Millennium - Age Group Appeal

Rate this topic

Millennium Appeal  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 months later...
Guest nukehorn

I am about to turn 47 in just a few short days and got hooked a couple of years ago when I saw a few episodes in reruns. Sorry to say I wasnt in at the begging but became a huge fan after just a few episodes.

nukehorn

I am about to turn 47 in just a few short days and got hooked a couple of years ago when I saw a few episodes in reruns. Sorry to say I wasnt in at the begging but became a huge fan after just a few episodes.

nukehorn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, me too! Welcome to the wonder that is Millennium!!! :ouro:

Oos forgot to use the spellcheck.My apologies,Im not too computer savvy.

nukehorn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can go back and edit your posts if you want to.

I'm a typo-holic, too! :fool:

Guest betweenthelines

I'm 20, and watched "Millennium" once it premiered. I must have been 12 or 13 years old, maybe even 11. I was obsessed with "The X-Files" at the time, so it was only natural that I tune in to Chris Carter's newest creation.

• 1 year later...

Love it when oldie but goodie threads get ressurected, as this one has a few times, I believe. It's interesteding the largest group of voters in this poll is the 18-25 group. Like BTL you must have all been fairly young, if you viewed it when it originally aired. Emotionally mature stuff for such an age group. Or perhaps, as we know has occurred quite regularly, this group includes a lot of viewers of the show after it was in syndication or on dvd, etc. Can we here from so folks in this age group? Can you tell us if you viewed it when orig on, or when in synd, or when on dvd?

• 5 months later...
Guest Laurent.

Well well well... I'm bringing this thread back from the dead once more (strangely, it showed up in "view new posts")...

I'm now 20 but became a fan of Millennium when I was 17 I guess... pretty much when I had finally bought all x-files season on dvd and decided to turn on MM to quench my thirst for some fresh 1013 creation. Yet I remember seeing three episodes (In Arcadia Ego, Goodbye Charlie, Bardo Thodol) when it first aired in french over here... which must have been in 1999, give or take a year (so I was around 12 years old). I wasn't really hooked back then... I don't think it had anything to do with my age but more with the fact that, even now, they're not episodes that are touching me in any particular way unlike most of the rest of the series.

• 6 months later...
Guest Sheree Dawn

While I am now 40, I was turned on to the whole millennium consciousness when I was in my early 30's. I think the show's timing coincided with an awakening of the human spirit to things other than just this plane of existence.

But this is not to discount the fantastic plot of the show, just to show how I originally came to view it. I was also convinced at the time that so much of what was going on with the x-files was largely truth, also.

Still have strong opinions on that. :alien2:

• 2 months later...

I'm with the majority -- which I think mostly comes from the fact that younger people are more tech-savvy. My first XF episode was at 11, I still wonder how I got involved in a show whose storylines I didn't even comprehend. Then my first MLM episode was at 14, but for various reasons, mainly the show not airing in TV and the lack of DVDs, I didn't come to watch the show until later. In a way I'm glad I did that, because MLM is much more mature and demanding than XF, it resonates with me much more now -- and perhaps it will resonate even more in the future when I have a family to protect.