Vocal ID for your computer

Rate this topic

Guest Wellington

Geee, I'm afraid to spoil the whole apprearance of "Mulder" in it then..... :rofl::gaba::laugh_big:

I already know what happened in the whole series. I read 2-3 books on David Lynch and one of them had plot summaries for each and every episode of Twin Peaks.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 1 month later...
Guest chrisnu

Here's something from the series I've been blurting out at random lately, that would make a nifty passphrase:

"I nearly blew a new hole in you, Frank."

Guest Legion

About bad translations... Living in Italy, my MillenniuM experience has been a dubbed one, where "Soylent Green is people" turned, for some unknown reason, to "Only Ezechiel is my prophet". What the heck...?

Anyway, my vocal ID (most cool thread by the way)... Wouldn't it be cool if that came straight from that nice 80's movie, Aliens (quite a Roedecker one if you ask me)?

"Not bad, for a human".

Now check the character... :rofl:

• Elders (Moderators)

More bad translation: In Germany the vocal-ID of Lara Means turns from "Open the podbay doors, please, HAL" into "This is the beginning of a wonderful friendship" :angry:

A vocal-ID I would choose: "We´re gonna need a bigger boat" from JAWS.

Alex :ouro:

More bad translation: In Germany the vocal-ID of Lara Means turns from "Open the podbay doors, please, HAL" into "This is the beginning of a wonderful friendship" :angry:

A vocal-ID I would choose: "We´re gonna need a bigger boat" from JAWS.

Alex :ouro:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

O.K.....Now.... If I had to choose something other than Frank's "Soylant Green is People", it'd probably be... "The good of the many outway the good of the few...or the one." From Star Trek 2, The Wrath of Khan", right before Spock dies.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Forza
O.K.....Now....  If I had to choose something other than Frank's "Soylant Green is People", it'd probably be...  "The good of the many outway the good of the few...or the one."  From Star Trek 2, The Wrath of Khan", right before Spock dies.

LOL; my quote fro Khan would be:

"His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jordan

The only explanation I can think of for the dodgy translation into German and Italian of Lara and Frank's vocal ID is that the dubbing people wanted a phrase that looked as if Frank and Lara were really saying that to their computers; the dubbing people could have thought that was more important than having the right translation.

On the other hand, it could have been a work experience translator having a bit of fun.

Guest chrisnu

Some more nice passphrases from "Twin Peaks":

"There is a man in a smiling bag"

"The owls are not what they seem"

"Without chemicals, he points"

"Damn good coffee, and hot!"

"There was a fish in the percolator!"

"Styrofoam never dies for as long as you live."