you are still debating whether or not to join us then you might like to know that in addition to 'Midnight Of The Century' and 'Omerta' we will be looking at the original 'Black Christmas' so do try and find an opportunity to watch it if you can. I know we have mentioned if before but if any new members are reading this I thought a brief reminder wouldn't hurt. Now we have lost of new faces joining us for the chat so we have only a few places left if you are interested so please do let me or Richard (Wavecrest) know if you would like to join in.

I'm really, really looking forward to this one folks.

M

Guest WaveCrest

Very nice poster indeed! Love the rocking chair image from Black Christmas and the Frank Black image. :thumbsup: The Frank Black artwork reminds me of the artwork in the Topps X Files pilot comic book adaptation. The whole thing has that vintage cinema poster artwork look. :notworthy:

Mince pies and mulled wine optional. :oneeyedwinK

• 1 month later...

milllogo.gif

Dear friends, tonight's the night.

Friday, 7th January sees us tackling the wonderful subject of Millennium: Apocalypse at 8 PM UK time (2 PM US Central Time, 3 PM US East Coast Time) and I do hope you can join us. There is a possibility that Jason Morris will be joining us. For those who are not aware of who he is, he is the director, writer and general made-it-happen chap behind the project so I am sure it will be a superb chat with a plenty of opportunities to chat about other things.

This is who we are.

Eth

• 2 weeks later...

If you all will remember, during our chat on the 7th when Jason Morris joined us, I had asked Jason about why music is so loud and dialogue is so soft in movies. And then poof, Parade Magazine, which is a weekly publication, posted a reader's same question to composer Alan Menken. Here's the question, answer, and link to the site.

Q:

Why is music in movies and on TV so loud? I can barely hear the dialogue! —Florence Boren, Vicksburg, Miss.

A: We asked composer Alan Menken, 61, who co-wrote the Golden Globe–nominated song “I See the Light” for Tangled, to weigh in: “I pride myself on the fact that, with my music, you can hear dialogue and lyrics, but I have noticed that these days ‘louder’ seems to mean ‘better.’ I think people feel like it makes more of an impact. Ironically, it’s the opposite: When music is very quiet, the impact is much greater.”

Now here's a man that listens to the people. Music does have a greater impact when it's quiet.