Ebola, what you're not being told

Rate this topic

Earthnut

I have to say when I first heard about the outbreak in March or April of this year (2014), I immediately thought, "This is it..." and I almost immediately thought of the teaser from "The Time is NOW":

TEAM MEMBER: Dr. Sorenson, we're in a hot zone.

SORENSON: We can't determine that until we collect all the evidence. And corroborate it with the CDC at Fort Dietrich.

[sorenson has joined his associate at the window. Both staring.]

TEAM MEMBER: We don't have to wait, sir. It's here. We knew it was coming. That it would spread faster than we could ever control it, and now it's here. The time is now.

The Ebola news as of 10/15/14 ~

Second Dallas nurse with Ebola was on Frontier Airlines Flight 1143
Dallas hospital had 'no protocol' for Ebola. Nurses' union cites sloppy conditions and shifting guidelines where a man died of Ebola. The CDC chief regrets handling of Dallas Ebola case.
CDC asking all 132 passengers to call and be interviewed
Navarro College rejects Nigerian applicants, citing Ebola
Someone in Maine is being observed as a possible patient
California bus driver quarantined

10/16/14 ~

Nurse Nina Pham moved to Bethesda and "Clipboard Man" not wearing hazmat suit at airport ~
The airline confirmed to ABC News that the man was their medical protocol supervisor who was purposefully not wearing protective gear.
"Our medical professionals in the biohazard suits have limited vision and mobility and it is the protocol supervisor’s job to watch each person carefully and give them verbal directions to ensure no close contact protocols are violated," a spokesperson from Phoenix Air told ABC News.
"There is absolutely no problem with this and in fact ensures an even higher level of safety for all involved," the spokesperson said.
AND
Ebola outbreak may create massive food shortage
AND
Ebola.com for sale (pitiful)

• Elders (Moderators)

That "Clipboard Man" has been picked up by UK news websites. I really don't buy the explanation. He could have adopted standard gear for operating theatres, which would have given him all-round vision. And he was far too close to the Ebola patient. The protocols for highly infectious diseases are not just for preventing further infections, they're also for protecting already infected and possibly immunocompromised patients from getting other pathogens from inadequately clothed individuals.

There's a whole lot of incompetency in this situation. And that's giving a lot of ammunition to the conspiracy nuts.

IMHO Ebola patients should have been sent to military bio-hazard facilities in the first place. Regular hospitals can't even prevent MRSA , Pseudomonas, or super Staph that they have been fighting for more than a decade let alone something exotic like Ebola which is classified at the highest bio-hazard level 4.

Recognizing the Biosafety Levels

https://www.cdc.gov/training/quicklearns/biosafet