Most disturbing image in Millennium?

Rate this topic

Guest Cookyman

Guest A Stranger

i didn't like the shooting of the dog in the Wild & the Innocent. I know that you don't see it but you hear it. I always find things like that on TV distasteful as animal cruelty rarely adds anything to a plot

I think it definatly showed the dangerous, careless nature of that character. Bobby was killing everything in his path. In fact it helps to emphasis the theme of "the wild and the innocent."

yes, but the animal cruelty was central to those plots. it wasn't in The Wild & the Innocent, which is what i find most disturbing.

I have to agree with "A Stranger", and "Robbinski". I am also strongly effected by animal cruelty, as an animal lover and rescuer. Still, I felt the way that it was delt with on ALL 10-13 shows was very tastefuly, and ment to make you think. Actualy, "Broken World" WOULD have to contain MY personal "most disturbing image", when the mare (Queenie) is shown, bleeding in her stall, not dead yet, as the woman finds her. As for the dog that is gunned down in "The Wild and the Innocent", I feel that it WAS nessisary to the story. The entire episode shows, as "A Stranger" was saying, the bloody path left by the 2 men in that show. Both Bobbie and the man who was the father of the baby, Angel. It showed the balance and relationship between "The Wild and the Innocent" thoughout the entire episode. How many "Innocents" were cut down by the actions of those 2 men. The couple at the house where that dog was were also gunned down, for no reason. They were "Innocents", too. The site of that dog, barking franticly, hearing the fight inside the house, then slowly bowing it's head and sinking down, knowing it's family is gone, is quiet moving.

Guest amnesic
The site of that dog, barking franticly, hearing the fight inside the house, then slowly bowing it's head and sinking down, knowing it's family is gone, is quiet moving.

you're making me well up all over again! :cry: poor doggie...must go off and give my dogs a cuddle!

• Elders (Moderators)

Well, usually I´m not the guy who gets upset by some violent or disturbing scenes in TV-Series or movies, but one thing made me shiver. It is the scene in "A Room with no view", when Frank and Peter discover the body of that FBI-Agent who should watch over Lucy Butler. He still sits in his chair and there are maggots all over his body, they even eaten up his face :tasty: That made (made is actually the german word for maggot...) me feel so knocked out, not only because of the scene itself, but for showing this in a series on TV. I have never seen anything like this in a televison series again.

Well, usually I´m not the guy who gets upset by some violent or disturbing scenes in TV-Series or movies, but one thing made me shiver. It is the scene in "A Room with no view", when Frank and Peter discover the body of that FBI-Agent who should watch over Lucy Butler. He still sits in his chair and there are maggots all over his body, they even eaten up his face :tasty:  That made (made is actually the german word for maggot...) me feel so knocked out, not only because of the scene itself, but for showing this in a series on TV. I have never seen anything like this in a televison series again.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW :puke:

Gee... :thankx-big: a-lot! :angry: Now I've got that image in my head again! :eyes::puke:

• 2 months later...
Guest SteelyFan

The Annie Tisdale opened the package in The Judge and found the tongue kinda creeped me out. Or the scene where Bletch found the guy who's leg had been amputated and used his own belt as a tourniquet to hold off death. The air of unease was palpable.

But for me, the most disturbing image was the opening scene of Seven and One. Frank Black and the Backstreet Boys sharing airtime. Can't get more disturbing than that :-)

<font color='#000000'>Another disturbing scene in the "Lamentation" episode -- the part where Lucy Butler removes Dr. Fabricant's kidney *without* anesthesia. REALLY CREEPY!!!!

:Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:  :cool-big:</font>

This also was the scene that stood out for me from the entire run of the show as very, very disturbing.

Coming in a close second was the young man commiting suicide with a power drill in "Goodbye To All That".

• 6 years later...
Guest notbadforahuman

These are all really great responses. Although there are MANY moments in Millennium that really affected me, I think that the scene where Bletcher looks up the stairs and sees Lucy (in all of her different forms), still really scares me to this day. It isn't like a horror movie 'scare', rather a terror that hits me hard and really deep down. Creeeeeeepy!

That is hands down one of the finest moments of the show. The fact that they allow Lucy's face to linger in darkness for song long really ramps up the adrenaline as it signals to the viewer that all is not well. When I first saw it I was quite unprepared for her to morph into a male form never mind a demon. It retrospect I really wish the demon had been done differently or just obscured a whole lot more but other than that it's perfect television.

Eth

Everyone have definitely picked some outstanding scenes, and for fright and horror, it would be hard to pick the best one, which may I add would also have to include the Pilot, and how they young men were buried. OMG.

But for me, and being a mother, the hospital room scene with Frank and Jordan was the most terrifying, speaking from some experience. The only demon being death. And at the same time, probably the best scene in the series for Frank's acting. It took an excellent actor to pull it off, and Lance certainly fills the shoes.